Saturday, 2024-05-18, 1:52:33 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Some ideas and hero suggestions (Title = self explanatory?)
Some ideas and hero suggestions
SoiDate: Friday, 2011-07-01, 5:50:28 AM | Message # 1
Stage 1
Group: Users
- First off, hey guys, I'm new here and I decided to make my own account since its the only way to voice my opinion, though I tend to lean on the more OP side of the discussion rather than the balanced part since eh... the moment i went to chaos side of the game I thought MAN my hero sux, and since I'm a total teapot I tried looking for heroes (with the intent to play peacefully in chaos) that will suit proper survivability with proper kill rate. Meaning my hero needed to have a kill skill and a survivability skill. The savior is probably the best i found with his bash (survivability) and his TClap (kill skill), but then I found that blood elf fanatic, and thought WOW now THATS a hero I'd wanna play but to my dismay, as it always is, the cake was a lie!! (his bash wasnt 25%, yes I knew it would be op but thats the only useful skill he has, no srsly his endurance skill gives a max of what, +2x str?, crit can be better with crit fury and last but not least, reincarnation, which I think is most useless of them all.) dang that was a long thought bubble but moving on, I realize not all heroes are updated but some of them seem to have either false skill desc or not enough info to go on soo i just went and tried most of those that piqued my interest aaand heres what I found.

*Note: test subjects is the goddess that heals, I think its deis? or was it seso, i forgot.*

- Master Rogue back stab is mostly useless, Savior Tclap does a ton more DPM than a full backstab MR, which makes me think backstab is either broken or this cake is another lie (supposed to deal x.x agi to monster but it doesnt seem to show.) Ehh yeah maybe its just me not noticing it but i have 2x thousand agi, it SHOULD show right? Moreover, backstabbing alone is hard as hell since bosses change target often which makes this skill a bit hard to use, specifically when you take more than normal damage.

- Phoenix Ranger flaming bow, I dont see the skill when its leveled up, idk why o.o; but I do see the damage it adds, which isnt much, I propose a pure damage kinda thing as in it does a permanent 500 damage per hit on max level that ignores armor which i suspect would be 15 in chaos since I hear they take 3% of all dmg or something, not very sure at this time... For that I apologize.

- Arcane Warrior seems the best hero to use when you first read it but uh, 1xS 1xA 1xI damage which isnt aoe falls a bit behind PR/MR even with their difficulty of usage, since thats a castable skill if I'm not mistaken, and it does have cooldown, overall Savior > all 3 atm, stuns, crits, teleports, and can go spell immune, total powerhouse if you ask me, not to mension his 4x str TClap, gotta love this hero. Which actually brings me to my main point... which Ill be posting next?

Added (2011-07-01, 5:27:18 Am)
---------------------------------------------
- [New Hero] Fade Warrior (Taken from Dragon Age meaning this is a buffed version of AW)
- [History] The impact of the goddess' death brought about chaos in this world, some did not survive and some were forced to harden themselves in order to survive, but one peculiar being did neither... This being was called here by the death of the old gods that once governed this world, a being of neither fantasy nor reality. The Fade Warrior comes to this world bringing hope with him.

- PF Cloth - Sword [attack range is melle ]
- Has the innate skill to block 20% of all damage
- Takes only 80% of all damage but has perma 0 armor (meaning a skill will give -0.3 armor per agi point including bonus points.)
- Main attribute : Inteligence (Why? Because stats have caps and Int heroes benefit from str AND agi, while neither of the two benefit from actually having max int, Its plain useless to them, unless theres a skill in which the mana cost goes up per point of main attribute, in which case, DANG I'll eat all the tomes i can for that!)

- Skill 1a - Versatility [ Description ] - The Fade Warrior waits for a chance to strike an enemy's weak spot (Used to have a very long description but if it was that long, I thought that there wouldnt be enough space to show what it really does =x)

- Skill 1b - Versatility : has a 6% chance to deal 1x str + 1x agi + 2x int additional damage per hit. has 3 levels (2%,4% and 6%, this is much like MR's 50x crits but stat based =x)

- Skill 2a - Void Step [ Description ] : The Fade Warrior having a ridiculous amount of knowledge and experience moves so quickly that she (or he, doesnt really matter but there really arent many female heroes right? Most are male or have unknown genders, yeah I know they sound male which makes it worse, but some are sheeps or worms which invokes a pleasant sensation of variety... something like that xD) not only has the ability to walk on thin air, but also leaves afterimages.

