Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Requesting Mapmaking Help
Requesting Mapmaking Help
Sandman366Date: Saturday, 2011-06-04, 12:41:20 PM | Message # 241
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
Quote (Alexeng)
Edit: JassHELPER, only me that sees the irony in the fact that the thing that's supposed to help me is the thing that causes my problems?

I feel like laughing until I hurt because I saw it too :P
It's more like......JassHURTER. Lol.

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

darkchaosDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 1:26:43 PM | Message # 242
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
Hey alexng, i have a reqyest.

Could yu add some kind of crazy jass trigger to try to prevent hacks and make the map harder to hack?

AlexengDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 4:35:00 PM | Message # 243
Stage 4
Group: Users
Heheheh... I know something so much better than JASS triggers when protecting a map. It's something most don't know about, most who know about can't break even by using tutorials, and some map-makers actually do accidentaly. Gotta check up on how to do it without breaking the map or making it too easy, but if I succedd you will have a protection only dedicated hackers can overcome. smile Now, too stop being mysterious, the thing is called MPQ protection. It's a form of corruption that allows warcraft 3 to read the map, yet neighter the WE or an MPQ editor can. smile

Brony Forever.
Favorite characters: Chrysalis, Twilight, Luna, Discord, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Trixie.
Favorite pairings: TwiLuna, CelestiCord, Twixie, AppleDash, TwiDash, Flutterdash.

darkchaosDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 4:45:12 PM | Message # 244
Mapmaker
I tried that before, but it somehow f**cked up my map. Come peopel could join the map while some others couldnt.

Heres the link: http://forum.wc3edit.net/useful-....60.html

I remember someone once tried to help me protect the map. They sent a spazzler that was edited by him in which the wc3edit people could not despazzle since they did not have a despazzler for that spazzler. However, that was the one that made my map partly unplayable.

MPQ protection isnt that uncommon, by the way.

AlexengDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 5:16:59 PM | Message # 245
Stage 4
Ok. Started testing something new anyway. I'm trying to find a change in the files used by both wc3 and WE that WE can't read but wc3 can. Atm I've tried changing a tooltip to an extended tooltip, but have yet to protect the map so that I can check if it worked. smile And MPQ protection isn't uncommon, no, but messing with the HEX beyond a simple header change is, and that's the only real great protection there is atm.

Brony Forever.
Favorite characters: Chrysalis, Twilight, Luna, Discord, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Trixie.
Favorite pairings: TwiLuna, CelestiCord, Twixie, AppleDash, TwiDash, Flutterdash.

Message edited by Alexeng - Sunday, 2011-06-05, 5:17:42 PM

darkchaosDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 5:23:37 PM | Message # 246
Mapmaker
Just make a turotial for me after because all I am giong to do is get the triggers from your map. I would ,like to know how to do it when I am updating the map.

AlexengDate: Monday, 2011-06-06, 5:20:11 AM | Message # 247
Stage 4
Will do. And I was soo close with the tooltip thing. I got a corrupted message in the WE but also got an annoying little violation message when writing the memory at map startup. tongue Must have had something to do with trying to overwrite memory without permission.

Brony Forever.

Sandman366Date: Friday, 2011-06-10, 1:06:27 PM | Message # 248
Stage 9
DC, there's some protection I've heard of that is absolutely brilliant. Basically, if you can open the map in the editor, it doesn't matter. Changing anything and saving basically nulls the whole map. I'd have to find where I heard about this, but I think it was some other mapmaker's site. I'll see if I can find it though, I think I remember whose it was :P
(I should probably mention this mapmaker was GOOD......)

Edit: Nevermind...says you can't do it with optimizer. I'll send link though, it's got other protection methods listed.

Malevolent criminal I,

Message edited by Sandman366 - Friday, 2011-06-10, 1:31:54 PM

darkchaosDate: Friday, 2011-06-10, 4:03:25 PM | Message # 249
Mapmaker
Only usable info

Update - Damaging the MPQ headers (For advanced users):

The first four bytes of the map hold the filetype-identifier (usually "HM3W"). We'll leave that and the next 508 blocks alone. The next four (4th, 5th, 6th and 7th) bytes always hold hex: {0×00 00 00 00}. The following 508 bytes hold the map name, some data with unknown purpose, some more nullbytes and then finally, after byte 512 the MPQ file begins with "MPQ " and hex {0×20 00 00 00} Which is actually another (but smaller) header, and we can damage it:

Leave the string "MPQ " alone, and change hex {0×20 00 00 00} after it to hex {0×33 49 43 45} (We are at byte 516 now) and MPQ extractors will fail to open the map. Warcraft does not look at this information, so your map will be still playable. This method effectively crashes most deprotector scripts and programs, but any knowledgeable user can reverse the effect within seconds so it'll only help against beginners (People who don't know about this header corruption method).

AlexengDate: Friday, 2011-06-10, 5:03:50 PM | Message # 250
Stage 4
Know that DC. tongue Also found the one that tells the client how many players there can be. tongue Trying to find other things you can damage, but it's kinda hard cuz it's just sooo many bytes and 99.99% of them give a corruption error in wc3.
And have yet to find a fix to the item restrictions. I seriously hate the fact that even when I update JassHelper it still gives me the same stupid errors. Anyway, I'm gonna try using hashtables next, but can't use JassHelper to find the functions or anything, even tho the version I'm using is supposed to support them... I hate when I have to use GUI functions. >.<

Brony Forever.

Sandman366Date: Friday, 2011-06-10, 5:43:52 PM | Message # 251
Stage 9
Do you want the link? Mostly looks like Optimizer stuff, but never know.

Malevolent criminal I,

AlexengDate: Saturday, 2011-06-25, 6:56:25 AM | Message # 252
Stage 4
*Eye twitches* Remind me to never help out on a wc3 map again. Despite the fact that hashtables work in jass, the GUI functions do not show up. Oh, and I can't declare a hashtable variable in the variable window eighter, because there's no GUI hashtable stuff AT ALL, so it gives me errors cuz I declare a variable outside of a function. *Eye twitches again* Everything works for my friend, but not for me. sad

Brony Forever.

Message edited by Alexeng - Saturday, 2011-06-25, 6:57:10 AM

GhostWolf223Date: Saturday, 2011-06-25, 9:30:21 AM | Message # 253
Stage 9
tell your friend to do it and you take all credit :D!

eighter.... lol

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

MastaDate: Saturday, 2011-06-25, 7:36:39 PM | Message # 254
Stage 1
i am a idea person myself, i would love to help with the map to, would that be alright then DC???

GhostWolf223Date: Saturday, 2011-06-25, 7:50:23 PM | Message # 255
Stage 9
lol me and sandy are idea people too

biggrin

ideas are welcome surprised lol

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Requesting Mapmaking Help
Search: