Tuesday, 2024-04-30, 0:17:33 AM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 8 of 8
  • «
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » Idea: Class Specific Items
Idea: Class Specific Items
GimpDate: Friday, 2009-11-20, 8:20:27 PM | Message # 106
Stage 1
Group: Users
well i've been doing a bit of reading on the ideas, the trigger effect for the items u've listed on page 6 seems ok, but it still doesnt change alout of the facts about chars. for example, adding the sphere of azazoth just knocks out the lesser of the items already in the game. it's deffinately most effective on tank and elementalist and priest, because it really allows you to tank, but also with a +1mill stat item, it also makes any char able to tank almost everything in the game except azazoth. I'm thinking best thing you can do is add more versatility in items that are able to match the items out, force people of a dps class to go for more dps gear, force the spell casters to enjoy the +stats instead of the armor and dps stuff. for example, on my ele, ide rather have the azazoth, legend ring, +5 thanatos, than looking for a weapon that does +2mill dmg
or even +8mill dmg, stats just make the ele in general much funner to play. The thing with azazoth is its become a strong item than any other item almost for most, since the stats add to defence as well as +hitpoints and huge regeneration, makes to strong for alot of chars.

if you want to see more versatility, i'd say possibly cut away agi from giving +defence, only more speed and dmg? i know some other rpg's have followed with this so it's not a knew idea, but it would be a step into stopping the pr etc from using it in place of something that gives +65k armor, also, in general +all stat items of that extent is an almost bad thing in general, just saying you seem to be looking to make class specific items, but your adding items that make every character want them

I like having options of what to use, but i dont think class specific is the best thing to do, all that will do is force each class to have the same best items in the long run. Bringing out items that go towards specific things more than others with no class specific will cause more versatility in what people decide works best for their char. right now +5 wings and sphere of azazoth are the op items in the game, and every wants them, but what happends when u give them 10 more options that might help them more depending on what char they are?

key things from my giberish:
-agility might be worth nerfing the +defence (forcing dps to look for different means of defence/dps/life etc
-make more stuff like azazoth/+5 wings that people would like using, versatility is best if theres enough good items to force people to make decisions based on their character they chose to play
-class specific/the more original(str/int/agi specified items) both will create people to go for the best of those specific items, it's not going to change the idea of having the same stuff on every character.

if there's more i think of later, i'll edit this post, im a bit in a rush now, concert soon, so would like to hear some feedback on my points biggrin cheers and sorry for the unorganized top, im thinking about it as im writing haha

n00bz4rusDate: Sunday, 2009-11-22, 7:58:00 AM | Message # 107
Stage 2
the +armor on agi is not really that useful because the agi stat doesnt really give much armor anyway..even if u have th +1 mil stat..u still nid at least 1 legion armor or maybe astral armor to at least tank the strong creep in chaos world..so nerfing agi based armor is jz only change little bit things.

I'm just your normal weirdo next door.

"There are times when not giving are better than giving"
-???

GimpDate: Sunday, 2009-11-22, 7:23:19 PM | Message # 108
Stage 1
Quote (n00bz4rus)
the +armor on agi is not really that useful because the agi stat doesnt really give much armor anyway..even if u have th +1 mil stat..u still nid at least 1 legion armor or maybe astral armor to at least tank the strong creep in chaos world

I'm asuming you are talking about your pr, +1mill stats does pretty much +65k armor, if you actually havent neglected ur stats and maxed your base stats from tomes, then actually even a pr can tank everything except pure with just that added stat bonus, also, as soon as a pr gets the +5 wings maybe a couple other leg items +azazoth pr can tank everything in game, or at least not die from for how fast it kills pretty much any boss, i know this for i do have a pr with gear capable of tanking to the extent of killing before i take like any dmg. Yes azazoth for pr is hard to kill, but get a couple people who know what they're doing, and you can get it ez enough. Also keep into mind that all the new chars, pr, ele, priest, tank all have extra dmg take from something, tank takes extra dmg from spells, but untill azazoth spells were pretty much worthless to dmg any character. the other 3 chars all take 100% more dmg or more, which of course will make it harder to tank with them, but i deffinately know my ele with +2m stats including stat distributes on tanks litterally everything except azazoth spells (which is sorta ez to prevent) and to the other chars with the extra dmg taking effects, its extremely ez to get them able to tank with +agi items isntead of +def items. btw the +65k armor with +1m stats was 1 def per 15 points, but im pretty sure its rated at 5/10 points, havent played cot now in a couple weeks so have forgotten a lil bit haha.
I can prove my point quite easily if you want with either recordings of chars tanking with just +stat and dps gear if you want. but im pretty sure it's really unneccesary, pretty much 150k defence on any char gives them ability to tank all but azazoth, even 100k or lower really is suitable, especially for the big dps char, pheonix ranger since it kills quicker than any char. anyhow im pretty sure if my ele can tank extremely ez on any monster in cot2 chaos, im pretty darn sure pr can do the exact same having extremely better dps than ele on a physical atack basis.

KySotoDate: Monday, 2009-11-23, 1:35:42 AM | Message # 109
Sub mod.
its actually 3 agi per 1 armor point.
Editted by bud: so it's 333k armor, roughly.