- Skill 2b- Void Step : has 20% chance to evade incoming blows in which case leaves an after image that lasts for 3 seconds, has 100% life and does 50% damage. (Okay so, not that the attack gets a miss, id surely love to see that hapen but what actually happens is that you become invisible when this is triggered, which makes the monster hit your clone instead, and yes it may become annoying because your hero will stop attacking aswell, but hey, now you can run away so its actually pretty useful... right? ) Has 3 levels, 6%, 13%, 20%. The effect intended is much like the dopel walk that Phantom Lancer has (DoTA) cept it gets triggered.

- Ultimate Skill - Hemophelia [ Description ] : The Fade Warrior has a blood disorder that causes her natural regeneration to cease functioning, but a conquered disadvantage is a powerful advantage, or so she says, and so with each hit, the Fade Warrior removes 1 armor pont from the enemy (stacks) that lasts for 40 seconds. The intended effect is the passive attack of a blood tower from Vampirism Fire.

- Ill let dc decide the rest since I havnt really seen any good female hero model.

- In any case, as the description suggests, shes a special hero, a very special one at that. I was thinking somewhere along the lines of having the need to "Unlock" her since she actually comes AFTER the goddesses are DEAD soo... we can make it so you have to buy an item from the evil shop keeper that has somewhat of a repick effect but gives you her as your new hero. Or we could have the pillar show up when chaos is initiated, and just repick and get her, but as a lvl 1 I think thats a bit painful xD but then again, you can always save and join a new game o.o; Ahwell Either or, since I have zero luck in finding that evil shopkeeper, I dont think I'd ever be able to get her but still, the idea is out there =x

Added (2011-07-01, 5:27:48 Am)
- Okay so, the hero suggestion is done, theres the case of uhh, random ideas and thoughs that I really want to address =x

- 1, the backpack! Is there any reason as to why anything in the backpack doesnt get saved? I mean the extra 6 slots would be oh so very helpful. =x
- 1.2, the backpack again! Auras, and other stuff dont work for it but then its a backpack right? But shouldnt an aura still be spewing out of it? I mean it IS an aura right? xD
- 1.3, yep its the backpack again~ if 1.2 gets accepted, then that must mean gem of true sight will work for the backpack aswell right? Thatd be a huge improvement xD. I mean its counted as a hero (F2) soo...

- 2, quest problems! there are quests that either dont finish or I'm just too dang noob to finish, like the sasquatch quest, where youre suppose to turn in the sassy brawler but it wont let you, or the widows ring (it might just be that i dont know for xit where the darn husband's grave is). Anywho, thats that.

- 3.1, rank 3 bases (god base/ grand cathedral), I use them soo... umm, I think it might be better if the skills for the god base be put in a single book, as in you click it and you pick what skills you wanna use, unless theres some hidden trick to that box, then please someone tich meh =x
- 3.2, rank 3 bases again! They dont have farm builders!!!! Or was that intentional? I mean yeah I suppose you CAN remedy that by getting a slave (abandoned peasant) from the city, provided you can get that little sucker into your base! xD

- 4, Mannoroth innate skill seems to be missing, I wouldve used him if the skill does what i think it does. Which means I can just tele anywhere with god aura and summon my units, which means instant access to god mines lalalalala and bases... As in that slave can now be safely transported~

- Holy friggin crud that was long....

Added (2011-07-01, 5:50:28 Am)
- I thought up of another history for the Fade Warrior... Since it seems I cant sleep unless I get it out, I'd have put it in a notepad but I thought why not post it? Soo here...

- [ History] Gods are immortal and therefore can not truly be slain. The old gods of this world had been defeated and their souls are now in a deep slumber. Be as it may, they are still gods who protected these lands for countless centuries, and so in an effort to defend the land agaisnt the chaos... they proceeded to dream about a hero that will save the land from chaos, and with their combined will, the Fade Warrior is born. A being of neither fantasy nor reality.

- Yep I think this sounds better than the original history but then again thats just me, feel free to use whichever history you see fit =x

GhostWolf223Date: Friday, 2011-07-01, 6:33:12 AM | Message # 2
Stage 9
i read like 4 sentences

but

for Backstab to clap damage

clap ignores armor, backstab does not.

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

SoiDate: Friday, 2011-07-01, 7:21:32 AM | Message # 3
Stage 1
- Doesnt magic always ignore armor? o.o; clap doesnt damage units with spell immunity and therefore is considered magic, was my hypothesis since those magnataurs wouldnt get hurt with my Tclap =x

Added (2011-07-01, 7:21:32 Am)
- Also, if what you said is true then I guess she isnt too OP then, or maybe she is... gah, howmuch armor can you take down over 40 seconds? xD I dont know how many hits there is per second with max aspd soo i wouldnt know but with the kill skill and the ulti skill, she should be quite formidable. Unless its pvp where people have a xit load of armor xD then shed be a bit hard to use since she wouldnt have any.

