Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Requesting Mapmaking Help
Requesting Mapmaking Help
Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2011-05-11, 1:44:22 PM | Message # 196
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
Quote (GhostWolf223)
and i want it renamed PowerTar

Quote (Alexeng)
Too bad Ghost, because it will NEVER be renamed PowerTar. It's more likely that DC gives someone Epic Weapon of Sin.

Wrong. More likely that we'll all get banhammers. Or get a third world. Or get a chaotic weapon/armor type on a hero.

Quote (Alexeng)
Avatar is not useless. Magic Immunity ftw?

Yeah....long run...this is like...the only okay thing. And where is it useful other than Azazoth (to survive spells) and Dark Spirit (to not get stunned for 10 seconds)?
Past that, it's just for PvP VS Ele. Past that, it's a shame it's so useless.

Quote (IchibanBaka)
Mind if I join the coloseum testing?

We've got 4 people so far. 5-6 if you count Alexang and/or DC. And 1 of those 4 is Death, and I'm not sure he was actually put down for testing. Yes, you're in those 4.

Quote (GhostWolf223)
yay testing soon ^.^

The only thing I liked out of the string of posts other than "It'll never be powertar" (sorry wolf, I find that a stupid name)...
...is these words here. If they're true that is.

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

AlexengDate: Wednesday, 2011-05-11, 3:17:33 PM | Message # 197
Stage 4
Group: Users
True, it is more likely that we get banhammers. And Avatar is still good! What about the perma-stun at orc base in normal world when getting the key?

@DC: can I delete all spawned objects around the map? Would make it faster to save the map, and I got to do that for the full JassHelper debug, which is something I need right now because the trigger one gives non-existing errors, and lots of them.

Brony Forever.
Favorite characters: Chrysalis, Twilight, Luna, Discord, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Trixie.
Favorite pairings: TwiLuna, CelestiCord, Twixie, AppleDash, TwiDash, Flutterdash.

darkchaosDate: Wednesday, 2011-05-11, 3:29:18 PM | Message # 198
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
sure, if it acutually works after that.Im just taking triggers from your map anyway.

AlexengDate: Wednesday, 2011-05-11, 4:10:16 PM | Message # 199
Stage 4
Reduced the doodad amount from around 8000 to less than 1000. I saved stuff connected with triggers, the town, and colo, because I think that you do deserve a little decoration while testing the map. tongue And nice death-trap you made out of the Azazoth fight area DC, it had over 700 doodads in it.

Brony Forever.
Favorite characters: Chrysalis, Twilight, Luna, Discord, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Trixie.
Favorite pairings: TwiLuna, CelestiCord, Twixie, AppleDash, TwiDash, Flutterdash.

Message edited by Alexeng - Wednesday, 2011-05-11, 4:13:40 PM

darkchaosDate: Wednesday, 2011-05-11, 4:20:41 PM | Message # 200
Mapmaker
: )

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2011-05-11, 4:56:05 PM | Message # 201
Stage 9
Quote (Alexeng)
Reduced the doodad amount from around 8000 to less than 1000.

Does that include trees? Base trees were obviously nice, town's trees were nice, but it's impossible to see around Void area, and nearly as hard around some Despairs...

On the bright side, map load time probably just went from 2-5 minutes to like....2-3.....lol

PS: DC just how many doodads did you need?! Couldn't you make a few long ones for the Azazoth area? I mean.... O_O 700 for him alone!! What's Chaotic God going to have? 3k?!

PPS:

Quote (Alexeng)
And Avatar is still good! What about the perma-stun at orc base in normal world when getting the key?

Basically the only time it's useful after you have decent Chaotic items. And you still don't even need it there. Get Castle of Gods o reveal most of map (you have blink anyway, gotta reveal first) and just hit the Monsoon spell over all the towers near the main part of the base. Don't hit the heroes and you can get most of the workers too. Then basically all that's left of them are heroes and towers by the gate.

Edit: This is more of a suggestion I realize but can the map start out already "visited"? Basically during the cutscene have a player-friendly uberfied Far Sight that hits the whole map. It'd be ever so useful =D (If not for normal release, at least the test ver. Pleaasseeee?)

Malevolent criminal I,

Message edited by Sandman366 - Wednesday, 2011-05-11, 5:01:43 PM

darkchaosDate: Wednesday, 2011-05-11, 5:41:53 PM | Message # 202
Mapmaker
do w/e u want with test ver.
go make a giant chicken with 9999999999999999 chaotic damage attack the town for all i care.

