Sunday, 2024-04-28, 10:00:46 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Updating Cot (Finnaly, woot!) (From July ?? - August ??, 2011)
Updating Cot (Finnaly, woot!)
darkchaosDate: Saturday, 2011-05-07, 2:05:54 PM | Message # 1
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
So, this thread will be both a reminder to me when I actually work on the map and also for discussion on what to add.
Its basically when I'm free to work on the map -- On Summer vacation. It starts on July 1st, or on June 22nd or something, but I'm probably going to laze around for a week, get bored, and work on the map.
That is, If i don't go to Cuba or whatnot :P.
I don't have much planned now, will add later.
You can input if you want something added - if its a big idea, Ill make a topic and we can discuss on it there - else just discuss it here.

Changes Planned

Sandman366Date: Saturday, 2011-05-07, 3:19:46 PM | Message # 2
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
Quote (darkchaos)
-Level cap increased. Max is now 1300.

Actually kinda sad to see 999 go. It was a nice round (ish) number lol. "Level 1.3k" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Quote (darkchaos)
Infinite struggle is now 100 waves.

Can we PLEASE make them short then?! And very efficient? Nobody will want to do simply because it'll take hours (ughhh) and will take hours (ugghhh) and will probably make game have megadelay (uugggghhhhh)

Quote (darkchaos)
The two parts do not go one after another. They are two minigames, and can both take place simutaneously.

Sweeeeeet.

Quote (darkchaos)
Infinity tower, which is 100 levels to get to the top (Release Date: TBA 2013)

Is it basically a room that stuff spawns in? Or do we have to climb stairs and stuff or something?

About new area, where will we get there from, is it on the "normal" map, and what'll the equips level be like?

PS: Can we make struggle part 1 into like a HLW, and struggle part 2 like a TD? Makes it SO much easier to describe lol
PPS: Will backpack be able to save anytime soon?
PPPS: Will EXP gain go up any to make it possible to get past 999? Or will it just be 1% exp gain to 1.3k?
PPPPS: (lol) Had more thoughts but I'm forgetting them...(crap!)
PPPPPS: Woot woot first post! Lol

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

Message edited by Sandman366 - Saturday, 2011-05-07, 3:20:08 PM

darkchaosDate: Saturday, 2011-05-07, 3:40:41 PM | Message # 3
Mapmaker
make game have megadelay (uugggghhhhh)

thanks for reminding, only 50 creeps can be on the infinite struggle arena at one time

an we PLEASE make them short then?! And very efficient? Nobody will want to do simply because it'll take hours (ughhh) and will take hours (ugghhh) and will probably make game have megadelay (uugggghhhhh)

what about the xp and item :). its called infinite for a reason

Actually kinda sad to see 999 go. It was a nice round (ish) number lol. "Level 1.3k" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

welll its gotta incrrease for enw content

Will backpack be able to save anytime soon?
maybe

Will EXP gain go up any to make it possible to get past 999? Or will it just be 1% exp gain to 1.3k?
reminded me of other idea., will add soon

fail

win.

there are about 56ish waves right now in infite

Sandman366Date: Saturday, 2011-05-07, 3:48:03 PM | Message # 4
Stage 9
Quote (darkchaos)

So the 10,000 South of Death, how many waves does that account for?

Quote (darkchaos)
thanks for reminding, only 50 creeps can be on the infinite struggle arena at one time

It can do 50 before delay? I've seen fewer cause it...

Quote (darkchaos)

EXP: You're nerfing to 30%. Where's the EXP in that?!
Item: 200 waves and LOTS of money to get said item. Unless you're giving a lot of cash for each creep in there, I'll be happy with fewer.

Quote (darkchaos)
reminded me of other idea., will add soon

Like say, really expensive house? Say, 50-50, and gives 200%+ exp base (like if you were a level 1 getting it you'd have that EXP gain)

Quote (darkchaos)
fail

Yeah I know...
Quote (darkchaos)
win.

It's to counteract the fail.

Quote (darkchaos)
well its gotta incrrease for new content

Well yeah but still...current reqs could just go down a bit to make way for it smile lol

Malevolent criminal I,

GhostWolf223Date: Saturday, 2011-05-07, 3:49:42 PM | Message # 5
Stage 9
Group: Users
YAYYYYYYYYYYY more lvls lol

so theres going to be another world? how are you going to fit all this on same map lol

great ideas <3 lol ok. make max lvl 1336 lol just to piss ppl off biggrin

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

Message edited by GhostWolf223 - Saturday, 2011-05-07, 3:57:28 PM

darkchaosDate: Saturday, 2011-05-07, 3:53:00 PM | Message # 6
Mapmaker

It can do 50 before delay? I've seen fewer cause it...

no i mean thatas a cahnge ill do, the delay is cause thre are like 500 units on screen at one time

darkchaosDate: Saturday, 2011-05-07, 3:54:00 PM | Message # 7
Mapmaker

EXP: You're nerfing to 30%. Where's the EXP in that?!
Item: 200 waves and LOTS of money to get said item. Unless you're giving a lot of cash for each creep in there, I'll be happy with fewer.

because right now, everyone ios just damn farming the inf struggle. they barely do anything else. Right now, it gives even more xp than colo does.

darkchaosDate: Saturday, 2011-05-07, 3:54:24 PM | Message # 8
Mapmaker

So the 10,000 South of Death, how many waves does that account for?