GhostWolf223Date: Friday, 2011-07-01, 7:29:18 AM | Message # 4
Stage 9
pretty sure its 7hps her posion also ignores armor :P

Sandman366Date: Friday, 2011-07-01, 10:31:08 AM | Message # 5
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
Something that can tank very well AND go on a killing spree on a whim is likely to be called overpowered by many people here. People with late items can kill most things in the map and still hold their own.
Magic ignores armor AMOUNT, and I don't think anything currently in the game ignores armor TYPE.
PHYSICAL attacks pay attention to amount, magical/spell/nonphysical doesn't look at it.
Flaming Bow maxes at level 25 with +5 million damage, it's just a bit slow at first. A PR in the 400s can solo the goddesses, I've done it.
Savior's most useful skill in my opinion is his Blink, get around the entire map in seconds.
Arcane Warrior is more of a tank, not a DPS, but it is slightly hybrid-ish.

Didn't read much of the hero description, sorry, too many words. Sum it up into what the effect is please so I can just scan through.

1.1: They haven't decided to let the backpack save, that's why. Yes it's a bit dumb and yes I'm sure most of us would like it to but it doesn't. (Yet, anyway, they will soon I hope)
1.2: Backpack cannot use ANY items, it's not allowed to. How dumb would that be to give it a bunch of supporting items and make yourself one way and have the backpack heal you? It's a backpack not another full-fledged hero. Yes, it technically counts as a hero. I think that's just so you can hit F2 for a hotkey.
1.3: Yes, this is the ONE I might agree with, but why do you need it? Sight range? In Normal World, just get a Castle of the Gods. The only real reason you'd need this is Chaotic World, and it would be useless still. Most of the time you're not out at night, and it's useless during the day.
2.1: Most of the quests really aren't worth finishing after a while. The widow's ring is just a 4k damage item, but if you must know, it's this place with a bunch of graves around this large stalagmite like thing. It's near the big level 18 purple guys, hard to describe where exactly. Just north of town, just after you run into them, it's not much further.
3.1: This could be useful but I only use like 3 of them, and one of them is very rare to use. Eye for vision, storm when I need help killing something/am lazy and it can help, and tornado to raise the World Power to get Aura of Life.
3.2: You don't need to get the dumb slave into your base, and it's easy anyway. Build some farms around town then zepplin him to base, it's quite simple really.
4.1: You think Mannoroth is the only one with problems? He's not the only one with a description that talks about something the hero doesn't have. Battlemage for instance: his worldwide blink is awesome, his casts are crap, and his crit is nice-but his description says he has mana shield. The only other skill he has is an innate 20% evade!

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

SoiDate: Friday, 2011-07-01, 12:34:11 PM | Message # 6
Stage 1
- lol, for the backpack having items I meant just the auras, doesn't need to cast or anything but yeah I see what u mean.

- Idk, I think shes pretty well made but thats just me, would like more input. But as you said, late game items let you do pretty much what I intended to do. Btw, I solod the gods when my savior was 14X, with 19k str. Didnt have much trouble, killed deis, took her item teled to town for heals, then killed another and did the same thing. By the time I had to kill the last goddess, I was strong enough to kill her without healing, my final items were aura of gods, savior armor and sword, medean curse, sassy brawler and that boss lightning shield you get from tri mage. I guess ill stay in normal world and tome till I get enough str to kill the stuff in chaos that matters, till then I see no point in going to chaos to level as I can do that in infinite struggle. Ill post more when my head stops hurting xD.

Sandman366Date: Friday, 2011-07-01, 12:39:54 PM | Message # 7
Stage 9
Aura of the Gods-always good before heading to Chaotic world.
Savior Armor-Beats most Demon armors, I remember keeping it once until finally swapping for Void. Robe sucks for armor :P
Great Savior's Sword: I find this useless, personally. Iron Golem Fist all day long :P
Medean Curse: Does this even work for Savior? I know the buff shows up but last I tried the armor reduction didn't actually work....
Sassy Brawler: Don't care for it myself. I'd prefer Crit Fury or IGF, lower crit damage but WAY more common (&other stats in IGF's case)
Lightning Shield: Good for spell reduce, that's about it...

