Sunday, 2024-04-28, 1:14:01 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Updating Cot (Finnaly, woot!) (From July ?? - August ??, 2011)
Updating Cot (Finnaly, woot!)
Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2011-07-20, 6:01:55 PM | Message # 196
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
How about another big question, which design are we using? :P

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

GhostWolf223Date: Wednesday, 2011-07-20, 6:09:33 PM | Message # 197
Stage 9
Group: Users
epic rape design omega alpha-1?

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

SylaisDate: Wednesday, 2011-07-20, 8:59:02 PM | Message # 198
Stage 1
Mmmm I personally dont much care which design we use, I'm more anxious about seeing the finished product =) I gota say this is definately gona be one kick-ass minigame.

However, I do have one suggestion regardless of which design we use - no matter what shape/color/etc the rooms are, try to always have the entrance on the southern end,
and having to move your hero north to get to the next floor.

Although it makes no difference progression-wise, it is more aesthetically pleasing, and gives the illusion of actually "climbing" a tower, whereas going from left to right feels like
you're just going through a bunch of hallways.

Also, if darkchaos is not quite satisfied with any of the designs I can take a bunch of them and try to put em together into one. Might be tricky but who knows, could yield some interesting results.

I think the trickiest part of doing this is going to be making the rooms big enough for some decent engagements, yet leaving enough room for the rest of the minigames.

My fists have shattered men's dreams, destroyed families, and crushed hopes. But when I open these hands, I can hold my wife, make my children laugh and even aid others. The path that we take is not right. It is simply the path that we choose.

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2011-07-20, 9:15:05 PM | Message # 199
Stage 9
Sorry, I've been re-reading 8-bit theater, and I've seen too much of Fighter. Thus I kinda need that put into 5th grader words, or I can just re-read your post tomorrow (probably easier for us) before I read more of that comic strip I mentioned. Which will probably be edited out by a mod. But whatever.

Malevolent criminal I,

SylaisDate: Wednesday, 2011-07-20, 10:08:13 PM | Message # 200
Stage 1
...Those werent 5th grader words? I thought I use pretty basic language... stoop

Oh wells. Just re-read tomorrow =)

My fists have shattered men's dreams, destroyed families, and crushed hopes. But when I open these hands, I can hold my wife, make my children laugh and even aid others. The path that we take is not right. It is simply the path that we choose.

DestekDate: Wednesday, 2011-07-20, 11:06:01 PM | Message # 201
Stage 1
Sylais, relax man, Sandman is like that most of the time ahahah, people are used to it already ^^

darkchaosDate: Thursday, 2011-07-21, 2:31:27 AM | Message # 202
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
wait.. the infinity tower isnt a minigame...

GhostWolf223Date: Thursday, 2011-07-21, 7:10:35 AM | Message # 203
Stage 9
then whats it considered :o?

a survival minigame? lol

SylaisDate: Thursday, 2011-07-21, 7:12:47 AM | Message # 204
Stage 1
I dont know lol I generally refer to any sort of game with a game to be a minigame, but thats just me.

I guess a proper term for it might be challenge or dungeon?

Sandman366Date: Thursday, 2011-07-21, 1:10:42 PM | Message # 205
Stage 9
Read 8 bit theater. You will feel your brain being sucked away. Seriously if you don't see how stupid Fighter is be the end of comic 2 you aren't paying attention. It's that bad.

Tower would be more of an assault that survival. FF7's tower only it's one boss, you can use a group, and it's 100 floors instead of 5...right? And please, Destek, explain how I'm like that all the time. I implore you to examine Fighter, link to him can be found in Random (the thread)

And yeah, it'll be probably be a bit tricky to get the rooms just right so they are the right size and difficulty. Perhaps we should have 3 towers? DC has said we have lots of space, so let's have the Tower's item have the moon key image thing. We've got 3 designs...let's have one be the "weak tower" (low-ish item, somewhat weak tower, has icon of the first third of the key). The second tower requires you to have at least have the item from the first tower, the second tower, or the third, and is the "mid-range" version (with item having the 2/3 "key" picture). The third tower will be hard (say, hard-VH group colo as a guide?) and requires either the item from tower 2 or itself. This'll be an item that's really good, and definitely worth the difficulty (but no, Death, duh not OP). The idea is that one of the designs is used for one tower, another design for the second, and our third design for the final tower.

Or we could just do 1 tower, whatever. Thought since we were splitting struggle into 2 this would be interesting to see as a multiple as well, and it would be kinda mean for those who've finished to not be able to help people on lower towers, so the requirement to get into a tower is basically the previous tower's item or better. If you've got that tower's reward (or better) then no new item is given (to make sure someone doesn't try to give it away)

Malevolent criminal I,

GhostWolf223Date: Thursday, 2011-07-21, 1:28:17 PM | Message # 206
Stage 9
wth is fighter lol

sounds gay >.>

rooms dont have to be too big cause you could use the same room over and over :P

darkchaosDate: Thursday, 2011-07-21, 1:57:47 PM | Message # 207
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
Your discussing on things that will bve a long way away?

SylaisDate: Thursday, 2011-07-21, 2:31:43 PM | Message # 208
Stage 1
It's always good to prepare I guess lol.

Sandman366Date: Thursday, 2011-07-21, 8:50:55 PM | Message # 209
Stage 9
Quote (GhostWolf223)
wth is fighter lol

Obviously you didn't see my links in the Random thread...
Quote (GhostWolf223)
sounds gay >.>

No, that's Red Mage.
Quote (GhostWolf223)
rooms dont have to be too big cause you could use the same room over and over :P

CLEARLY you need to work on paying attention, I mentioned this like 10 pages ago or something.

Quote (darkchaos)
You're discussing on things that will be a long way away?

Until we get to do something else with these things, all we can IS discuss them.
So yeah, we're discussing them.

Malevolent criminal I,

Message edited by Sandman366 - Thursday, 2011-07-21, 8:51:17 PM

GhostWolf223Date: Thursday, 2011-07-21, 9:44:36 PM | Message # 210
Stage 9
imma be honest lol

i never read your posts unless it refers to me biggrin

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Updating Cot (Finnaly, woot!) (From July ?? - August ??, 2011)
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024