Sandman366Date: Saturday, 2011-05-07, 3:55:31 PM | Message # 9
Stage 9
Quote (GhostWolf223)
YAYYYYYYYYYYY more lvls lol

Great....time to spend another week for a level...

PS: DC, I think 1250 sounds like a better max than 1.3k. It just sounds better, not sure exactly why....

Malevolent criminal I,

God_Of_DeathDate: Saturday, 2011-05-07, 4:10:52 PM | Message # 10
Stage 7
I'm liking the sounds of all this, how are you going to make the tower thing balanced with getting gold and having to spend it.

GhostWolf223Date: Saturday, 2011-05-07, 4:15:24 PM | Message # 11
Stage 9
Group: Users
wait....if theres more lvls doesnt that mean there will have to be an increase in ability lvls as well?

like the attribute bonus and such?

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

Sandman366Date: Saturday, 2011-05-07, 4:20:57 PM | Message # 12
Stage 9
Quote (GhostWolf223)
like the attribute bonus and such?

Level 999-1050
+27k all stats
How much you wanna bet? Lol.

And DC, not everyone farms struggle. I actually try to stay away to keep it from causing the game to have delay, and it takes a long time for it to be good levels and money (you can get 3-4 plats in there atm)

Seriously? The Soul of Death "wave" alone is far too long then. I mean, seriously! How many ARE there?! 50k?!

Malevolent criminal I,

darkchaosDate: Saturday, 2011-05-07, 4:26:39 PM | Message # 13
Mapmaker
the infinite struggle thing is grows with your gold. OKay, lets split this up.

There are two things that scale for the player; increase.
They are level, and resources.(count hero attributes out)

In order to make minigames interesting, you have to make them scale as well. No one wants to play a good minigame at level 1 but at level 999 it sucks balls.

Therefore, minigames scale to level. Eg, infinite struggle (waves -> increase level, hero -> level increases to the point he can complete)

Now, lets do it from the other way

Minigames scale. However, as your heroes level increases, your resorurces increase as well. At level 777, you have like 5 plat.
Now, you can use those resoruces you acquired to level.

The infinite struggle will not give the gold necessary to simply play it out. If thats the case, noobs can go in there at level 1, build level 1 towers, get gold from creeps, upgrade, and complete max level, leaving with like 888 plat.
Instead, to beat it, you need to have the cash of a level 999. Therefore, you can have the cash encessary to complete it. This is why commands like -pnt were made, that transfer plat to gold on the go.

However, resources are finite. THey are not like hero level, which is an infinite resource.
Therefore, you can only challenge it so many times. The times you do challenge it will be for the item. However, if you consider this possibklity, you need to conmsider the scope of the game.

Players will be given a save code. That save code can be used game after game. Therefore, if they do not complete the inf struggle, they can save before the inf struggle, and try it again in another game with their intiial resources, along with some friends.

Considering the backpack, what are the current bugs revolving around obtaining an item via backpack? (after inf struggle completed)

(That was a weird post. It appears my tone of talking shifted halfway through)

darkchaosDate: Saturday, 2011-05-07, 4:28:49 PM | Message # 14
Mapmaker
Sandman, you are also not considering the possiblity that as new waves are added, chaos waves appear.

Therefore, in the infinite struggle it will pour out creeps faster than the colosseum. And what about your xp?
Your xp would not change - it is held constant. Colo xp goes down, yet regular xp doesnt. Therefore you would be getting more xp there than you would normally.
THerefore, we have to nerf it.

Thanks for remidning me, i asked alexng of this but if he doesnt remeber, I have to set the finite struggle so that players 100 levels below or above people in the colo cannot join.

darkchaosDate: Saturday, 2011-05-07, 4:35:57 PM | Message # 15
Mapmaker
And there will be a damn code wipe, im announcing it now. FOr all the people that say "Oh im not gunna play it" Then you are retarded, my fair sir.

Humans live in the moment, why embrace something that is yet to come? For some, it may not even come at all.
We have to enjoy the moment.

Take for example, a man. He wants to have a hella good time at retirement. Therefore, he puts all of his money in his pension plan.
As he reaches age 65, he thinks to himself"Hell yes! I eendured 65 years and never used any money, now I have all the time in the world to enjoy myself!"
However, a few moments later, he gets a heart attack and dies. His life was meaningless to himself - he did not enjoy his life.

Lets take another example, a woman. She wants to live in the moment, and will only use the money the governemnt give her in her pension. Even if it will be small, she wants to enjoy herself now so that she does not regret it later, and will somehow cope. She goes on vacation to cuba, Dominican republic, and all the other places with her family. She uses all of the money she uses, however she had a fine time.
As she reaches age 65, she knows she has a small pension. However she thinsk to herself "I had a great time. I can use the remaining time with family and friends, even if I have a barely noticable pension."
However, a few moments later, she gets a heart attack. She thinks "Ahh, I had a pretty good life, I am satisfied." Her life was meaningful - she enjoyed life and gave reason to live for her family.

I wonder if you were able to understand the point of this story?

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Updating Cot (Finnaly, woot!) (From July ?? - August ??, 2011)
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024