Sunday, 2024-04-28, 6:58:17 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Updating Cot (Finnaly, woot!) (From July ?? - August ??, 2011)
Updating Cot (Finnaly, woot!)
darkchaosDate: Saturday, 2011-05-07, 9:55:38 PM | Message # 31
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer

AldarianDate: Sunday, 2011-05-08, 4:07:47 AM | Message # 32
Stage 1
Group: Users
its to prevent a 6 level 800 players joining, then having a level 1 player join and p lvl to lvl 600

Cheers!!! This is one thing I hate on the map atm, as you get these people who barely know what they are doing that are running around with struggle rings and ask if I can boost them in lvls, because they did not play the map from the start on their own they know nothing about the map even though they are lvl 300+, since they got boosted in struggle from 1-300.

Sandman366Date: Sunday, 2011-05-08, 7:29:27 AM | Message # 33
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
Quote (GhostWolf223)
yea but aint most of it taken up by
pally/colo/infin/aza...etc lol

that is unless you rearange some things

You clearly never tried to get into the AI slots, you can see full map there. He's got TONS of room!

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

GhostWolf223Date: Sunday, 2011-05-08, 8:48:49 AM | Message # 34
Stage 9
ive been orcs b4 lol

but i thought the map was on bottom left and the rest of the black was on top and right D:

bad memory i guess :*(

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

darkchaosDate: Sunday, 2011-05-08, 12:44:24 PM | Message # 35
Mapmaker
i thought i made it so u got kicked if ur an ai slot >.> anoter bug found

darkchaosDate: Sunday, 2011-05-08, 12:46:41 PM | Message # 36
Mapmaker
Added stuff.

Sandman366Date: Sunday, 2011-05-08, 1:23:17 PM | Message # 37
Stage 9
Nono I meant back in 1.19 when I looked at through those. Haven't tried since, but I will soon if you want.

Malevolent criminal I,

DraculaDate: Sunday, 2011-05-08, 1:45:42 PM | Message # 38
Stage 2
A wild Dracula has appeared to comment!

-Infinite struggle is extended. New monsters, not just the same creeps from the Colosseum (sure you guys have noticed :P). Makes it more interesting.
Infinite struggle is now 100 waves. Brings back the true concept of infinity, also mentally prepare you for Infinity tower, which is 100 levels to get to the top (Release Date: TBA 2013)

I like this, just as long as the future waves don't get as dragged out as some of the current endgame ones. I'm assuming Infinity's Tower is going to be one or two rooms (using 100 actual different rooms on the map would take way too much space) in a slightly modified Colo format. Are there going to be midbosses, and so, how frequently? I had a few ideas if you're interested...

Infinite struggle is now divided into two parts. There's part A, and part B.

Part A is just the infinite sturggle you know now. However, its extended, and it will go through normal world creeps to chaos world creeps, with some crazy boss at the end. Its 100 waves. You can build towers, and your heroes gain experience equal to 30% of your normal world xp. Upon completion, you get 1/2 Destiny Ring (Name to be decided).
Part B will be the same infinite struggle. 100 waves, extended. However, your heroes cannot participate. You have only your workers. You can build towers, towers go up to level 100. Killing monsters does not give xp, but rather gold.
Winning part B results in 2/2 Destiny ring.
The two parts do gnot go one after another. They are two minigames, and can both take place simutaneously.
At the set master, you can forge the 1/2 and 2/2 Destiny ring into Destiny Ring(Pretty good!)

There are several things I dislike about this part of the announcement:
-XP Rate: The same argument that you yourself applied to why people should play CoT even with an impending code wipe applies against you here. Why should people grind for hours and hours when it's absolutely no fun? What if they have a heart attack a few seconds after they turn 999? Let's face it, once you defeat the Goddesses, the goal of the game more or less becomes to simply reach 999. You'll be swapping out items so much in between then, save for a select few, that you have very few solid goals besides that. Between the facts that higher levels take more XP to obtain (and the XP rate goes down as you level), the end result is that you're going to spend a huge portion of the game grinding. While the inflated XP rate of the Struggle sure does make powerleveling easier, keep in mind that it also makes leveling in general less tedious than it already is, which I think is a good thing. I'd suggest looking for an elegent way to solve the former problem without affecting the latter observation - at least, until "grinding" in CoT becomes fun and more efficient than it is now.
-Part B: If the current tower costs are any indication, you'd only have a chance of even doing remotely well on this part with a lot of plats - basically, well after you're into the Chaotic World. Gold-based challenges are directly discriminatory against tank classes like the Royal Guard which take an hour and a half to kill one monster, whereas a Phoenix Ranger or Master Rogue can mow down groups in seconds for 200k gold per run. Once you actually have enough gold to pull it off, it seems like there'd really be no skill requirement, so the 100 rounds would merely be a formality. Quite simply, this just really seems like a gimmick that looks cool on paper but won't really do great in implementation, unless I'm vastly misunderstanding a detail.

I do like the idea of forging the complete item from two halves, though, long as the item's actually worth the effort/tediosity.

Added (2011-05-08, 1:45:42 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Note: This is to be considered part of the above post. The only reason it is not is because UCOZ's character limit dislikes me.
And with that...

-New area, with new monsters, new items, and new boss. New boss items. New boss will be Chaotic God - approx. 3 people to kill.

