Saturday, 2024-05-18, 7:59:19 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Things Planned or Maybe will be Added
Things Planned or Maybe will be Added
darkchaosDate: Sunday, 2009-12-06, 6:45:56 PM | Message # 1
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
Weather

Every random intervals, from 10 - 20 min, the weather changes. The weather has positive or negative bonuses. For example if its sunny, all player units get +10% move speed, while if its heavy snow, you get a -40% attack speed and -50% move speed. This does not affect creeps. Although, the attack speed will not affect characters with crazy amounts of agility, and the movespeed could be corrected through thanatos's wings. Maybe more powerful weather effects for chaotic world?

Some Colloseum Thing

In this colloseum-like thing, you can have matches against creatures as solo or a team battle for gold or xp. As you defeat more creatures, you battle ranking goes up and you will be able to fight more powerful creatures. You can also exchange your battle points(which also goes up with battle ranking) for items or gold. You can also have PVP matches here which will raise your pvp ranking, of which I havn't thought of a idea for yet. Also, solo matches are easier but award less gold and xp, while team battles are much harder but award much more gold and xp. I still havn't thought of where to put the collseum though, as i would have to change the terrain to fit it. Maybe put it in the ogre area? I think the size of the town or maybe a little bit less would be good?

XP

Possibly redisign the XP system so you do not lose XP as a group, and cannot get XP if a monster is 50 levels higher than you?

Essence and Stats

You can upgrade your stats with the + tomes for only up a limit. Then you have to buy a more powerful tome that +'s up your stats even more but is more expensive. This follows into the chaotic world, but it can only go up to a limit. Your stats can even be more further increased through a essence that has about 1.8% chance to drop from a chaotic boss. This has a higher limit to increase your stats. More powerful bosses drop more powerful essences that give a more higher + to stats and have a higher limit. Of course, this means stat maxixmum of saving is increased. Essences from the bosses of str, agi, and int will also drop. For example:
------------------------------------------
Pure Essence of Abyssal Monster
Gives + 7,500 to all stats. Cannot upgrade stats higher than 60,000.
Pure Essence of Azazoth
Gives + 42,500 to all stats. Cannot upgrade stats higher than 760,000.
Strength Essence of Abyssal Monster
Gives + 12,500 to all strength. Cannot upgrade strength higher than 60,000.

None of these are final, just an idea i had.

I wanted to put something more in, but I have a headache atm and can't think straight, will update more as I remember what i wanted to put in.

bud-bus-Date: Sunday, 2009-12-06, 7:43:22 PM | Message # 2
Lead Moderator
Group: Moderator
Quote (darkchaos)
None of these are final, just an idea i had.

Does that mean our community can have a say for changing/buffing/nerfing some of these ideas? -- If so, the only problem I have is:
Quote (darkchaos)
cannot get XP if a monster is 50 levels higher than you?

Could you lower the demons to level 200? That way your going from items from normal world with a max item lvl of 100, into chaos with a minimum item lvl of 200, and then change the other monsters accordingly..or use this: demons (200), horrors (300), despairs (350), voids (450), hell (550), d. existences (650), astral (800).
Reason for despairs only being 50 levels above horrors: they are right next to one another, and the items are not that huge of a change (except that horrors don't have a stat item..), but it's your call. cool
EDIT: I SEE YOU! -- Forum is being viewed by : darkchaos, bud-bus-

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

HellishProphetDate: Sunday, 2009-12-06, 9:44:00 PM | Message # 3
Stage 2
Group: Users
I think this may take a little more than a month. This is almost an entirely do map XD.

Quote (darkchaos)
Weather

Every random intervals, from 10 - 20 min, the weather changes. The weather has positive or negative bonuses. For example if its sunny, all player units get +10% move speed, while if its heavy snow, you get a -40% attack speed and -50% move speed. This does not affect creeps. Although, the attack speed will not affect characters with crazy amounts of agility, and the movespeed could be corrected through thanatos's wings. Maybe more powerful weather effects for chaotic world?

I like the weather affecting heroes, but maybe the average winter shouldnt be as drastic as -40%, maybe save that for "blizzard"?. But all in all, awesome idea. Id love to see it in action. It would add tons of dynamic to the game. Boss raiding would actually have to planned.

