Tuesday, 2024-04-30, 1:43:34 AM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » Idea: Class Specific Items
Idea: Class Specific Items
PrincessParanoiaDate: Friday, 2009-10-09, 1:47:02 AM | Message # 31
Stage 4
Group: Users
How about additional inventory slots?
People just love to collect nice items, don't they?

[Princess Paranoia] .......<3....... Sumtyms n lyf,
if u wana do sumthin' good, u gota do sumthin' bad.

darkchaosDate: Friday, 2009-10-09, 3:49:04 PM | Message # 32
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
Chaotic Heroes is a no, I will add another type of thing that makes you create the same char but with stronger abils and stuff.

Also, this is a topic for comments about the current idea. If you want to suggest something, please sugest it in another thread.

William_MDate: Saturday, 2009-10-10, 9:21:08 AM | Message # 33
Stage 1
How about this: There are 3 classes, tank through str, damage through damage, and damage through spells. Each has it's own unique items as well as items that they can all use, like sets. There are also hybrid classes that can use items from two of the groups, however hybrid can't use one or two "ultimate" items that the specific classes have access to late game.

TDoggDate: Saturday, 2009-10-10, 7:31:26 PM | Message # 34
Stage 1
sounds like a good idea

darkchaosDate: Saturday, 2009-10-10, 11:28:23 PM | Message # 35
Mapmaker
Thats exactly what i was saying... -.-

PieratDate: Tuesday, 2009-10-13, 4:06:49 PM | Message # 36
Stage 1
It is a good idea for the class specific items, but i wouldnt make to many of them or people will jus keep getting pissed off that stuff never drops for them like imp2 in twilights eve.

Enough just to make the class unique, but definitely keep a lot of the items available to all classes.

darkchaosDate: Tuesday, 2009-10-13, 6:48:55 PM | Message # 37
Mapmaker
What about implementing items that boost a certain rate of item drop for a price?

KySotoDate: Tuesday, 2009-10-13, 10:30:16 PM | Message # 38
Sub mod.
that are like buffs instead of actual items? cuz if you had to lose an inventory slot to get a better chance to get an item... that would blow.

darkchaosDate: Tuesday, 2009-10-13, 11:45:51 PM | Message # 39
Mapmaker
What about something like a powerup that lasts for x min and icnreases drop rate?

KySotoDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-14, 1:54:42 AM | Message # 40
Sub mod.
does this item drop off of random mobs? cuz if so then yeah that makes sense, but if its like a boss drop, a time limit would be kinda lame :P

HurinDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-14, 2:53:35 AM | Message # 41
Stage 1
An item imo becomes specific from its own effect. You don't need to restrict its availiabillity to a class. If somenone for some, unclear to me, reason wants to add an item givin +10.000 intelligent on a tank/dd, agi/str hero instead of addin somethin like +10.000str/agi or +10.000 armor for example then its his own matter...Remember the slots are only 6...so u need to pick wisely smile

AnomDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-14, 8:26:36 AM | Message # 42
Stage 1
I agree with Hurin.
It doesn't make much sense that a tank would be able to wear extremely heavy armor like platemail and stuff and fail to wear light clothing such a robes.

bud-bus-Date: Wednesday, 2009-10-14, 2:13:03 PM | Message # 43
Lead Moderator
Group: Moderator
Quote (darkchaos)
What about implementing items that boost a certain rate of item drop for a price?

Quote (darkchaos)
What about something like a powerup that lasts for x min and icnreases drop rate?

I wouldn't increase a drop rate in items, but maybe an increase in XP rate cool
And since we're on the subject of class specific, why not have several different effects on the items (differing from class to class) -- also, since all of the lifesteal items are basically useless at higher levels, you could put in another lifesteal high level item (or make that an effect on one of the sets or class specific?) cool

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

n00bz4rusDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-14, 3:36:29 PM | Message # 44
Stage 2
sorry for saying this..i dont know darkchaos will feel offended or not but dont u think theres still alot of things to be fixed before implementing new things in the game..?

I'm just your normal weirdo next door.

"There are times when not giving are better than giving"
-???

darkchaosDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-14, 3:58:36 PM | Message # 45
Mapmaker
Its called thinking into the future :P
It doesn't make much sense that a tank would be able to wear extremely heavy armor like platemail and stuff and fail to wear light clothing such a robes.
What about the other way around? Doesn't make sense for casters to have plate mail.
BTW, i was intending that you buy the powerups and they give you x increase in % drop of y item for z min.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » Idea: Class Specific Items
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024