Tuesday, 2024-05-07, 1:04:40 AM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » Goddess of "Love"-Weather of Hate-Despawn (Goddess of Making You Mad-Weather of Evil-No More Creeps)
Goddess of "Love"-Weather of Hate-Despawn
Sandman366Date: Sunday, 2010-10-17, 0:48:41 AM | Message # 1
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
The hardest things for making a new character are the weather, which can make the game entirely up to chance, (and I've seen where 3 out of the first 5 weathers were hurricanes, utter BS...), despawn/glitching creeps so they don't respawn, and Seso, the Goddess of "Love", which is more of the Goddess of pissing everyone off.
Let's make an example of just how horrific these things are for new people.

Five new guys start the map, nobody's played before, and they start out with Heavy Snow. Two go up what looks like the proper way out of town, and they find things that deal more than all of their health put together, and are forced to repick. Another goes towards the taurens, and gets slaughtered. Eventually one finds the trolls, the group starts fighting them, but for some reason they have a heal that fully heals them, and another heal that seems to make them invulnerable. So they manage to kill the ground (finally), then wait for them to respawn, and they don't. They find some nerubs, which they take far longer to kill, (they have the heal too???? WHAT???), and drop a nice armor for the group's tank. Everyone is still level 1 though, with unmentionable EXP, when some message pops up about getting a house. Several minutes later they find houses, but have no money to get them, as they wasted it all on claws for damage. So...it's been an hour and all five people are level 1, one person has left so far (who had to go, and doesn't play again for months), three repicks, and the other four aren't caring too much about the game so far. We've had Heavy Snow, Hurricane, and (Light) Rain weathers, with a Sunny coming up. Finally after two hours, the group is average level seven, and has alright items. Another hour goes by, they find it too hard to level eventually, and leave. Two come back to the game inside a month, the other two don't come back for two months, and the fifth guy who left first didn't play again for over 3 months.

So, what have we learned by looking at a made-up (probably not though) example of some new guys playing with no experience? Seso shouldn't have inifnite range on heals, (can heal in the Colo!! WTH!!), Weathers need to be nerfed (when you're trying to make new characters and 3 out of the first 5 weathers are Hurricane [has happened] you wouldn't have many people happy about moving at 100MS and attacking once a week), and we need a new revival system on creeps. (You probably already know the revival part, but still, the other 2 still stand.)

Basically: The Goddesses shouldn't be able to affect the whole map (colo is affected by them...wth) and probably just Mount Raithe. (It is Mt. Raithe right?) Also, the Weather needs to be less harmful to heroes, because starting new characters can become impossible.

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

GhostWolf223Date: Sunday, 2010-10-17, 11:01:00 AM | Message # 2
Stage 9
Group: Users
YES! thank you lllol

weather and love need debuff :*(
and posibly some instructions in the opening cut scene explaining where to get house etc...

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

Sandman366Date: Sunday, 2010-10-17, 1:51:17 PM | Message # 3
Stage 9
Maybe something at the beginning, like at the "you can only load once", saying that you must load BEFORE picking, because that isn't clear, and also to hit F9. All of the Quests information needs a cleanup anyway, beginner info's should be put there with something saying to hit F9 to get people to see it. Because most people don't look at it lol.

Seso has been a problem, like, always...with their Aura's being next up, because it means all creeps get Endurance aura until you kill (Troy I think has it) which is a pain.
But the weather can be even more of a problem...because there are 3 chaotic weathers that basically put a pause on the game. Hurricane, Fog, and Heavy Snow. In Normal just about anything but (light) rain, clear, sunny, and grace basically pause the game. You can't move worth a crap, the way that looks like the main way out of town has really hard stuff, and between not being able to do anything from Weather and Seso healing things, the beginning can be impossible.

(On top of that are bugs, like last I knew you can't -repick while dead. Wth is that!?)

Malevolent criminal I,

GhostWolf223Date: Sunday, 2010-10-17, 3:27:44 PM | Message # 4
Stage 9
yea when you pick a character why cant u spawn at tthe fountain?
with troy i hate the endurance it gives max attack/move speed to entire map that with loves heal is just irritating
i think the auras and abilitys should only effect the mountain they are on itself

also istarted new earlier another savior.. i went to kill trolls in rain(light) once about halfway dead (me) weatherchanged to a freakin hurricane
and i died all 3 of my lives... at least put a delay on bad weather in the beggining like 15 minutes before bad weather starts...

Sandman366Date: Sunday, 2010-10-17, 3:58:55 PM | Message # 5
Stage 9
Yeah, Clear should be the most common. Like, it chooses if clear, THEN if it's bad or good, and to a light degree most of the time. Strong weather effects should be very rare. It's been a while since I saw Grace, (week or 2), but I've seen more bad weather than anything.