Side-Note: Come to think of it, maybe having certain *special* bosses spawn during certain *special* rare weather conditions(i.e. - u wont see a Leggy Crystalline Ice Demon unless its a sever blizzard). Idk, that just spawned in my head.

Weather Controlling Boss Possibly??

Quote (darkchaos)
Some Colloseum Thing

In this colloseum-like thing, you can have matches against creatures as solo or a team battle for gold or xp. As you defeat more creatures, you battle ranking goes up and you will be able to fight more powerful creatures. You can also exchange your battle points(which also goes up with battle ranking) for items or gold. You can also have PVP matches here which will raise your pvp ranking, of which I havn't thought of a idea for yet. Also, solo matches are easier but award less gold and xp, while team battles are much harder but award much more gold and xp. I still havn't thought of where to put the collseum though, as i would have to change the terrain to fit it. Maybe put it in the ogre area? I think the size of the town or maybe a little bit less would be good?

This would satisfy the PvP urge that so many wish for. And im friends/beta tester for Oblivion(maker of Oblivion ORPG) and he made a "Colosseum-like" thing exactly like what your talking about and it turned out quite liked. But his is almost basic: not changing depending on how many heroes r in there as a team or not, but there is 50 lvls of creeps in there. Making a more complex and rewarding one than his will be one of the better features of the game. The only thing i fear for is, like most maps with this, the PvP/Colosseum/Arena items are 300x better than the Best Boss items. I sincerely hope that is avoided.

Suggestion: Add in Hero/Captain creeps on certain waves. Or just plain give certain rounds an aura.

Question: When you enter, would you choose between Normal/Chaos Rounds or would it be based off world change?

Quote (darkchaos)
XP

Possibly redisign the XP system so you do not lose XP as a group, and cannot get XP if a monster is 50 levels higher than you?

A simple fact of making exp triggered, wont be too hard for you to do.

Added (12.07.2009, 6:25 Am)
---------------------------------------------
sorry for the double post but post was too long

Quote (darkchaos)
Essence and Stats

You can upgrade your stats with the + tomes for only up a limit. Then you have to buy a more powerful tome that +'s up your stats even more but is more expensive. This follows into the chaotic world, but it can only go up to a limit. Your stats can even be more further increased through a essence that has about 1.8% chance to drop from a chaotic boss. This has a higher limit to increase your stats. More powerful bosses drop more powerful essences that give a more higher + to stats and have a higher limit. Of course, this means stat maximum of saving is increased. Essences from the bosses of str, agi, and int will also drop. For example:

Hmmm, im iffy on this one. I like the fact that it limits stats into segments. I makes sure a lvl 1 cant be tomed to max stats(like Ive seen before) and gives those who have grudged all the way to those 2-hours-between-level lvls(900+) get these nice huge max stat boosts. But idk if i like raising the base stat max past 250,000. Not only would that require an even bigger save system change, but this is a game about items. Where the heroes are made based on item combinations and abilities. IF the base stats are higher than 250k(or even 100k), that would take a load off of the jump between the need between higher items. And it would make tanks out of everything. +1mill stats adds 50mill hp and 333k armor(if i remember correctly). With the new item system dark plans to add which adds so much specific combinations, and soo much base stats would (again) take weight off items. Meaning even if you went pure dps or int, you could still tank hardcore even minus the bonuses you already get from your set.

If anything, 250k or less max base stats.

Added (12.07.2009, 6:44 Am)
---------------------------------------------
(or out of all ironicness - make it 333k so you'd get exactly 100k armor and 16.6k hp - pretty baseline)

On US East: Fatmandown

lvl 999 RG: +5 Wings, 2 Astral Armors, 1 Legion Armor, 1 Leggy R.o.E., Sphere of Az

lvl 998 Priest: +4 Wings, 1 Astral Armors, 1 Legion Armor, 1 Rare R.o.E., 1 DS +2

lvl 970 Shadown Ele: +5 wings, leggy ace

Message edited by HellishProphet - Sunday, 2009-12-06, 9:43:40 PM

valkierDate: Sunday, 2009-12-06, 11:27:47 PM | Message # 4
Webmaster
Group: Administrator
Dark, I would ask that max stat's saved be kept or barely increased. It's crazy strong already. Also, perhaps making the map larger, to accommodate everything and add more?

bud-bus-Date: Sunday, 2009-12-06, 11:53:45 PM | Message # 5
Lead Moderator
Quote (valkier)
Also, perhaps making the map larger, to accommodate everything and add more?

