Monday, 2024-05-20, 10:32:58 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » Idea: Class Specific Items
Idea: Class Specific Items
bud-bus-Date: Wednesday, 2009-10-14, 4:06:33 PM | Message # 46
Lead Moderator
Group: Moderator
Quote (darkchaos)
BTW, i was intending that you buy the powerups and they give you x increase in % drop of y item for z min.

Yeah i know dude, that's cool i guess..but i think that people who want to get max level would like to buy higher % exp rates for z mins cool

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

n00bz4rusDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-14, 6:27:11 PM | Message # 47
Stage 2
Group: Users
powerups that increase drop rates is kinda useless...lets say u buy the powerup for 10 mins but when u kill the boss u used more than 10 mins to kill him so the powerup is wasted..hard to predict how much time u need to kill a boss..

I'm just your normal weirdo next door.

"There are times when not giving are better than giving"
-???

WhimsicalyukiDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-14, 6:50:21 PM | Message # 48
Stage 5
maybe make the powerups that increase drop rate for the next monster you kill or something.. or the next monster that you hit >_< that lasts until it's death, and would the whole class specific items be able to drop like in bulk? like 1 item for agi class 1 item for str class, like would it be possible to get something like that? like instead of having to kill over and over and over again and get only 1 item and it isn't even yours you know? >_< like have a chance that a monster will drop this type of item, then another trigger or soemthing(dunno how map editor works) to make it so that it's POSSIBLE to have multiple items drop from 1 kill >_<

what would happen if Yuki was a vampire

darkchaosDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-14, 10:50:26 PM | Message # 49
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
So you can have powerups such as (off the top of my head):
-----------------------------------------------------------
(Some funky name) Rune
Item Type: Item Drop Rate Increaser
Level Requirement: None
Effect: Increases Rare drop percentage from the next boss kill by 2%.
Description: A rune with old, ancient magics that have the power to distort space and time to affect reality.

(Some funky name) Rune
Effect: Increases Legendary drop percentage from the next boss kill by 1%.
Description: A rune with old, ancient magics that have the power to distort space and time to affect reality.

(Some funky name) Rune
Effect: Increases Rare drop percentage from the next creep kill by 5%.

(Some funky name) Rune
Effect: Increases Legendary drop percentage from the next creep kill by 3%.

Guardi an Rune
Effect: Increases Guardian (tank) Type items drop percentage from the next boss kill by 20%. This does not affect the possibility of Rare or Legendary items themselves.

How would I set the item price though? Like if I have one general one would it work for any boss, including weak bosses like that abyssal one and chaos as well? Or seperate for different bosses. Maybe add a forumla thats (Boss level/50) plat coins or something?

Opinions?

13adKarmaDate: Thursday, 2009-10-15, 0:55:19 AM | Message # 50
Stage 1
class specific items is a horrible outrages idea it no more be CoT Rpg

HurinDate: Thursday, 2009-10-15, 2:44:59 AM | Message # 51
Stage 1
Runes increasing exp rate would be nice if droppin randomly from creeps too. Runes increasing drop rates is usefull. But class specific items is a waste of valuable time imo.

n00bz4rusDate: Thursday, 2009-10-15, 4:49:06 AM | Message # 52
Stage 2
dark..u really need to learn to be creative..u must put some of ur uniqueness in the game or they wont recognize u..come up with something really random but useful and pls make a unique name for the runes by ur self..if not then the runes are not gonna be remembered as urs..

I'm just your normal weirdo next door.

"There are times when not giving are better than giving"
-???

darkchaosDate: Thursday, 2009-10-15, 11:15:06 PM | Message # 53
Mapmaker
Thats a rather stupid question... why wouldn't i make them by myself?

AnomDate: Friday, 2009-10-16, 3:03:20 AM | Message # 54
Stage 1
Maybe instead of class specific items, have different armor types/classes such as platemail, chainmail, cloth etc etc.

