Saturday, 2024-05-18, 12:43:49 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Chaotic ShopKeeper?? (it just came to mind you guys think...)
Chaotic ShopKeeper??
GhostWolf223Date: Monday, 2010-11-08, 1:37:25 PM | Message # 76
Stage 9
Group: Users
ok what about i keep the critical % but lower it by 1 zero and make it 1500x? would that work?

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

Sandman366Date: Monday, 2010-11-08, 4:24:34 PM | Message # 77
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
You're getting absurd, try more like 25x or 50x, with varying %s depending on PFs, having a high % for heavy, medium % for staff/short sword, and a low % for bow/dagger.

Try not to get near the 100x+ range, it's just stupid. I mean, even at 150x, that means if you had say 20m damage (which isn't exactly that hard for a PR) then with that 150x crit you just hit 3b. That's just, beyond rigged, and beyond unbalanced. With a 1500x, you're talking a 30 BILLION damage hit. One in one million attacks or not, I can't stress how stupid, unbalanced, and rigged that would be.

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

GhostWolf223Date: Tuesday, 2010-11-09, 5:35:50 AM | Message # 78
Stage 9
GRAHHH!!! but mostlikly ull waste it on sum really low lvl like a wolf or something then u have to wait again its very unlikly to hit anyone like a boss

its just there just to give some noob hope they will get it llol

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

WhimsicalyukiDate: Sunday, 2010-11-14, 8:48:51 PM | Message # 79
Stage 5
how about... Chaotic Ores, 2 plats and 2 arcadite lumbers each, and item boxes(ex. Demonic Box - 90% chance to drop a random demon item at your feet, 500k gold and lumber, higher cost for higher tiers, upto hell), 100 sacrificial lambs - adds 100 kills to blood sword quest 1pc & arcadite lumber, item converter - 10 pc 10 arcadite lumber(converts any 1 non-boss item to your class item: armor changes to armor counter part, weapon changes to weapon counter part), Boss Item Converter - 100 pc and arcadite lumber (same but for boss items, doesn't work for rare and legendaries)
and well rare and legendary boss item converter x3 tongue

what would happen if Yuki was a vampire

Sandman366Date: Monday, 2010-11-15, 1:35:47 PM | Message # 80
Stage 9
Quote (Whimsicalyuki)
how about... Chaotic Ores, 2 plats and 2 arcadite lumbers each, and item boxes(ex. Demonic Box - 90% chance to drop a random demon item at your feet, 500k gold and lumber, higher cost for higher tiers, upto hell), 100 sacrificial lambs - adds 100 kills to blood sword quest 1pc & arcadite lumber, item converter - 10 pc 10 arcadite lumber(converts any 1 non-boss item to your class item: armor changes to armor counter part, weapon changes to weapon counter part), Boss Item Converter - 100 pc and arcadite lumber (same but for boss items, doesn't work for rare and legendaries)
and well rare and legendary boss item converter x3

All for these ideas here. (Chaotic Ores though have a selling price, 4x that is "shop price"...so that'd need some changing. Also would have like, 1 stock, like an hour cooldown or something.)

I got an idea....and this just might seem stupid obvious but....
Why not start off with chaotic versions of the Normal World Evil Shop Keeper?

(Idea for a quest on starting out the chaotic one, use the Evil Shopkeeper's Brother near the Paladin, must do the Omega P's Pick quest to keep him till Chaotic World, then do quests for him to unlock more shop items. A secondary optional load code could keep track of the quests you've done for him, and progress on them and such. -shopsave and -shopload, anyone? Plus, if you're doing multiple codes anyway, you could then add on one for backpack items, so that it saves too without making normal save code too complex/long. Ahh well...I digress...but if someone wants to take that idea to another thread, just reference me at least :P)

Malevolent criminal I,

RaNDoMKiLLaDate: Sunday, 2011-01-30, 5:51:39 PM | Message # 81
Stage 3
Name: Psychotic Mercenary
lvl: 600
Cost: 200 Plat
Description: A Psychotic Mercenerary whos identity is lost, however, when called upon he can shapeshift into the form of his payer.
Type: all
Effects: Make an un-clickable Avatar of Vengeance ALWAYS follow the hero(like backpack does).-10 gold(or some amount of gold) every second the hero holds this item
Ability: Mirror Image: Deals 75% damage and takes 125% of damage

And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend; legend became myth.