Yeah this would would be cool, or rearrange things, so you can have more area to put units cool

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

KrazyFruitDate: Monday, 2009-12-07, 7:10:12 AM | Message # 6
Stage 4
I didnt like the sound of weather effect negative sound x) But yeah, its gonna take planning then. The xp thing would stop peeps from Plevel which is pretty nice.

Overall, looks like we got to wait an additional month then ^^. Good luck with it smile

the_ButlerDate: Monday, 2009-12-07, 2:37:16 PM | Message # 7
Stage 1
I love the weather idea. It makes a lot of sense and does not seem too hard to implement.

I like the Colosseum idea since we all know PvP is just lame anyway.

I think the EXP rate needs to be fixed so you don't go down to 20% at level 500 in chaos without a Satan's Adobe >.>
Then when you do get a Satans Adobe, its only 50%

God_Of_DeathDate: Monday, 2009-12-07, 3:15:05 PM | Message # 8
Stage 7
Maybe a new home 20% above satan's abode to make things better?

Colosseum sounds like a sweet idea though balancings gonna take awhile.

Weather could be interesting if you make chaos mode weather too.

Essences sound like a great idea as well.

bud-bus-Date: Tuesday, 2009-12-08, 7:54:50 PM | Message # 9
Lead Moderator
Quote (the_Butler)
I think the EXP rate needs to be fixed so you don't go down to 20% at level 500 in chaos without a Satan's Adobe >.>
Then when you do get a Satans Adobe, its only 50%

Just a thought: weather - Rainbow: doubles you exp rate cool

riotdDate: Tuesday, 2009-12-08, 9:29:03 PM | Message # 10
Stage 2
All that sounds very promising and will be very nice when added!

PrincessParanoiaDate: Sunday, 2009-12-13, 6:41:15 AM | Message # 11
Stage 4
Quote (bud-bus-)
Just a thought: weather - Rainbow: doubles you exp rate cool

Hime-chi likes this! The rainbow will also add another awesome factor to the game! Yami-dono can make this a thing of the gods in the first world... But will this also work in the Chaotic world? I mean, the gods are already dead so who will make the rainbows? confused

[Princess Paranoia] .......<3....... Sumtyms n lyf,
if u wana do sumthin' good, u gota do sumthin' bad.

God_Of_DeathDate: Sunday, 2009-12-13, 10:03:54 AM | Message # 12
Stage 7
The Chaotic Gods although rainbows don't really fit in with chaos.

comando123Date: Monday, 2009-12-21, 8:10:53 PM | Message # 13
Stage 1
i dont mind the weather thing but in the past ive played other games where the weather effects caused a good deal of lag if implemented please allow the players to choose weather or not to see the weather effects

xXIllidanXxDate: Monday, 2010-01-11, 3:39:18 PM | Message # 14
Stage 1
Quote (darkchaos)
Weather

Will this affect creeps aswell?

darkchaosDate: Monday, 2010-01-11, 4:23:44 PM | Message # 15
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
Will this affect creeps aswell?

Read the statement again.
Every random intervals, from 10 - 20 min, the weather changes. The weather has positive or negative bonuses. For example if its sunny, all player units get +10% move speed, while if its heavy snow, you get a -40% attack speed and -50% move speed.This does not affect creeps. Although, the attack speed will not affect characters with crazy amounts of agility, and the movespeed could be corrected through thanatos's wings. Maybe more powerful weather effects for chaotic world?

i dont mind the weather thing but in the past ive played other games where the weather effects caused a good deal of lag if implemented please allow the players to choose weather or not to see the weather effects
If this does indeed lag, I'll implement a solution in the version followng this one.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Things Planned or Maybe will be Added
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024