Before you had Aura, what did you have? Personally I like to get Broken God's Scepter from Evil Shopkeeper. Aura of Knowledge's blink but 1k stats and 500 damage, if I remember correctly. Kinda like a weak "Aura of Gods".

Backpack can't use ANY items, because if it could that'd be kinda lame. People would just max out it's int and then have it be casting Legion Ring so they can keep their OP hero gear and still be able to use Legion Ring lol.

Malevolent criminal I,

bud-bus-Date: Friday, 2011-07-01, 6:55:18 PM | Message # 8
Lead Moderator
Quote (Sandman366)
Aura of the Gods-always good before heading to Chaotic world.

Not always. For the PR you want to have god's broken scepter (for tele) & just use the 4k armor and 2k agi (aura of love). With those 2 items on the PR + fist, mino axe (or curse), ogre (bash), and either savior's armor, lightning shield, or da dingo's...

Anyways, you don't want a tank hero with a lot of passives. Makes it very boring (e.g. Royal Guardian) I would like to see a creative tank though...I might make a hero suggestion soon o.O

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

Sandman366Date: Friday, 2011-07-01, 7:32:30 PM | Message # 9
Stage 9
Aura of Gods is better in any way I can think of. Better stats, and with PR's +10% damage, it's more damage. If you want you can get aura of love on top of that. Personally I'd go god's aura, IGF, mino axe, savior armor, ulti ogre, and the last depends on the situation. Probably another +4k damage item, unless it's normal world, then it'd be Medean Curse to make goddesses faster.
Quote (bud-bus-)
Anyways, you don't want a tank hero with a lot of passives. Makes it very boring (e.g. Royal Guardian)

I think just about any mostly-passive hero can get very boring. PR can be very boring, it's just sit there and kill everything until you need to move.
Quote (bud-bus-)
I would like to see a creative tank though..

There is one, Arcane Warrior. No AoE, but has a heal and a stun/attack skill.

Malevolent criminal I,

GhostWolf223Date: Friday, 2011-07-01, 7:52:38 PM | Message # 10
Stage 9
passive heroes are the best <3 lol

bash/crit/rein/evasion/??? any hero with all that is impossible to kill :P

(runic smile )

SoiDate: Friday, 2011-07-01, 8:35:44 PM | Message # 11
Stage 1
- Yep im a big fan of passives, the more the better ... anyways, the idea here isnt really a tank, yeah she only recieves 80% of the damage but shes perma 0 armor as in shes not suppose to be able to get more than 0, which means there is no damage reduction aside from that 20% less damage recieve, I thought with that shed die pretty often as she wouldnt be able to get any other reduction than this, meaning shes not really a tank, shes an int killer that debilitates enemy bosses with that ulti skill of hers, unless its not possible =x

- As for the backpack issue, I just want it to be able to use a gem of true sight, cause its srsly annoying to have to exchange a good item for a true sight slot, but thats just me >.<

Sandman366Date: Friday, 2011-07-01, 9:46:55 PM | Message # 12
Stage 9
Why do you NEED truesight? There's very very little you'd need it for...

You might think perma 0 armor is nice, but you'll NEED armor from items. ABSOLUTE REQUIREMENT. EVEN IF you take 80% damage, Chaotic Beings still deal 325x damage. Thus you'd take 260x damage. Say the thing has..oh....300k damage (that's somewhere around Legion I think). That means you'd take 78m damage. So unless you've got INSANELY high HP, then you'd get killed before you could even see them. You'd REQUIRE a tank because you'd die from just about EVERYTHING! (In fact, I don't think you could even visit Azazoth. He'd probably kill you the second you showed up.)

And yes passive guys are nice but they get boring! It's just sit there and WAIT for something to die, or hope that the %chance to happen gives an average higher than the number it shows. I saw a test once where this guy tried seeing how many times Evasion actually went off with certain %s to evade, and lower numbers helped a bit lower than they showed. Meanwhile HIGH numbers (like 99%) were a bit above what they said. (It was 99 point something something somesuch.)

Malevolent criminal I,

SoiDate: Sunday, 2011-07-03, 0:57:07 AM | Message # 13
Stage 1
- Well, its gotta have a down side rite? The only armor youll be getting (since I think that shes a bit strong) are the ones from items, probably, so its gonna be 0 + the armor you get from the items, since shes not meant to be a tank, meaning shes the aux killer thats gotta have good armor stuffs in order to survive, her main point wasnt really damage but her ulti skill, thats what I actually made her for =x Shes like a medean curse but takes a while to get 1k, and is not limited to getting only 1k, its going to depend on howmuch armor you can whittle within your capabilities, which means as the battle goes on, the more armor you remove from the mob, the easier it is to kill it. Plus she only still has 3 skills, dont most chars have 4? I mean all aside from Arcane Warrior, which I think is going to get fixed... maybe? xD

- I just dont like the idea that some of the new dps chars actually get more damage normally than other chars do which means they die much much easier in chaos than they normally do soo I rejected the idea of me maxing out a PR or a MR, the savior or the RG were my final choices but I thought the RG was a bit bland, I had to have a skill in which I can rely on for leveling up, which was Savior's TClap, which is why I play a Savior atm.

