Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Items
Items
darkchaosDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-08, 5:27:02 PM | Message # 1
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
Well, since this new version will lead to the destruction of all current items, I was thinking if anyone had any ideas for the Normal-Rare-Legendary item system. Maybe give some ideas, something new to put in, to help or to fix? Like a normal+ item or something?

TrueShadowDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-08, 5:37:33 PM | Message # 2
Stage 10
Group: Administrator
Here's a graphical idea: for more powerful versions of a certain item, make your hero glow a tiny bit. The more "glowing" items you have, the brighter the glow your hero becomes. Like a +1 item would make you glow barely, and a +5 item would make you glow a bit more. And having six items that are +5 would make you super glow.

It's a graphical idea from certain MMORPGs like MU.

dothackkingDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-08, 6:22:06 PM | Message # 3
Stage 4
Group: Users
I have an idea: Make + items also be DROPPABLE, just have super low drop rates. (i.e. Leggy Thanatos Wings +1 would have a .01% chance to drop), something like that. It's not the greatest idea, but the only one that pops into my head right now.

bud-bus-Date: Tuesday, 2009-12-08, 6:35:53 PM | Message # 4
Lead Moderator
Group: Moderator
Quote (darkchaos)
Maybe give some ideas, something new to put in, to help or to fix?

Instead of having the same boss fight over and over...make it so that when you go to fight the boss you can choose the difficulty of the fight: normal boss or rare boss or legendary boss..
If you want to do it this way, then have a boss dungeon setup: enter the dungeon - pick difficulty - teleport hero into dungeon (make it unblinkable into)..and give enough room between the heroes and boss. Any hero that enters the dungeon will fight the boss that has been choosen, until the boss dies and has the respawn time..
If you don't like this, then IDK what to say.. cool

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

TrueShadowDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-08, 6:38:37 PM | Message # 5
Stage 10
I like that idea bud, as long as the drop chance is still the same in your dungeons. Like a legendary dungeon would still be 1% to drop item. However, if you enter a normal dungeon, then there will be 0% to drop legendary.

...or else it would be too easy to get legendary, you just need some people strong enough to take it down.

bud-bus-Date: Tuesday, 2009-12-08, 6:47:02 PM | Message # 6
Lead Moderator
Quote (Kevvin)
I like that idea bud, as long as the drop chance is still the same in your dungeons. Like a legendary dungeon would still be 1% to drop item. However, if you enter a normal dungeon, then there will be 0% to drop legendary.
...or else it would be too easy to get legendary, you just need some people strong enough to take it down.

Oopppies, i forgot about the % chance drops..the reason behind my idea is to have a higher drop rate, but at the same time, make the bosses stronger..for example:
Normal: 90% chance to drop Regular (boss item) 10% for nothing. Boss is 1x stronger.
Rare: 15% chance to drop Rare (boss item) 85% for nothing. Boss is 1.5x stronger.
Legendary: 5% chance to drop Leg. (boss item) 95% for nothing. Boss is 2x stronger.
Alright, that concludes my boss idea. happy

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

TrueShadowDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-08, 6:51:33 PM | Message # 7
Stage 10
I'm thinking the bosses will need to be ridicously stronger, not just 1.5 or 2x even though the item is not better by the same X percent.

bud-bus-Date: Tuesday, 2009-12-08, 6:57:37 PM | Message # 8
Lead Moderator
Quote (Kevvin)
I'm thinking the bosses will need to be ridicously stronger, not just 1.5 or 2x even though the item is not better by the same X percent.

Kevvin, think about what your saying bro..for a 5% chance to get a Legendary, a boss that's 2x as strong: from 3000 chaotic armor to 6000 chaotic armor, and from 50k chaotic dmg to 100k chaotic dmg and from 1 mil hp to 2 mil hp....lol.

TrueShadowDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-08, 7:16:26 PM | Message # 9
Stage 10
oh nvm....i forgot about armor and hp and regen. i was only thinking about damage. btw, this idea sounds more like a boss idea than items though. still sounds good though.

darkchaosDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-08, 9:54:20 PM | Message # 10
Mapmaker
Dungeons, eh... I was trying to keep the rpg more open though. hmm..

valkierDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-08, 11:05:39 PM | Message # 11
Webmaster
Quote (dothackking)
Make + items also be DROPPABLE

All I have to say is no, no no and..... no.

darkchaosDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-08, 11:11:54 PM | Message # 12
Mapmaker
I wasn't auctaully adding + items to be put in, it was just a thought to get you guys giong :P

ace_of_spadezDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-09, 5:22:36 AM | Message # 13
Stage 4
add a random boss that randomly drops any chaotic item IE kill it get abysmal sword kill it again get thanatos wings if your lucky kill it again and get rare satans ace kind of idea just for fun when u dont know wat to farm

GoonswithSpoonsDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-09, 12:59:39 PM | Message # 14
Stage 1
Maybe just more sets in general? Make it so you can cross combine set items to make different things, also some sort of system to upgrade a set to the next set higher would be nice, right now I don't ever feel like actually buying the demon set because I know I am going to drop it for an item later, so spending the plat/arc on it doesn't seem worth it. Have a separate shop you can go to where if you have all the items of a set, and an earlier set it just charges you the difference for the new one? This isn't too big of a matter if you get power leveled, but for the first time leveling up a hero when you don't have much plat/arc going into chaos it would be nice.

You could also add in some items that give you abilities that work on the ability modifier system(9 X int and so on). This would be an easy way to help bring some of the old caster heros up to the elementalist without having to redo all their skills, though it would make him all the more broken if he got the items, hmmm.

God_Of_DeathDate: Wednesday, 2009-12-09, 2:21:57 PM | Message # 15
Stage 7
A set of all the sets? Or maybe like easy set (demon, horror, despair) intermediate (void, hell, New set?)

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Items
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024