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2011-05-11, 7:15:09 PM | Message # 203
Stage 9
Quote (darkchaos)
go make a giant chicken with 9999999999999999 chaotic damage attack the town for all i care.

This VS Chaos.
O_O LOL!!!!!!!
-O R-
Chicken VS 1337 Sins
*watches intently*

Did we hear an approx for when test ver comes out?

Malevolent criminal I,

AlexengDate: Thursday, 2011-05-12, 8:55:10 AM | Message # 204
Stage 4
2-3 days, if I'm not busy helping a friend with a thing. He can't do it himself even when I give him crystal-clear instructions. tongue

And you want an epic fight? Well, I'll give you an epic fight! The fight will be so epic that Chaos will actually bother looking at it from his place in darkchaos's mind! Hmm... Chaos, darkCHAOS, seems like a coincidence. tongue

And yeah, trees are gone. You don't really realize how many of them there actually is before you try to delete them.

Brony Forever.

Message edited by Alexeng - Thursday, 2011-05-12, 8:56:13 AM

IchibanBakaDate: Thursday, 2011-05-12, 12:49:12 PM | Message # 205
Stage 3
Not all trees? o.o There are some left right... A completely plain place looks kinda boring xD Like a tree here and a tree there doesn't hurt, but yeah I do agree there was a crapload of trees xD

bud-bus-Date: Thursday, 2011-05-12, 9:23:44 PM | Message # 206
Lead Moderator
You do need some trees to farm off of...but moving trees into the bases is better than having them all over. And the reduction of doodads sounds great. There are plenty of things that need to be removed or reduced. A faster load time + balance in the game = more enjoyable and popular cool
Also, don't go off topic with the crazy things dark likes to say (I mean, if you afk on him, he'll write you a story) tongue

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

darkchaosDate: Thursday, 2011-05-12, 9:39:00 PM | Message # 207
Mapmaker
Well, im only accepting the change for the test map - doesnt mean its going to be in the real map.

darkchaosDate: Friday, 2011-05-13, 10:06:39 PM | Message # 208
Mapmaker
IMPORTANT - CRITICAL PIECE OF INFORMATION

CAN EITHER CRYO OR ALENGX LOOK INTO THE BUG IVE HAD A PROBLEM WITH SINCE 0.66. THE BUG IS THAT, FOR SOME REASON, AS I ADD MORE TRIGGERS, SOME TRIGGERS STOP WORKING. FOR EXAMPLE. IN V 1.20 OR SOMETHING, I HAD THE DOORS OF DEATH MINIGAME ENABLED, HOWEVER SOME TRIGGERS WERE ERASED. FOR EXAMPLE, THE SAVE CODE DISPLAYED WAS BLANK. TO FIX THIS, I SIMPLY DISABLED DOORS OF DEATH, AND IT SOMEHOW WORKED. THIS WAS THE FIX VERSION THAT WAS RELEASED SHORTLY AFTER.

LETS TAKE ANOTHER EXAMPLE. IN 0.66 WHILE I WAS MAKING IT, I HAD A HUGE COLOSEUM TRIGGER. IT CAUSED OTHER TRIGGERS TO FAIL. FOR EXAMPLE, THE ELEMENTALISTS ICE AND LIGHTNING SPELL. I OPTIMIZED AND IT WORKED.

IN THIS VERSION, THE ITEM RESTRICTION DOES NOT WORK. I AM THINKING IT MIGHT RELATE TO THIS PROBLEM. IM AFRAID AS CRYOZONE ADDS MUCH MORE TRIGGERS, MANY TRIGGERS WILL STOP WORKING.

CAN YOU FIND A SOLUTION?

THIS IS ALSO A PROBLEM FOR WHEN I START WORKING ON THE MAP AS WELL.

THIS IS WRITTEN IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE THIS IS AS IMPORTANT AS MAKING UPDATES.

THIS BUG WAS SO LARGE THAT IN 0.66, I THOUGHT ABOUT GIVING UP.

THIS IS MY #0 BUG RIGHT NOW. (ABOVE #1)

GhostWolf223Date: Saturday, 2011-05-14, 9:32:49 AM | Message # 209
Stage 9
well.... the trigger might cross over other triggers to work so you would have to change all the triggers around so they dont interfer with eachother

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

darkchaosDate: Saturday, 2011-05-14, 12:04:25 PM | Message # 210
Mapmaker
It doesnt.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Requesting Mapmaking Help
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024