KySotoDate: Friday, 2009-10-16, 3:11:07 AM | Message # 55
Sub mod.
that would be insane... cuz like theres already soooo many items. he would basicly have to create his own item structure from scratch and prolly have to nuke 99% of the items already in play.... which would kinda suck... well for him. unless he adds it in side by side with whats already there... but then it would totally negate the use of pretty much any of the other random items that are in the game.

then again im pretty much tired and like... delerious soooo... yeah.

PieratDate: Friday, 2009-10-16, 12:10:42 PM | Message # 56
Stage 1
I don't know if I like the idea of drop boost runes, but maybe add that as an effect in some items.

EXP boost runes that drop from monsters would be great though. It would give incentive to not just set patrol on ogreland to 999. Plus there needs to be something to speed up leveling a little bit... 999 levels is a lot

darkchaosDate: Saturday, 2009-10-17, 0:02:45 AM | Message # 57
Mapmaker
Patrolling in ogreland to 999 won't take hours or days... it'll be near the weeks o_O
Killing lvl 70ish ogres and getting 1% xp from ogres at level 900+ will give you 0.001% xp to next level... yay?
I dont really like the idea of exp runes... its supposed to take long to get to 999 anyway.

Also I like the Plate/Chainmail/Leather/Cloth idea.

Kinda sum it up atm (What I have in mind).

Casters - Cloth,Staves,Wands
DD - Chainmail/Leather,Knives,Daggers,Short Swords
Tanks - Plate/Chainmail/Leather,Bastard Swords, Two Handed Swords, Claymores, Long Swords

Cloth(effects it can have) - Int Bonus, movespeed increase, mana regen, low armor bonus, low regen bonus
Chainmail(effects it can have) - Medium armor/regen bonus
Leather(effects it can have) - Agi Bonus, slight movespeed increase, attack speed increase
Plate(effects it can have) - Large armor bonus, str bonus, large regen bonus, reduced movespeed

Casters - Staves, Wands, etc
DD - Knives, Daggers, Short Swords, etc
Tanks - Bastard Swords, Two Handed Swords, Claymores, Long Swords

Staves,Wands(effects it can have) - Int Bonus, mana regen,slight attack increase
Knives,Daggers,Short Swords(effects it can have) - Attack increase, Agi increase, attack speed increase
Bastard Swords, Two Handed Swords, Claymores, Long Swords(effects it can have) - Large attack speed increase (To counterbalance the tanks slow attack speed a little - dont be msitaken - this won't be large that it will make them dd, just make them a lil more useful), negative attack speed increase, str increase

All - Accessories: Rings, Belts, Amulets

Effects: Random

Tanks - Sheilds
Block damage.
DD - N/A
Casters - Grimoire/Spell Book?
Mana regen, int bonus?

In case those who are wondering "Who needs mana regen", spells in the future will do level x 300(value varies, just an example) mana cost.

Need further discussion...

KySotoDate: Saturday, 2009-10-17, 0:36:29 AM | Message # 58
Sub mod.
what are you going to do with the current items then... they wont really... fit in... with your ideas. you would have to remove them but then your kinda just removing the CoT part of the map and making it a FoC map only. granted this may be how you want to do it. im just saying that you would be kinda slaughtering the whole old system. actually i don't really know all of what im saying on this cuz im tired and talkin to a girl i like so im barely payin much attention to what im really saying. but in essence your going to hack out the rest of what this rpg was with the new item system.

HurinDate: Saturday, 2009-10-17, 6:48:02 AM | Message # 59
Stage 1
KySoto is right. It's gonna be a different map not a mod...

PrincessParanoiaDate: Saturday, 2009-10-17, 7:05:12 AM | Message # 60
Stage 4
It will then be like Final Fantasy Epic RPG if any of you guys have played that map before...

[Princess Paranoia] .......<3....... Sumtyms n lyf,
if u wana do sumthin' good, u gota do sumthin' bad.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » Idea: Class Specific Items
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024