Saturday, 2024-05-18, 5:43:03 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Things Planned or Maybe will be Added
Things Planned or Maybe will be Added
PolarFireDate: Thursday, 2010-01-14, 5:49:08 PM | Message # 16
Stage 1
Group: Users
Quote (darkchaos)
Some Colloseum Thing

In this colloseum-like thing, you can have matches against creatures as solo or a team battle for gold or xp. As you defeat more creatures, you battle ranking goes up and you will be able to fight more powerful creatures. You can also exchange your battle points(which also goes up with battle ranking) for items or gold. You can also have PVP matches here which will raise your pvp ranking, of which I havn't thought of a idea for yet. Also, solo matches are easier but award less gold and xp, while team battles are much harder but award much more gold and xp. I still havn't thought of where to put the collseum though, as i would have to change the terrain to fit it. Maybe put it in the ogre area? I think the size of the town or maybe a little bit less would be good?

Hmm i like this idea tongue u culd also add a monster combination type system onto it...(stolen idea from final fantasy x :P) where you collect essences/souls/tokens from bosses and creeps etc (maybe pvp tokens for various different heroes 2 :S) and use them to make stronger hybrid creeps in the arena :P for lvling and or items:p.. this way killing normal bosses wouldnt be ignored if u added a stronger boss in the colliseum thing with better sets/items :P monster tokens could be stored in same way as platinum and arcadite maybe

Colliseum could go in that space whre gods are (in chaotic world only) as that whole area seems unused in chaotic anyway

Message edited by PolarFire - Thursday, 2010-01-14, 5:51:07 PM

GressklipperDate: Saturday, 2010-01-23, 0:49:00 AM | Message # 17
Stage 1
A weather system would be nice, though if very graphical, it could be annoying.
Imo, you should be able to see it, but it shouldn't be in your way. Changing xp gain, atk speed, damage, armor and hp regen would change the gameplay experience in a positive way, though lowering move speed would only be irritating and another nerf to people without wings who want to lvl.
You could also have a week-system like in Heroes 3, where you got things like week of the badger(day of the badger here?) where certain mobs spawn more/less often, give more/less xp or other things. Perhaps a god has a 50% increase in legendary and rare droprates for that day? (From 0.9% to 1.35% on legendary)

A coliseum type system would be cool, but I wouldn't use too much time to add lots of features to it before seeing how it works.
It might ruin the purpose of the map and be a powerlvling heaven, or it might be deserted and waste of time. Ofc hopefully something in between.
Good idea, I'd like to see it, but systems like that does take a lot of resources to balance and code, does it not?
A pvp area in coliseum would be nice(Have 2 stages, 1 for pvp 1 for creeps?), but I'd drop any pvp rating system if anyone really did think of that.

WhimsicalyukiDate: Tuesday, 2010-02-02, 8:19:17 PM | Message # 18
Stage 5
Quote (darkchaos)
Weather
Every random intervals, from 10 - 20 min, the weather changes. The weather has positive or negative bonuses. For example if its sunny, all player units get +10% move speed, while if its heavy snow, you get a -40% attack speed and -50% move speed. This does not affect creeps. Although, the attack speed will not affect characters with crazy amounts of agility, and the movespeed could be corrected through thanatos's wings. Maybe more powerful weather effects for chaotic world?

this could maybe bring forth some weather changing character? mmm now that i think about it, one of time mage's spells could work around weathers since weathers are temporary thing and time mage can alter time so... yeah i think that could be a good ability for time mage to have since you removed blink... sorry if this seems a bit off-topic but uhmm since you did say you'd add time mage i didn't think it'd be too farfetched since i'm talking about it in respect to the weather

mmmm also this is a question and a suggestion at the same time, would a command to sale or turn bppc and bpac off be one of the things you forgot? or will you be making a better system for that whole thing?

as for XP that'd help a lot in making people more cooperative :P

as for the essences I'm opposed to the idea, because for one thing, it'd make elementalist forever weaker than phoenix ranger in dps since only use for elementalist is tome farming when going against azazoth, and if essences were to be implemented you'd have to make it so you can't gain more than max stats like a cap, not just saved unless you mean essences as savable while keeping the toming system(where elementalist can just farm int until like 2 mil or something and go back to 65.5k) then mmm only thing i'm worried about is the hackers taking advantage of the system and making their max stats become max using that which would be like crazy unfair anyways the point is yuki no like the idea about that type of max stats >_< and from what i can see, neither does most of the people that wrote on here

