Saturday, 2024-05-18, 10:23:46 AM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Preventing Exp Gain for Low Levels in Chaos
Preventing Exp Gain for Low Levels in Chaos
TrueShadowDate: Friday, 2009-11-06, 4:47:30 PM | Message # 1
Stage 10
Group: Administrator
Since CoT is really two maps in one, PoM and FoC, I suggest preventing players that are under level 300 from gaining any exp at all in chaos mode. This will ensure people will actually enjoy the map. I'm sure some people will complain that there is very little games that stay in PoM. However, I'm working on getting more bot hosts to do low tier games.

Message edited by Kevvin - Friday, 2009-11-06, 4:50:48 PM

ace_of_spadezDate: Friday, 2009-11-06, 4:58:16 PM | Message # 2
Stage 4
Group: Users
i must admit i am torn on this desicision... Because i love pleveling but it makes it so people get to enjoy the game... some people may still rush so may i suggest if theirs anybody below 300 making final world stopper thing invulnerable till everybody in game is a 300+?

IHateWC3Date: Friday, 2009-11-06, 5:06:22 PM | Message # 3
Stage 1
Group: Blocked
Why not just split it into two maps. Both having the same internal parts (items, characters, save/load codes, etc) just one is strictly bound to PoM and the other starts in FoC. That way you can have the 300 level minimum to play in FoC and players can find PoM games easily

KySotoDate: Friday, 2009-11-06, 5:28:38 PM | Message # 4
Sub mod.
imo, ihatewc3's idea is utterly terrible. if you start splitting the map like that... well yeah. it will get irritating fast because then no one will ever really host PoM AND DC would have to do twice as much work doing his updates twice.
on the point of no xp befor 300 in chaos... idk... it just seems like a crappy idea but i cant think of any good arguements at this point in time, mostly because im half starved waiting to goto my dads house for dinner. i might think of something to say after that.

HitmanDate: Friday, 2009-11-06, 5:43:12 PM | Message # 5
Stage 3
Yea...well...couple what ifs...what if u recruit ur friend and dont want to w8 for them to get to your lvl? (plvling them in PoM would be useless because you get next to no exp there now) what if somebody goes into chaos while ur still lvling? what if we do take that invurnable thing and someone starts new...that would ruin the game for the high lvls..getting rid of the exp for under 300's in chaos would destroy the game because a lot of ppl arnt like kevvin, like me some of them are just too impatient or dont have the time to get to 300 on there own (but im trying to make a new completely my own savior :P) and some others are hyped up 7 year olds on Mnt. Dew so that would get rid of them too, making no exp in chaos for under 300 would get rid of most of the casual players who dont have the time or patience to get to 300 everytime they start new.

Message edited by Hitman - Friday, 2009-11-06, 5:44:29 PM

KySotoDate: Friday, 2009-11-06, 5:52:49 PM | Message # 6
Sub mod.
that sounds pretty much it. basicly your going to turn into tight wads like all the other rpgs that no one really likes to play.

ace_of_spadezDate: Friday, 2009-11-06, 6:27:12 PM | Message # 7
Stage 4
i must agree with kysoto only reason i like cot is big numbers on stats + freedom to do whatever you want i wouldnt mind a backpack option to switch up gear wink but Please no classification at the very least that would turn me off of cot in a hurry.

SondemonDate: Friday, 2009-11-06, 7:00:34 PM | Message # 8
Stage 1
Imo, I've plvled a few of my chars in pom before going into foc, and it takes me some time gathering some packs of taurens + ogres together but then i can plvl to 300+ within minutes if i chose to, also top right corner is kickass for plvling. i see no problem in lowering exp gain in foc for <300 players

Sondemon - Sweden
Phoenix Ranger, lvl 920+
Also play WoW @ Jaedenar (For the Horde!)
That is all

IHateWC3Date: Friday, 2009-11-06, 7:15:42 PM | Message # 9
Stage 1
Group: Blocked
Quote (KySoto)
imo, ihatewc3's idea is utterly terrible. if you start splitting the map like that... well yeah. it will get irritating fast because then no one will ever really host PoM AND DC would have to do twice as much work doing his updates twice.
on the point of no xp befor 300 in chaos... idk... it just seems like a crappy idea but i cant think of any good arguements at this point in time, mostly because im half starved waiting to goto my dads house for dinner. i might think of something to say after that.

there's no difference in how much PoM will be played. Just that people will know if a game is going to be in chaotic world or PoM so they don't waste time joining games. When i host the game i go where I want to go. If i'm low level i kick people who are going for chaotic and if i'm high level then i go straight to chaotic. I doubt many hosts sit arround on their butt in PoM waiting for low levels to level up when they want to level up/hunt for items for their high level characters. Also warcraft 3 has exporting and importing functions for triggers/data/objects etc. Not all that much more work

HitmanDate: Friday, 2009-11-06, 7:25:05 PM | Message # 10
Stage 3
Quote (Sondemon)
Imo, I've plvled a few of my chars in pom before going into foc, and it takes me some time gathering some packs of taurens + ogres together but then i can plvl to 300+ within minutes if i chose to, also top right corner is kickass for plvling. i see no problem in lowering exp gain in foc for <300 players

Both those ways are good for plvling...but in my experience once u get a big group they die away because ur standing on there corpses as u kill them so u ahve fewer creeps or the groups get closer an closer and til its one big pile and they all die out. As for the top right it is a good place to level but its too closely confined so im constantly losing the creeps when i go up there.

Message edited by Hitman - Friday, 2009-11-06, 7:25:17 PM

SondemonDate: Friday, 2009-11-06, 7:45:47 PM | Message # 11
Stage 1
Quote (Hitman)
Both those ways are good for plvling...but in my experience once u get a big group they die away because ur standing on there corpses as u kill them so u ahve fewer creeps or the groups get closer an closer and til its one big pile and they all die out. As for the top right it is a good place to level but its too closely confined so im constantly losing the creeps when i go up there.

That's why you're a PR, leave your crit items in town and dont skill the crit talent, pure dmg with multi shot = oneshot any mob you hit smile

Sondemon - Sweden
Phoenix Ranger, lvl 920+
Also play WoW @ Jaedenar (For the Horde!)
That is all

Ch1ll-0ut-NoobDate: Friday, 2009-11-06, 8:12:46 PM | Message # 12
Stage 1
bad idea keep it the same please

WhimsicalyukiDate: Saturday, 2009-11-07, 12:57:57 PM | Message # 13
Stage 5
i don't know, i really like the whole unable to plvl thing >_< because plvls ruin the game for a lot of people, and a lot of people agree to go to chaos because of plvls and leave since they can't do anything themselves.. >_< i think there should be some way to keep it so that low level people aren't like cheated from their fun

what would happen if Yuki was a vampire

God_Of_DeathDate: Saturday, 2009-11-07, 1:01:39 PM | Message # 14
Stage 7
Group: Moderator
I usually get to chaos mode by myself before lvl 300 so I kind of hate this idea.

WhimsicalyukiDate: Saturday, 2009-11-07, 1:12:16 PM | Message # 15
Stage 5
leveling upto 300 isnt' too hard though snipy, so why not? and the lowest level restriction on chaotic items are 300 anyways.. so kind of useless to go to chaos prior to level 300

what would happen if Yuki was a vampire

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Preventing Exp Gain for Low Levels in Chaos
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024