Message edited by bud-bus- - Monday, 2009-11-23, 2:28:19 PM

darkchaosDate: Tuesday, 2009-11-24, 10:33:59 PM | Message # 110
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
agility might be worth nerfing the +defence (forcing dps to look for different means of defence/dps/life etc
Thats a great idea, never thought of it. However, now one problem arises --- what is agility now for if it doesn't add armor? Attack speed is already maxed out very early in the game, so agility will basicly count for nothing, so then what is the point in having it? Maybe for chars that do agility based damage? But thats about all i can think of.
make more stuff like azazoth/+5 wings that people would like using, versatility is best if theres enough good items to force people to make decisions based on their character they chose to play
Well there will be versatility, because the class items arn't limited to one class. For example, a warrior might want to use some daggers for extra damage. This item will have less potent affect on the tank, then say it was equiped on a agility-based hero, however he is still able to use this item. This is also true for casters using armor items for that extra defence needed to survive those hits and cast that last spell, so there will be versatility. But I still will add more items for all classes, such as rings, that can be used by all classes to the same effect; they will just be more rare.
class specific/the more original(str/int/agi specified items) both will create people to go for the best of those specific items, it's not going to change the idea of having the same stuff on every character.
Read post above, that tanking caster is giong to pwn!

bud-bus-Date: Tuesday, 2009-11-24, 11:04:14 PM | Message # 111
Lead Moderator
Group: Moderator
Quote (darkchaos)
what is agility now for if it doesn't add armor?

Make it 10agi = 1 armor. That will nerf it perfectly imo.

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

GimpDate: Wednesday, 2009-11-25, 4:23:30 PM | Message # 112
Stage 1
Quote (darkchaos)
Thats a great idea, never thought of it. However, now one problem arises --- what is agility now for if it doesn't add armor?

well, you did say yourself that your planning on making more stat multiplier skills, you could actually use agi as a multiplier, aka for assassin, since they should be more or less sneak atack style dps, when they are invis, their first atack could have a multiplier based on agi for dmg done etc, or even a multiplier that increases actual crits multiplier for having more agi. I'm giving assassin as an example because really right now, even it's crit is useless with the legend ace out in the game haha.

Quote (darkchaos)
Well there will be versatility, because the class items arn't limited to one class. For example, a warrior might want to use some daggers for extra damage. This item will have less potent affect on the tank, then say it was equiped on a agility-based hero,

these daggers etc, are they going to be chaotic boss drops from the bosses already done? I'm not sure about you, but I think there's a few here who are already seeing this as causing a huge anoyance for getting leg items as it is, heck just with having chance for legion armor/weapon from legion adds a huge change in chance for a leg legion sword. I myself have had legion spawning as name Legion VIIII before leaving a game, thats a full 24 hour period of killing legion, and thats not the only game i've done this in. Sometimes i've had 40+ legion items on ground, half are armor half are swords, and not even a rare. if these items end up being some of the drops old chaotic bosses drop, finding the things you want is going to be getting even more anoying and huge amounts more time consuming. Could be good if you only want people to be playing 1 char their entire time playing CoT PoM FoC but alot of people including myself wont want to spend over double the time finding items, knowing that you'll have to do the exact same farming as on the char previous.
Quote (darkchaos)
Read post above, that tanking caster is giong to pwn!

are you refering to my remark about my ele tanking? or kysoto's reference stating thats its 3agi/1defence? either way, is your plan really to make a mage who you set to take 100% more dmg in the idea to force it not to tank, be able to tank and still overall has the best per second dps on almost any boss. with banish, i 1 hit sins, 1 hit thanatos, take 50% life off pure existance, and still does more dmg/second than any pr can on azazoth because of spell dmg haha. and the healer, who in my opinion should be one of those either farcaster healers since all its spells are heals, runs into a situation where it will die first even with its heals because it cant tank at all compared to the others. early levels it's good, later levels it just seems a bit useless biggrin

theres a few more things from reading what you said biggrin

comando123Date: Wednesday, 2010-01-06, 2:12:29 AM | Message # 113
Stage 1
not trying to change your mind dark chaos but with the way you have heroes being made (caster, tank, dps etc) you owuld just need to make certain items more geared toward one thing for example right now:
PR: player just wants to get the best damage weapons possible/anything that gives absurd amounts of stats that increases its damage
Ele:a smart player would gear all his items towards stats as the more stats you have the more damage you do etc
RG: basically this player (the tank) would gear all his items toward defense for the most part to make the most of its abilities.

basically what im saying is that if all heroes are outfitted that way you can keep the original idea of the item system but you still have established classes without alot of work put into a new item system.

less work same procedure a bit of tinkering and then you get more time for newer content

meOmeDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-23, 2:15:26 PM | Message # 114
Stage 3
You could also do something like this:

-----
Ring of Adaption
Increases the hero's main attribute by 1200000 and his other attributes by 200000.
-----

--> One item that's useful for everyone, but has different benefits for different classes.

(should I have posted this in the Suggestions forum? ^^)

CraftyWeaselDate: Tuesday, 2010-03-23, 3:58:52 PM | Message # 115
Stage 2
i think a good idea would be to make agility add like .0001 evasion, instead of armor, and also make it not give attack speed

that way it still adds survivability like it used to, and now agi heroes actually have to get items that give attack speed instead of just getting it maxed out by lvl 10 in a game with 999 lvl limit

EDIT:
this totally goes in the suggestions forum considering it has nothing to do with class specific items, my bad... i just got the idea reading the other posts in this topic and typed this up... sorry =/

1 Iron Buckler: 60% to block 20 damage ; 0.6 x 20 = 12 average

2 Iron Bucklers: 1 - (1-0.6)(1-0.6) = 1 - (0.4)(0.4) = 1 - 0.16 = 0.84 = 84% to block 20 damage; 0.84 x 20 = 16.8 average

Message edited by CraftyWeasel - Tuesday, 2010-03-23, 4:00:11 PM

darkchaosDate: Thursday, 2010-07-29, 3:10:59 AM | Message # 116
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
Locked, new versions out.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » Idea: Class Specific Items
  • Page 8 of 8
  • «
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024