Monday, 2024-04-29, 8:37:35 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » Idea: Class Specific Items
Idea: Class Specific Items
WhimsicalyukiDate: Tuesday, 2009-10-20, 10:27:43 AM | Message # 76
Stage 5
Group: Users
Rather than class specific items, why not make sets become class specific?(not sure if it has been mentioned before except for Ceshun's post seems to be saying the similar thing, anyways i don't really have the attention span to read all 6 pages of the thread), but like 3 different sets of like demons or horror and whatnot and make the things that they require in the sets to be different(ex. Demon's helm, dark statue, demon's sword, & shield to make tank set, Demonic banner, Demon's hide, Demon's Dagger/arrow, & Demonic Speed for agi dmg dealers, Warlock's rod, Dark Essense, Demonic Contract, Warlock's robe for mage set) but make it so that everyone can use the materials used to make the set, just not the set itself??

Edit: as for 3rd world, make a sequel type of map? like what waugriff did with cot 1 then cot 2 plains of medea?

what would happen if Yuki was a vampire

Message edited by Whimsicalyuki - Tuesday, 2009-10-20, 10:39:51 AM

KySotoDate: Tuesday, 2009-10-20, 12:55:35 PM | Message # 77
Sub mod.
still wouldnt work... well for the 3rd world. because as he said its limits of the game engine that prevent the 3rd world. even on a different map.

darkchaosDate: Tuesday, 2009-10-20, 3:03:14 PM | Message # 78
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
Alright guys, lets stop being off topic. As stated before, I will NOT add a third world.

WhimsicalyukiDate: Tuesday, 2009-10-20, 8:42:06 PM | Message # 79
Stage 5
well i say only make class specific items for like... chaotic bosses or sets, not set pieces or items that drop from random monsters, because having to worry about class specific items with bind system would be kind of hectic with all the ninja looters(i think that's what they're called?)

what would happen if Yuki was a vampire

ShadowFrenchDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-21, 11:21:02 PM | Message # 80
Stage 1
Lol Chaos, maybe the Chaotic God's Name shouldnt be "Chaotic God" instead God Of Chaos and have Darkness as his sub name
im only on page 2(continues reading)

Chaos, the third world issue, it could be resolved by having the same code when you finish this version FoC of COT 2 into a COT 3 by starting it off with the chaos world then creating a third world it would be hard and alot of work but we will all be thankful smile plus thats a long ways away for now so you wouldnt have to worry about that yet instead i say work out the bugs first then add in new changes and if any bugs appear then fix them and so on until your map is Nearly perfected.

The item class thing sounds more like a copy of other RPGs I've played throughout the years but the more you add the more lag everyone will get dont forget about that, the game usually kicks you off bnet to begin with, wich causes less lag; but still you need to make sure that the map is playable by moderate computers and up cause if not; not everyone will be able to play your creation and the game will be lost in time like DragonHunting(the original with Divine Dragon in a barren wasteland scenario, which ive been looking for, for the past few months)

Edit1: Chaos, im just saying that if you complete the game and your up to it, you could start a cot3 with chaos world and add a third world if wanted

Message edited by ShadowFrench - Thursday, 2009-10-22, 1:57:27 PM

n00bz4rusDate: Thursday, 2009-10-22, 7:12:42 AM | Message # 81
Stage 2
Off topic : are u the real shadowfrench or just some fake spoofer?

Stil off topic : he already say he wont add 3rd world.

On topic : yes i kinda agree with u..don copy peoples idea..invent 1..don make it class specific but maybe make it more unique..well i got no idea on that..if i would i already made a map on it..

I'm just your normal weirdo next door.

"There are times when not giving are better than giving"
-???

ShadowFrenchDate: Thursday, 2009-10-22, 1:55:43 PM | Message # 82
Stage 1
Quote (n00bz4rus)
Off topic : are u the real shadowfrench or just some fake spoofer?

I said b4 in my first entry, that i wont answer because it does not madder

darkchaosDate: Thursday, 2009-10-22, 3:09:02 PM | Message # 83
Mapmaker
Well if you can give me something more orgiinal than class specfic items? Cause i can't really think of anything else. and god dammit stop asking about a third world i won't make one -.-
By the time this game is completely finished and at the final ver sc2 will be released in like 2months or so and thats were i'll go to mod :3

ShadowFrenchDate: Thursday, 2009-10-22, 3:31:15 PM | Message # 84
Stage 1
Chaos it doesnt mean that you have to make a third world but you should have a successor to be able to make a third if your going to SC2 because im not going to it
im not sure but something along the line of having items like Int Class only or Agi class only or Str class only

God_Of_DeathDate: Thursday, 2009-10-22, 3:38:51 PM | Message # 85
Stage 7
Group: Moderator
Maybe after your done the mod you could try making your own game so it is completely unique like people keep asking.

PieratDate: Friday, 2009-10-23, 12:08:11 PM | Message # 86
Stage 1
Anyway this threads goin down the toilet, but I still think that class specific items are unnecessary. as long as the EFFECTS are targeted towards those classes that you want to use them, they will naturally become class specific. such as an item that gives 10000 int and 400% mana regeneration isnt going to be the first choice for a tank.

For those saying that dark's version will destroy waugriff's, i think thats been done already lol, its already transfering to a party type game not to mention chaos world. but that is ok, because it's darkchaos's map now, waugriff quit this game YEARS ago. There are already many versions that kept to the cot tradition just fixing bugs and adding stat based spells, if you want that check out mystic_prophet's version. let dark do his own rendition on this and make it unique.

ShadowFrenchDate: Friday, 2009-10-23, 8:13:18 PM | Message # 87
Stage 1
Quote (God_Of_Death)
Maybe after your done the mod you could try making your own game so it is completely unique like people keep asking.

my life is too damn busy, if i had enough time i would create my own game

darkchaosDate: Friday, 2009-10-30, 10:25:00 PM | Message # 88
Mapmaker
Hmm... how about items that are usable by everyone, but give greater stats if geared towards a class more suited for it? That would also be rather unique wouldn't it?

Say for example, you have a Staff of Existence
Picking it up gives the following bonus's to the following classes:

Caster Class - 9000% mana regen, 400,000 int, 2 mil mana
Agi Class - 5000% mana regen, 290,000 int, 1.4 mil mana
Tank Class - 3300% mana regen, 180,000 int, 0.8 mil mana

Another example, Thanatos Plate:

Caster Class - 40,000 armor
Agi Class - 65,000 armor
Tank Class - 98,000 armor

Final Example:

Abyssal Daggers:

Caster Class - 50,000 agi, 300,000 dmg
Tank Class - 30,000 agi, 200,000 dmg
Agi Class - 140,000 agi, 1,100,000 dmg

bud-bus-Date: Friday, 2009-10-30, 11:03:51 PM | Message # 89
Lead Moderator
Group: Moderator
Quote (darkchaos)
Hmm... how about items that are usable by everyone, but give greater stats if geared towards a class more suited for it? That would also be rather unique wouldn't it?

That's a good idea..except that once you reach a certain point in the game, the only things that matter are dmg, crits, having enough +all stats (for hp and armor) and movement speed or a blink..which is why instead of class specific items, just give items abilities: blink -- could just be a jump or flying.. If all the chars had the savior's blink (or some form of moving through the map faster), i would try them out, but not being able to move that fast in such a big map is boring..

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

darkchaosDate: Saturday, 2009-10-31, 9:13:15 PM | Message # 90
Mapmaker
So... anyone else got somethin to say about this new idea? :S

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » Idea: Class Specific Items
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024