Practice makes Perfect but Obsession is better.

Sandman366Date: Monday, 2011-01-31, 1:35:14 PM | Message # 82
Stage 9
Quote (RaNDoMKiLLa)
Effects: Make an un-clickable Avatar of Vengeance ALWAYS follow the hero(like backpack does).-10 gold(or some amount of gold) every second the hero holds this item
Ability: Mirror Image: Deals 75% damage and takes 125% of damage

Uhh....may I ask how you plan on making it unable to be selected yet can take damage? The only thing I can think of would be a doodad (or something), but unless you're making moving attacking trees that take your image and take damage I don't understand how you plan to do this.

Malevolent criminal I,

God_Of_DeathDate: Monday, 2011-01-31, 4:11:35 PM | Message # 83
Stage 7
You could just make a trigger that clicks off it the second you click on it. Akin to the shared players system but faster. Although those stats on it are stupidly high. Maybe 25% 300%

Sandman366Date: Monday, 2011-01-31, 8:14:59 PM | Message # 84
Stage 9
25% means it might null their regen, and 300% it'd never survive. And a trigger to deselect hardly seems worth it. (I have seen a skill once where it had unselectable mirror images, but they were invul...) And if you want all that, just get the silly divide and conquer. Isn't it around the same %s as you're suggesting anyway, Death?

Name: Vengeful Spirit
Level Req: 875
Saves?: Yes
Type: All
Cost: 250 plats, 100 arcs
Effect: On death, 25% chance for the Vengeful Spirit to be spawned where you died. VSpirit has 5x your stats (has effect of 5x base stats and "holds" 5 of whatever items you have), and has skills of 20% evade, 15% 5x crit, and Faery Fire (20% of their armor). Lasts 60 seconds, cannot spawn in colo or from -suicide, cannot spawn when fighting Azazoth, cannot spawn in Normal World, cannot spawn from another player killing you (PvP colo has 12.5% chance to spawn), has a 10m CD, has a set 300 MS (unless Sunny or Divine Grace, then is better), has whatever attack speed the old heroes have as their max (unless Sunny or Divine Grace, cannot attack faster than PR). 1% chance on death of Vengeful Spirit to revive you at 3/4 health and 1/2 mana.
Desc: The countless souls that perished refuse to let that which slayed you survive so simply, and try to break into the world when you die. When they are successful, a corporeal form is given to them in your form that shall avenge you.

The stats are easily up for debate, wanted it to be possible for the thing to survive, but I bet could be hard to trigger (esp if you have to do every single item combo =O). Just wanted a little "Revenge" item idea thrown out there.

Malevolent criminal I,

ExaladosDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-01, 11:48:59 PM | Message # 85
Stage 1
Name: Weather Spirit's Orb
Level Requirement: around 400-500, don't make too high
Saves: yes
type: all
Cost: 20 plats, 15 arcs
effect: can change the weather randomly (have 60-120 sec cooldown). also can reduce the effect of negative weather by 30% and increase the effect of positive weather by 30%
Desc: this is the orb that are stolen by evil shopkeeper from the weather spirit it self. with this you can actually make the weather become your buddy

Name: The Black Moon
type: all
Level requirement: 600-700
Saves: yes
Cost: 70 plats, 50 arcs
effect: when night come, you feel the powerfull energy comes within it. give you max atk speed and max movespeed (even when chaotic hurricane come). give you 500% lifesteal. also give you permanent invisibility (for Sin too) when not attacking. but when the sunrise come, all of this power will disappear.
desc: the evil shopkeeper never talk about this item, dunno what.
note: this item can only purchase when night

there is many thing in this world that you will never understand even with all of your knowledge that you learn in over thousand years

except....

if you die

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2011-03-02, 1:27:53 PM | Message # 86
Stage 9
Love the first one. Not much to say about it other than I just wish it had some other function, maybe some +stats, so it doesn't feel somewhat like a slot waste. And even without the weather nulling/bonus, I'd love it...even though it'd be a pain to get whatever I had in that slot back and it'd be expensive to buy every game.

