Monday, 2024-04-29, 6:24:55 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » Idea: Class Specific Items
Idea: Class Specific Items
God_Of_DeathDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-07, 9:27:29 PM | Message # 16
Stage 7
Group: Moderator
So yes the class based items are good but I'm wondering should you start with class items or finishing all the bosses?

pado_aaDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-07, 9:31:29 PM | Message # 17
Stage 1
Group: Users
worst idea on CoT.

having class specific items will be fatal to CoT since thats how we have been keeping this "balance" between

weak and strong characters (there are hugh gap between the two, and many are very weak.)

and by implementing class specific items, this balace could possibly broken.

Just go with my old idea lol. (having 3 different types of attack & armor, depending on their main ability)

God_Of_DeathDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-07, 9:38:44 PM | Message # 18
Stage 7
The class idea doesn't break the balance it makes it there and adds teamwork to the game.

pado_aaDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-07, 9:41:23 PM | Message # 19
Stage 1
Quote (God_Of_Death)
The class idea doesn't break the balance it makes it there and adds teamwork to the game.

ever thought that perhaps thats ur idea and not "others"?

and please don't reply to threads with ur useless spamming replies, just to get ur rank up. It is just pathetic.

BalsiferDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-07, 10:21:28 PM | Message # 20
Stage 1
I honestly dont know about class specific items.. your gonna make casters even more squishy.. then its gonna take 2-3 people to take down a boss... then its gonna be even harder to get games going.. dang .... already hard enough to get people to join my games sad if you make class items.. then everyone will start creating tank dd or hybrid just to be able to solo bosses...

darkchaosDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-07, 11:13:05 PM | Message # 21
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
You can pretty much solo them if you upgrade ur items to +5 no matter what you are, but it will be expensive and you'll have to go on farming often. Except if your facing one of the legendary bosses i'll add later (Chaotic God (Not so much, can prolly take him down with 2-3 people), Pandemonium, Infinity, Chaos, Other boss (name not decided). These bosses will take 5-8 players to take down.

pado_aaDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-07, 11:58:58 PM | Message # 22
Stage 1
man why not just go back to old school shizzle style

Andaris, Duriel, Mephisto, Diablo, Baal

Izual, Countess, Summoner, Nil'halak, etc.

bud-bus-Date: Thursday, 2009-10-08, 1:27:34 AM | Message # 23
Lead Moderator
I have a few ideas, but I'll just post the one for now..(since this is off topic..) but to have a CUTE boss to kill! cool

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

pado_aaDate: Thursday, 2009-10-08, 6:29:46 AM | Message # 24
Stage 1
man fuck u diablo is still sick as ever

make runeword items (just like how u wud forge iron golem fist OR chaotic necklace)
such as Enigma (Jah Ith Ber runes) (Prefered on Mage or Archon Plate)
Breath of the Dying (Vex Hel El Eld Zod Eth runes) (Prefered on Berserker Axe or Colossus Blade)
Faith (Ohm Jah Lem Eld runes) (Prefered on Matriach Bow or Grand Matron Bow)
Grief (Eth Tir Lo Mal Ral runes) (Prefered on Phase Blade or Zweihnwender or Colossus Sword or Berserker Axe)
Destruction (Vex Lo Ber Jah Ko runes) (Prefered on Berserker Axe)
Spirit (Tal Thul Ort Amn runes) (Prefered on Monarch Shield or Sacred Targe with 40+ all Resist)
Exile (Vex Ohm Ist Dol runes) (Prefered on Sacred Targe or Vortex Shield with 40+ all Resist)
Fortitude (El Sol Dol Lo runes) (Prefered on Archon Plate)
and others.
(if u wanna help with runes pm me ill tell u everything :))

God_Of_DeathDate: Thursday, 2009-10-08, 11:36:25 AM | Message # 25
Stage 7
Maybe also add HERO specific items later on. on an off note having a conversation isnt spamming.

WhimsicalyukiDate: Thursday, 2009-10-08, 12:44:24 PM | Message # 26
Stage 5
uhhh weird... but uhmm class specific items does sound good i guess, but also make like a bank system or something to have extra inventory to save on if so, so that like you can change your build for each bosses and whatnot.. but uhmm... class specific items and everything would make cot lose it's unique charm I believe... because didn't black road defiance and others kind of start falling in popularity because of the lack of originality?, so I'm thinking why not make it so that there's a way to change your class? like not completely solid but able to change your affinity from str agi or int (ex. Elementalist decides to change into an str/tank hero making the job become something like Elemental Knight, with different set of skills, like imbue element which will give a buff depending on what element you choose and whatnot..., but that's just my idea >_<)

what would happen if Yuki was a vampire

God_Of_DeathDate: Thursday, 2009-10-08, 2:55:16 PM | Message # 27
Stage 7
Perhaps not be able to switch the class completely but maybe change to a hybrid through quests?

darkchaosDate: Thursday, 2009-10-08, 3:22:58 PM | Message # 28
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
All heroes will pretty much play the same though if they will all have the same items.

Changing to a hybrid through quests would defeat the purpose of the character. If you wanted to be a hybrid, then pick a hybrid when you first selected the char.

WhimsicalyukiDate: Thursday, 2009-10-08, 4:07:22 PM | Message # 29
Stage 5
I'd like the whole idea of having higher tier heroes for chaotic realm >_>.. like at lvl 999 with 100 plat coins and 100 lumber and after beating a chaos boss or something you get to make a chaos hero with chaos dmg and armor and whatever skills you put in, but with same stats as normal heroes and all the items going poof before it. oh and uhmm what i meant above is that make items become class oriented but also implement a system that has never been seen before like 3 different versions of the same hero with different items on each type, like having 3 heroes in 1 >_> and like i said it's just a random idea >_<, in a way i'm suggesting what has been implemented in ff epic rpg with ff tactics type except, all heroes will have 3 different versions which you have to raise separately and the inventories will be different?

what would happen if Yuki was a vampire

BalsiferDate: Thursday, 2009-10-08, 11:44:45 PM | Message # 30
Stage 1
I like the idea about new heroes at lvl 999 the chaotic heroes.. sounds cool smile

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » Idea: Class Specific Items
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024