Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Requesting Mapmaking Help
Requesting Mapmaking Help
darkchaosDate: Wednesday, 2011-07-20, 0:35:13 AM | Message # 271
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
You can take over cryos place (lol) after i release the new ver.

The delay in inf has been fixed. (new ver -coming up)

GhostWolf223Date: Wednesday, 2011-07-20, 8:02:16 AM | Message # 272
Stage 9
Group: Users
:O!

am i part of the team :O!?

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2011-07-20, 10:25:45 AM | Message # 273
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
Maybe unofficially so far, but there are a lot of "unofficial" people so far I believe (say, everyone who's reported a glitch or an illegitimate character, or even feedback on the map)

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

darkchaosDate: Wednesday, 2012-02-15, 7:57:55 PM | Message # 274
Mapmaker
Anyone feel like helping? With Alexeng not doing anything and myself being unavailiable for 2~3 months more...

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2012-02-15, 8:49:49 PM | Message # 275
Stage 9
May I at least mess with it? Haven't messed with editor in a while, but still looking to learn more about it.

Not saying I'd get much done on the map, but perhaps when I know it better I could help more.

Malevolent criminal I,

darkchaosDate: Wednesday, 2012-02-15, 10:21:15 PM | Message # 276
Mapmaker
why not. alexeng has to send u the map tho

AlexengDate: Wednesday, 2012-02-15, 11:12:09 PM | Message # 277
Stage 4
Be glad I'm still up, it's 5am here. tongue Sending link now.

Brony Forever.
Favorite characters: Chrysalis, Twilight, Luna, Discord, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Trixie.
Favorite pairings: TwiLuna, CelestiCord, Twixie, AppleDash, TwiDash, Flutterdash.

Sandman366Date: Thursday, 2012-02-16, 5:32:07 PM | Message # 278
Stage 9
Thanks! At the very least I could help find issues. Another pair of eyes is rarely bad (in small amounts, when you have like, 300 people just for looking for issues, there would be an issue then...lol)

And Alexeng, I lol'd at the password.....I mean....lol??

Malevolent criminal I,

Message edited by Sandman366 - Thursday, 2012-02-16, 5:32:48 PM

AlexengDate: Thursday, 2012-02-16, 6:06:34 PM | Message # 279
Stage 4
I could have been meaner, y'know. tongue And as I said, it was 5am, you can't expect me to be creative by then, can you? xD

Brony Forever.
Favorite characters: Chrysalis, Twilight, Luna, Discord, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Trixie.
Favorite pairings: TwiLuna, CelestiCord, Twixie, AppleDash, TwiDash, Flutterdash.

Sandman366Date: Thursday, 2012-02-16, 6:26:59 PM | Message # 280
Stage 9
Could've been much worse though.

Malevolent criminal I,

EntrambiDate: Monday, 2012-07-16, 5:13:31 PM | Message # 281
Stage 1
If I compile together all the changes I would like to make (it will be extremely detailed) post it, and you approve of the changes I would like to make, would this offer still stand to be able to help out?

EDIT:
I'm going to have a hell of a lot time on my hands for the next month or so and I would love to be able to put some work into this. Oh and I'm asking before I make the list because I intend to go into every detail I would like to change and it's going to be a good bit of work of itself.

EDIT:
Also I don't mean to make it sound like the changes I would like to do sound like they're completely catastrophic; the main thing I would like to look into is updating some of the older heroes (ie making them actually viable) and also some balances in the normal world itself as well. But like I said before I would like to know even if this offer stands before I gather the details; I believe some of my ideas will be shot down but even if only one or two are approved I'll still do them.

Message edited by Entrambi - Monday, 2012-07-16, 6:12:01 PM

TheLastShaperDate: Monday, 2012-07-16, 9:42:40 PM | Message # 282
Stage 3
Quote (Entrambi)
the main thing I would like to look into is updating some of the older heroes (ie making them actually viable) and also some balances in the normal world itself as well. But like I said before I would like to know even if this offer stands before I gather the details; I believe some of my ideas will be shot down but even if only one or two are approved I'll still do them.

I'm actually working on those already, albeit as quickly as the next version was coming. Though I've already made a compiled list of skills that need to be triggered, hero units made for summons, skills that need a complete overhaul(skills that would destroy corpses mostly as the current respawn is based on them), and skills that need to be completely taken out, i.e. Charm, Slow(or make it an AoE), Mass Teleport. Also all of the newer neutral heroes were never added, though their skills had been upgraded (Not triggered, just updated)

EntrambiDate: Monday, 2012-07-16, 10:18:39 PM | Message # 283
Stage 1
Alright, that sounds awesome. Well if you have any work that you yourself are just avoiding or plainly don't want to do I would be happy to help with that. Oh and I'm not meaning to be pushy or anything in case if your response was a subtle "no".

Sandman366Date: Monday, 2012-07-16, 10:42:37 PM | Message # 284
Stage 9
Quote (TheLastShaper)
skills that need to be completely taken out, i.e. Charm, Slow(or make it an AoE), Mass Teleport

Charm could have a timer on it perhaps (maybe make it channeling?), Slow could be an aura (perhaps even toggled for extra potency, but'd need to cost a % so you can't just have it on all the time). For Mass I'd say just make it like Battlemage's, or a Blink, or give them something else that could fit.

Malevolent criminal I,

TheLastShaperDate: Tuesday, 2012-07-17, 2:44:23 AM | Message # 285
Stage 3
Quote (entambi)
Alright, that sounds awesome. Well if you have any work that you yourself are just avoiding or plainly don't want to do I would be happy to help with that. Oh and I'm not meaning to be pushy or anything in case if your response was a subtle "no".

You'd have to ask DC, in the end it's his decision.

Quote (Sandman366)
Charm could have a timer on it perhaps (maybe make it channeling?), Slow could be an aura (perhaps even toggled for extra potency, but'd need to cost a % so you can't just have it on all the time). For Mass I'd say just make it like Battlemage's, or a Blink, or give them something else that could fit.

Until the respawn is changed Charm is a bad skill even without the endgame exploits it can cause. And I never went into much depth about what skills should be changed into. I just set a tick by the ones that were useless on a level of stupid for CoT. The slow was just a plain slow with levels that didn't even rank up.

Aside from mapping what needed to be done, I've done almost no work on the heroes that has been saved. Got about twelve spells done and WE crashed and haven't done shit since.

Edit:: Honestly, I think it would be awesome if each hero had a unique set of skills with few that overlap to other. (Not counting passives and auras like evasion and endurance ect.)

Message edited by TheLastShaper - Tuesday, 2012-07-17, 8:22:43 PM

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Requesting Mapmaking Help
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024