As for the second one, I find it a but unrealistic, especially when Death looks at it. He'll say it's the most rigged thing ever, and I must admit, it seems a bit overpowered. Perhaps something just to teleport you to town when Sins are out. And for only at night, would be a little annoying for them to trigger a shop item to only be available at night, both ways. (Either only have it show up at night, or only let it have stock at night.)

Malevolent criminal I,

God_Of_DeathDate: Wednesday, 2011-03-02, 3:27:17 PM | Message # 87
Stage 7
The first one would be nice with higher effects but without the changing weather thing. It would cause a lot of jerks joining games and just changing it to hurricane all the time.

The second item would only be useful against bosses at night since sins would get you otherwise. But it is overpowered as sand said.

ExaladosDate: Thursday, 2011-03-03, 4:36:23 AM | Message # 88
Stage 1
Quote (Sandman366)
Love the first one. Not much to say about it other than I just wish it had some other function, maybe some +stats, so it doesn't feel somewhat like a slot waste. And even without the weather nulling/bonus, I'd love it...even though it'd be a pain to get whatever I had in that slot back and it'd be expensive to buy every game.

thank sand happy so with its price, i think i will give it: +25.000 to main attribute and +20.000 to other stat, also give +350 movespeed. i think that enough.

Quote (God_Of_Death)
The first one would be nice with higher effects but without the changing weather thing. It would cause a lot of jerks joining games and just changing it to hurricane all the time.

it's not changing to ONLY hurricane anyway, it's RANDOMLY change. but it seem too annoying especially when there is 8 player that have this item. anyway, can u make this item shared its cooldown to all player? if no than change the cooldown become 200 or higher, but its not fun anyway if you only play with three or less people

Quote (Sandman366)
As for the second one, I find it a but unrealistic, especially when Death looks at it. He'll say it's the most rigged thing ever, and I must admit, it seems a bit overpowered. Perhaps something just to teleport you to town when Sins are out. And for only at night, would be a little annoying for them to trigger a shop item to only be available at night, both ways. (Either only have it show up at night, or only let it have stock at night.)

ok than i think this item will appear anytime, that ok. is the max atkspeed and movespeed is overpowered? or invisible for sins? or 500% lifesteal?

Quote (God_Of_Death)
The second item would only be useful against bosses at night since sins would get you otherwise. But it is overpowered as sand said

no Death, its not only useful against bosses BUT also useful when u COLO. and i think there is a night without sins anyway

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------
oh i forgot, there is another idea :

Name: Hell's Smoke Shield
Type: all
Save: yes
Lvl Req: 675
Cost: 60 plat, 30 arcs
effect: gives +50.000 armor, 35.000 all stats, 20% evasion, and have ability to cast "Chaotic Smoke" (like smoke screen ability in rikimaru at DoTA) at targeted 1000 AOE. all enemy inside this smoke will unavailable to cast spell, 50% miss, and slow movespeed and attackspeed by 30%. last for 10 sec. have 75 sec cooldown
desc: this shield is forged from all smoke in hell by Satan it self. but too bad.... evil shopkeeper cheat him and stolen this shield from him....

there is many thing in this world that you will never understand even with all of your knowledge that you learn in over thousand years

except....

if you die

Message edited by Exalados - Thursday, 2011-03-03, 5:07:28 AM

Sandman366Date: Thursday, 2011-03-03, 2:23:45 PM | Message # 89
Stage 9
Setting an extra 5k to main attrib would be a little much, because then they've gotta trigger it so it auto-swaps depending on what character you have. Plus that seems a little low still, maybe raise price and make like 100k stats or something.
Death, seriously? You ask to remove the thing's ability to change the weather, and that's ALL IT IS!!! Nevermind...go buy your 20 plat 15 arc item that does nothing...whatever...
As for shared CD between players, set the item's CD to about 5-10 seconds or something, and then have the item only check a trigger which says how much longer is left on the CD (if you just "cast" the spell, it notes that too.) Otherwise you can't share CDs on items between players.