Malevolent criminal I,

TheLastShaperDate: Sunday, 2010-10-17, 5:40:44 PM | Message # 6
Stage 3
I think the begining weather should a constant clear for 15-20 minutes. Then it randomizes. But seriously, Blizzard, Hurricane, Fog, Hurricane, Fog, Clear, Heavy Snow really makes people hate this game.

GhostWolf223Date: Sunday, 2010-10-17, 7:05:57 PM | Message # 7
Stage 9
ive gotten 4 consecutive hurricanes then a fog and heavy snow then heavy rain......finally i got clear

that was all in one game today :*(

Sandman366Date: Sunday, 2010-10-17, 7:16:45 PM | Message # 8
Stage 9
Wow wolf, that's the worst I've ever heard. Never seen 2 hurricanes back to back.

But yeah, snow, both heavies, fog, and hurricane...can make someone hate the game. It shouldn't be 100% random, it should be mostly clear weather. Never have a snowstorm followed by a hurricane in life do we?

Malevolent criminal I,

valkierDate: Sunday, 2010-10-17, 7:26:52 PM | Message # 9
Webmaster
Group: Administrator
I disagree with that statement. First off, this isn't real life or in any way modeled after it. Secondly, it's the end of the world, it's the fires of CHAOS. Do you know what the definition of chaos is? Here's a few definitions:

1. A condition or place of great disorder or confusion.
2. A disorderly mass; a jumble.
3. often Chaos The disordered state of unformed matter and infinite space supposed in some cosmogonic views to have existed before the ordered universe.
4. Complete disorder ; utter confusion.

The behavior of systems that follow deterministic laws but appear random and unpredictable. Chaotic systems very are sensitive to initial conditions; small changes in those conditions can lead to quite different outcomes. Hence the whole "order" of things and the nice sunny weather being thrown into turmoil. Things are out of order, not acting in expected ways. Abnormal even. It's not supposed to be easy to navigate through a chaotic world or plane of existence.

n00bz4rusDate: Monday, 2010-10-18, 7:00:58 AM | Message # 10
Stage 2
well..if u wan new player to hate this map then go on continue this imba stuff..if u wan this community to grow then u better make this game less rigged than it already is..

thats just my 2 cent.

I'm just your normal weirdo next door.

"There are times when not giving are better than giving"
-???

Sandman366Date: Monday, 2010-10-18, 2:31:41 PM | Message # 11
Stage 9
Quote (valkier)
Secondly, it's the end of the world, it's the fires of CHAOS.

So when 3 of the 5 starting weathers are Hurricane and it's not chaotic yet, how is that the end of the world? Is the weather going to damage players now and affect creeps/bosses?

At the very least make the Normal world nicer. You won't have too many newer players with all of these impossible to play in conditions (like these)
...Seso is constantly healing creeps with strong healing
...Troy is giving them all Endurance Aura
...Deis is giving any mana users Brilliance Aura
...Dark Savior randomly comes around to roflpwn your face (okay that one is kinda funny for some people, but it sucks for them!)
...Really bad weather excessively often, can't move, can't attack, you might as well be paused. Could probably live longer.
...Nobody who's played before, or have no decent characters
...Can't level up due to no warning about needing a house
...The way that looks like the proper way out of town has creeps that roflpwn your face, you even start closest to these
...etc

Malevolent criminal I,

Message edited by Sandman366 - Monday, 2010-10-18, 2:32:28 PM

God_Of_DeathDate: Monday, 2010-10-18, 3:17:44 PM | Message # 12
Stage 7
All these can be fixed by being welcoming to new players and helping them out like the GOOD community you suggest we are.

GhostWolf223Date: Monday, 2010-10-18, 3:26:29 PM | Message # 13
Stage 9
i help them but butbut......they are (as said) noobs, THEY DONT LISTEN TO ME!

biggrin

but as sandman said in that last post you should change those and at least add a tuturial in the opening cinimatic!? pwease..:)

(horrible spelling errors)

ArcusDate: Monday, 2010-10-18, 3:32:45 PM | Message # 14
Stage 1
Yea, I actually think the first 15-20 min should always be Divine grace, it helps newer characters A LOT, and it already seems to have a 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 01 chance of proccing. Also, those trolls are damn OP to a level 1 solo Panda Samurai.
Goddesses randomly raping ur face indirectly, Dark Savior raping ur face directly, and lightning/big bad voodoo wreaks havoc on the group of newbies stuck with level 600 RG attempting to solo the gods.

Sandman366Date: Monday, 2010-10-18, 4:51:27 PM | Message # 15
Stage 9
Lol Arcus, what fool has an RG trying to solo gods? But yeah, Divine Grace used to be more common, now its more rare than something impossible happening. (Which can actually happen, oddly. They just SOUND impossible.)

There are more bad weathers than good weathers, by far. What is it, 6-8 bad and 3 good? (Clear counts as good.) That's just CRAP!

Malevolent criminal I,

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » Goddess of "Love"-Weather of Hate-Despawn (Goddess of Making You Mad-Weather of Evil-No More Creeps)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024