what would happen if Yuki was a vampire

darkchaosDate: Wednesday, 2010-02-03, 2:50:06 PM | Message # 19
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
this could maybe bring forth some weather changing character mmm now that i think about it, one of time mage's spells could work around weathers since weathers are temporary thing and time mage can alter time so... yeah i think that could be a good ability for time mage to have since you removed blink... sorry if this seems a bit off-topic but uhmm since you did say you'd add time mage i didn't think it'd be too farfetched since i'm talking about it in respect to the weather
THat'd be op since weather affects all players.
mmmm also this is a question and a suggestion at the same time, would a command to sale or turn bppc and bpac off be one of the things you forgot? or will you be making a better system for that whole thing?
Ill just add some sort of command to turn it off/on.
as for the essences I'm opposed to the idea, because for one thing, it'd make elementalist forever weaker than phoenix ranger in dps since only use for elementalist is tome farming when going against azazoth, and if essences were to be implemented you'd have to make it so you can't gain more than max stats like a cap, not just saved unless you mean essences as savable while keeping the toming system(where elementalist can just farm int until like 2 mil or something and go back to 65.5k) then mmm only thing i'm worried about is the hackers taking advantage of the system and making their max stats become max using that which would be like crazy unfair anyways the point is yuki no like the idea about that type of max stats >_< and from what i can see, neither does most of the people that wrote on here
Essences will be as rare as legies, and the save system will not save infinite stats lol... that would make an infinite code :P. Itll just save the highest number of stats an essence provides.

KelorienneDate: Friday, 2010-07-16, 3:54:50 PM | Message # 20
Stage 1
I really just want some variety. Don't make the new heroes or the currently new heroes OP. Right now, if your not a PR, then you are an Elementalist. If your not, then wtf type -repick.

The whole "role" abilities like extra damage taken or dealt, kind of limits the versatility of the character too much. This affects mainly the Royal Guardian. If your alone, you can't kill anything or it takes ages to kill a boss 200 levels lower than you. I think since you are doing item classes, you should remove these abilities and instead subtly add those roles to the characters with their class items. This would cause older heroes to be viable and allows you to give roles to any hero(assuming they are able to use the items of that role). In addition, say your a plate hero that doesn't really want to tank and instead become a melee dps. The person now can by getting plate dps items instead of plate tank items. Same with the high priest(would be a good idea to add at least one damage ability tho)

The ideas are all very good. Thing is, the XP change will not prevent powerleveling. Make it so that if the person who killed the creature is 50 levels higher than you, you get 1/2 normal xp, 100 levels 1/4 xp, and so forth. At 200 level difference, 0% xp.

Now put the information in this post together with second part of this other post by me, so you see the big picture.

"Would be cool to see opposing heroes in team survivor. Like NPC heroes with different roles, some heal and some do damage. They will sometimes go after your healers and sometimes focus fire a player with low hp.

I think that would be REALLY interesting. It would also take some serious coordination if they are around your level.

Speaking of coordination. I think bosses in general should do their own signature abilities. Mainly to make tanks and healers more useful. Maybe some bosses place debuffs that kill or cc's players(unless dispelled by HEALERS) or they do an AOE that people have to move out of, maybe even summon powerful creatures that a tank such as the royal guardian must taunt(omg taunt is useful???) or people will die. I think a PR(or another dps) should still get killed quickly by a boss a few hundred levels lower than him. Only someone that really invests into defence should be able to tank(aka 6 tank items). Also, things like taunt or dispell that have obvious roles, should not be a hero ability, instead, put those ability on core tank/healer items."

Message edited by Kelorienne - Friday, 2010-07-16, 4:17:37 PM

darkchaosDate: Friday, 2010-07-16, 6:05:52 PM | Message # 21
Mapmaker
All good ideas, but I don't wanna change anything to the current version right now, I'll release it once im finished then we can think about what to do later.

TharashkDate: Friday, 2010-07-16, 6:45:37 PM | Message # 22
Stage 1
I really liked the Colosseum idea and it could also be placed in chaos mode where the orcs are in normal mode... cause there is really nothing there at all and its kinda lame.

Also I read someones idea of some bosses only spawning in certain weather conditions which i think for be infinitely koool.

CrescentOceanDate: Thursday, 2010-08-05, 2:15:17 AM | Message # 23
Stage 1
biggest change i would like to see is the update of all the old heroes. Im sure it would take some time but atleast a couple heroes every update would be nice because lets face it almost everyone chooses from tier of lividus. it would be nice to use the heroes we really want without disadvantages.

SageDate: Thursday, 2010-08-05, 5:11:20 AM | Message # 24
Stage 2
Quote (CrescentOcean)
almost everyone chooses from tier of lividus

Im currently playing a Hellspawn, which is not from Lividus tier :P
He is updated tho so im just curious how his ability's turn out later on

bud-bus-Date: Thursday, 2010-08-05, 11:16:54 AM | Message # 25
Lead Moderator
Group: Moderator
Quote (CrescentOcean)
biggest change i would like to see is the update of all the old heroes. Im sure it would take some time but atleast a couple heroes every update would be nice

This has been suggested so many times.. (here I even looked it up: http://pomfoc.ucoz.com/forum/24-832-1 )and this topic should've been closed with the new release..

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

darkchaosDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-08, 9:48:03 PM | Message # 26
Mapmaker
Ss why isn't it?

Locked & Unstickied

Oh wait, it was already locked. lol.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Things Planned or Maybe will be Added
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024