God? Singular? I figured you'd pull off an interesting mirror of the normal world and use three godly figures for a boss fight. I suppose this works too, though. Guess I wouldn't really be qualified to comment until I saw the new area itself (or the stats of the monsters/items in it.)

-Level cap increased. Max is now 1300.

And with this, I have to ask a few questions:
I recall you saying something about Sins being defeatable once you added the Chaotic God. Has this changed? For that matter, will there be any reward for killing them, or just Sin Items?
Is leveling going to be more interesting (or at least, faster)? Save for farming bosses for their items, most of the Chaotic Realm is simply a grindfest leading up to the Aza fight. I'm hoping the Chaotic God's area will either have drastically better XP compared to the rest of the Chaotic World, or at least something to make grinding in it fun/productive.

-6 Minigames, item from all minigames -> forge into set [going to think about some moar]

I like this idea, but if the IS is any indication of how tedious minigames will be, the set reward should have a pretty dramatic effect. Perhaps it increases all experience gained five-fold or something?

Yours truly,
Count Vlad Tepes Dracula III
(But you can just call me Drac.)

darkchaosDate: Sunday, 2011-05-08, 2:43:26 PM | Message # 39
Mapmaker
Infinite struggle will be the hardest minigame to complete. Dont worry about finitys tower, thats still far away. Im trying to think of ways to make the game more than grinding, suggestions open. The thing i really hate about struggle right now is that it allows p lvling of noobs, and gives better xp than colo on hardest diffuculty.(Normal world)

You say theyre discrimatory against tanks, but they can still get demon nation and get reources.

Regarding sin, i forgot about them to be honest. From sin you get sin items, and killing xx sin makes pandemonium appear, which takes 5 ppl to kill. (First legendary boss)(release TBA 2012-13)

darkchaosDate: Sunday, 2011-05-08, 2:45:38 PM | Message # 40
Mapmaker
Updated

Sandman366Date: Sunday, 2011-05-08, 5:46:28 PM | Message # 41
Stage 9
First, can there be any way to influence when Sins appear? Then when you're ready you can kill them, and when you're not, they won't make the game like Alan Wake during the night. (Sins are Taken!!! AAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! You need to add a flare gun. PLEASE. With a crate of ammo. And flashbangs. And flares. And maybe a shotgun. Please!)

For the Infinite Tower, 4 rooms. All 4 have stairs on a side. Let's say it's the top side. Basically, you come in from Top-Left corner, empty the room of stuff, and go up the Top Right corner. These stairs lead up to the next floor. This room has stairs coming from the lower floor in the top-Left, and when you clear the room, you can go up to the Top Right stairs. Top floor has stairs in Top Left, but non it Top Right.
Basically: Okay, basically, you've got one room, and it's part of a pattern. You could duplicate it and stack it and you'd have an infinite tower, with no ground or top floors. Top floor has no stars going up, and bottom floor has a door instead of stairs.
Room 1: Ground floor (Floor 1), door and stairs going up.
Room 2: All of the even floors except for 100. When everyone is out of room 1, the door opens to let them empty the room. When it's empty, the top-right door opens for them to go up the stairs.
Room 3: Similar to Room 2, but all of the odds except for Ground Floor. When everyone is in it's "waiting room" (top of stairs leading from Room 2) door opens and they can get in to clear it.
Room 4: Floor 100, the top floor. Only has stairs coming up to it, no stairs leading up.

Or you could just make it 1 room. It's kinda easy actually. Ignore the fact there's supposed to be a door in, and give players an elevator. They come in, clear the room, get in the "elevator". New creeps spawn, doors open, stuff gets killed.
But you'll have to invul everything before the doors open, for 2 related reasons. First, creeps might attack players in there. Second, players might attack creeps. (Just visioning past the door would let it happen). So you'll have to have a trigger for everything to invul during spawning/"going up a floor", and vul it all when they're "at the next floor".

PS: About sets, you missed a few sets. Like I think Battlemage doesn't have a set, but I don't remember who all doesn't have sets. I'd have to record every combination so far and check it against current sets. And anyway, you're not going to just name 3 of them? What happened to Mystic?

Malevolent criminal I,

darkchaosDate: Sunday, 2011-05-08, 5:56:20 PM | Message # 42
Mapmaker
And anyway, you're not going to just name 3 of them? What happened to Mystic?

What?

Let me think on the infinite tower idea.

darkchaosDate: Sunday, 2011-05-08, 6:39:50 PM | Message # 43
Mapmaker
This was my intitial idea:

I made it in paint biggrin

Sandman366Date: Sunday, 2011-05-08, 8:59:30 PM | Message # 44
Stage 9
Congrats on such a good thing in Paint. No I'm serious lol...that's actually not bad. Especially to write the words with the pencil

Problem with that though is it's a very odd looking tower. I'll see if I can draw one up to show what I meant....but tomorrow. Tired now *yawn*

Malevolent criminal I,

GhostWolf223Date: Monday, 2011-05-09, 1:42:09 PM | Message # 45
Stage 9
ohhh i know what u mean sand

|---Wall
X--Lower stairs
Y--Upstairs? lol
Z--Creeps
| |
|__________|_

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Updating Cot (Finnaly, woot!) (From July ?? - August ??, 2011)
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024