The second one after some thought would be silly to be only at night. Because if you give it 0 stock during the day I think you'd have to make 2 items for it, and for them to swap during day/night.
And yes, it would probably be more useful on bosses, but I think Sins go near all but 3 bosses (I'll list Thana because they're rare, but they can show up; I doubt they get into Azazoth's room, and I've not seen a Sin near Forgotten [put a spy in there, if a Sin comes near, it'd kill it]). So you usually still have risk of Sins. And the effect should only be on nights with Sins, it'd be a little too strong for far too long on a Sinless night. Also, for Sins not to see you, I doubt that's possible. They have Truesight to see invisible units, so it'd be hard to find a way to not be able to target heroes, which seems like too much work anyway. And another thought, 500% lifesteal isn't exactly useful. Spellcasters either heal themselves and/or don't usually use normal attack, and tanks shouldn't need it. Plus after reduction that's not much HP usually.

As for Hell's Smoke Shield, I think it'd be better just to have high evasion with maybe a smoke cloud or something which'd be like a "Curse Aura". I'll warn you before Valk comes around, he seems allergic to other map references, which I find shameful since you can't reference other things in other maps to suggest similar things in CoT, but seems to hate other maps being talked about here like a lvl 1 would find a Sin that had 2k range rigged. (Or possibly anyone finding a Sin dealing spell damage instead of phys damage, because that WOULD be rigged, unless you had stupid high magic resistance or spell immunity.)

Malevolent criminal I,

DraculaDate: Sunday, 2011-03-06, 12:19:00 PM | Message # 90
Stage 2

Uh...dude...this is a map where the players can unconditionally kill each other and erase players' hard work, which is many times worse than hurricane spam. I vaguely recall you taking your position on this issue a long time ago...

As for 500% lifesteal being/not being rigged, let's crunch some numbers. A DPS class would probably be using this (no real point for a spellcaster, unless the lifesteal is trigger based). Let's just say the DPS character in question does one million damage per hit, although later on they tend to do many more.

Chaotic armor reduces damage taken from physical attacks (hero damage) to 3%.
3% of 1,000,000 is 30,000.
Of course, there's also reduction based on armor amount. We'll assume 50%.
So the hero in question would drain about 15,000 life per hit.
But that's assuming that the hero in question left home without their trusty Legendary Satan's Ace, something no decently lucky person would do without.
51% chance to do 25x damage. So, every other hit, the hero drains 375,000 damage.

That seems pretty major. While it might not necessarily allow a PR or MR to go Rambo on Azza (assuming you aren't using a certain glitched item to make yourself completely immortal), it increases survivability substantially. And all of this assuming the character in question only does 1 million damage.

Someone that deals 5 million damage (closer to endgame), on the other hand, would gain 1,875,000 life back on every critical hit. The lifesteal (might) be workable, but it would have to be nerfed substantially.

As for Smoke Shield...that just seems like yet another item that extends the dominance of DPS and spellcasters in this game, negating the need for tanks or healers even further.

What would be interesting to see is a tank item that actually allows for some sort of offense, but in an elegant and fair way. Lexium Crystal accomplished this in a very limited way, granted, but not nearly as effectively as Azza's staff did for HP/other support casters.

Yours truly,
Count Vlad Tepes Dracula III
(But you can just call me Drac.)

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Chaotic ShopKeeper?? (it just came to mind you guys think...)
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024