- As for the true sight on the backpack, It takes me several hours of walking through the whole map repeatedly just to find the evil shop keeper since he friggin moves around and is a wee bit transparent (meaning I need to use my hero since my tell that I'm close by is when I have an arrow and it gives me a sound that I'm close by a shop ), I then gotta lose a slot for that gem that does absolutely nothing =x As note though, in 13 games I only found that tard 2 times xD The most painful part is that on those 2 times I NEVER knew about the crit fury (rigged item) sooooo.... yeah now Im desperate to find that tard for the crits. Btw, does crit fury save? Cause itd be pretty painful having to look for him over and over and over =x

- Anyone wanna tell me where they *USUALLY* find the ESK (Evil Shop Keeper) I'd like to make a log and see weather or not he actually hangs around those places since those two times that I actually found this guy, he was in the same place as the last time (last game) I saw him, which would be on the bottom of the map about 30 units (in the forest) to the right of the worm boss.

* Note * What I meant in the first paragraph was that I was hoping that you guys would think of a fun skill to have as a fourth, maybe reincarnation or something, how about a switch skill? Or an upgrading skill?

Switch Skill -> Adaption [ Description ] : As time passed by the Fade Warrior learns a few tricks that she has seen in this world.
---------------> Adaption Level 1: Enables the Fade Warrior to walk in water
---------------> Adaption Level 2: Enables the Fade Warrior to see hidden units
---------------> Adaption Level 3: Enables the Fade Warrior to switch to a trick that she has learned at will [ click to switch tricks ]

- Meaning at level 1 you can walk in water, and in level 2 you can ONLY see hidden units but not walk in water, and in level 3 you get to use them both but not simultaneously, youd be stuck in water if you were walking in water and switched to true sight, thatd be soo funny xD

Added (2011-07-03, 0:57:07 Am)
- Omfg I just thought of a new one several seconds ago....

- Body Skill -> Sinister Devotion [ Description ] : The Fade Warrior's devotion is a peculiar thing, she had modified her blood to be poisonous and made her flesh explode when her blood stops flowing... but its faulty at times...
---------------> Sinister Devotion Level 1: 10% chance to explode upon death dealing 10% of your max HP
---------------> Sinister Devotion Level 2: 20% chance to explode upon death dealing 20% of your max HP
---------------> Sinister Devotion Level 3: 30% chance to explode upon death dealing 30% of your max HP

- Something funny like that... well I dont really know howmuch of an impact that might be but that is friggin hillarious, a sort of suicide bomber LOL

Message edited by Soi - Sunday, 2011-07-03, 0:42:10 AM

Sandman366Date: Sunday, 2011-07-03, 8:29:20 AM | Message # 14
Stage 9
1. Bleh, who likes downsides......(do like savior though lol)

2&3. Dude, ESK is just a joke to find, ESPECIALLY at the start of the game. Rush a Castle of the Gods then run as fast as you can to the little river above orcs. He starts on the north side of the river, and just under that huge hill with a goldmine (the other base there). And if you don't know where he is, Castle of the Gods can show you most of the map quickly. (I've seen him near edges of the map, near the Prick Book quest, and even in town, I hear he's got 17 spots or something)

4. That sounds like it could be interesting, probably difficult to make, and a little OP. Maybe swap truesight/waterwalk (no?), but still...you'd have no need for truesight gem and you could hide from Sins as easily as an Ele (can walk on water lol)....

5. So what....%chance on death to explode? I've heard of some "Explosive Death" thing....so this is just a % to make it happen? Sounds somewhat amusing however pointless. Should you die, you may or may not get EXP from killing stuff with that (depends on how DC triggered it), and if there were a drop someone else is likely to get first dibs. On top of that, if it were a boss, you probably just lost chance at getting the drop...

Malevolent criminal I,

GhostWolf223Date: Sunday, 2011-07-03, 10:17:33 AM | Message # 15
Stage 9
wait....

who would wanna die lol

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Some ideas and hero suggestions (Title = self explanatory?)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024