Saturday, 2024-05-18, 2:45:50 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Making bosses harder. (Just an idea.)
Making bosses harder.
IchibanBakaDate: Monday, 2011-03-28, 8:00:06 AM | Message # 1
Stage 3
Group: Users
I have always thought that Bosses are WAY too easy... How about you give the bosses their own item on top of what they already have? So that you actually either need tactics or a group to take them down.

They drop the item they are carrying if possible, then they would have the same possibility to spawn with the items as the droprates are. So if you get a thanatos that spawns with leg wings... Your gonna have a hard time taking him down, but the reward is bigger.

Message edited by IchibanBaka - Monday, 2011-03-28, 8:15:16 AM

badazzDate: Monday, 2011-03-28, 8:07:16 AM | Message # 2
Stage 3
agreed coz thjat actualy bring role play to that game witch is what lacking atm

well since u added things to ur idea i have to say i doubt that is a smart thing to do coz that takes ages to fixx xD and ppl will be like hmm leggy wings ill defo ninja the kill after i let everyone get killed

also it takes away the fun of the suprise what he drops

ele lvl 999 **** u ******

if u wanna play a cot game
go find a damn bot coz i aint helping ya <3

Message edited by badazz - Monday, 2011-03-28, 8:17:54 AM

IchibanBakaDate: Monday, 2011-03-28, 8:43:52 AM | Message # 3
Stage 3
Well ruins a surprise but it makes the game more fun imo... And when you think about it... Killing satan alone when he has 580k dmg and 52% 25x crit if he has a legendary... The difficulty makes up for the loss of surprise imo... Would be surprised if I even killed him in one go. This would also add a need for a tank on something... You can so to say kill Aza without a a tank nowadays

Mystic_ProphetDate: Monday, 2011-03-28, 11:22:35 AM | Message # 4
Stage 4
I've always wanted to make bosses which have timed spells and patterns, so you have to dodge at certain times attack at others, and use some strategy. Some games have done that allready but I lack the skills to do it myself.

Message edited by Mystic_Prophet - Monday, 2011-03-28, 11:23:56 AM

darkchaosDate: Monday, 2011-03-28, 5:51:01 PM | Message # 5
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
sorry, the bosses atm are supposed to be solo bosses. Even azazoth was. Ill add more bosses if i wasnt so lazy.

Sandman366Date: Tuesday, 2011-03-29, 5:02:33 PM | Message # 6
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
Maybe a team boss? Well, any boss is soloable with a DD it seems (a proper DD anyway)

PS: How is Azazoth a solo boss? The only way that's possible is if you're a tank or you have massive evade+hp, because between his satan-esque attack speed paired with sin-like damage, on top of game-breaking spells, you'd need to have his items already to make yourself able to solo him, and still might not be possible. (He doesn't heal when you die does he? =O)

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

GhostWolf223Date: Tuesday, 2011-03-29, 5:29:59 PM | Message # 7
Stage 9
well spells get raped by savior powertar lol

and whats DD o.o?

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

darkchaosDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-29, 5:59:16 PM | Message # 8
Mapmaker
well, i lied. supposed to be two person boss. but it hink ppl have soloed him b4(like ceshun. i think)

ace_of_spadezDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-29, 6:02:25 PM | Message # 9
Stage 4
id appreciate bosses requireing atleast a 3 man team (RG, Heals, and dps) perhaps making heals cds a bit more reasonable to make him more viable?

darkchaosDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-29, 6:27:21 PM | Message # 10
Mapmaker
ill consider it.

GhostWolf223Date: Tuesday, 2011-03-29, 7:28:46 PM | Message # 11
Stage 9
that means u wont D:

ive yet to see a single high priest lol

im the only one that ive seen make one D:

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

ace_of_spadezDate: Tuesday, 2011-03-29, 8:13:55 PM | Message # 12
Stage 4
i have 1 @ 455 but thats i

DraculaDate: Wednesday, 2011-03-30, 10:53:12 AM | Message # 13
Stage 2
I think two changes that probably need to be made anyway would indirectly solve this.

A: Re-terrain the boss areas.

Basically, for bosses that have cliffs/platforms/random things near them that allow PR/Ele/etc to safe-kill the bosses, said places need to be reworked so as to disallow such cheesing.

B: Agility's effect on armor.

Right now, it's one point of armor per 33 AGI, which generally gives most classes enough durability to tank fairly reasonably. Items like the Ring of Struggle, which basically entirely negates the need for a tank with its +50,000 regen (especially if you have multiple, since the regen stacks fully) make tanks pretty pointless for most of the Chaotic Realm's creeps. If agility is to provide armor in a game where non-agility heroes are supposed to provide a primary tanking role, it probably shouldn't scale well enough to allow non-tanking classes to tank as well as they do now, save for with extreme level discrepancies (a level 999 MR being able to tank Horrors would probbaly be okay). I notice that this is a problem with even non-AGI heroes due to allstats items like the Ring of Struggle, Thanatos' Wings, Ring of Existence, Lexium Crystal, etc, as these items still give enough armor to allow a hero to take a few hits and kite the enemy (again, barring any need for a tank).

Granted, I suppose fixing AGI/armor scaling still wouldn't really fix the fact that the armor bonus from chaotic creep/set items still isn't bad, and I can't offer a more elegant solution at this time beyond simply tweaking numbers in those cases. The changes above would force heroes to take hits to kill bosses, and if taking hits actually means something, then tanks and healers will become important.

Yours truly,
Count Vlad Tepes Dracula III
(But you can just call me Drac.)

FreakShowDate: Wednesday, 2011-03-30, 11:57:38 AM | Message # 14
Stage 3
Darky, I don't think Ceshun soloed Aza after updates, only Badazz as Far as I know, Ceshun talked about it and had it planned not sure if he ever did though :).

Persnally I tried multiple times, but never seemed to get my ele to tank more than 10 seconds happy

Are you in need of help? Drop a PM here on forums or /w Asuuriis on Europe.

2x "First official/Legit 999"-Title "winner"

badazzDate: Wednesday, 2011-03-30, 12:52:05 PM | Message # 15
Stage 3
Quote (darkchaos)
well, i lied. supposed to be two person boss. but it hink ppl have soloed him b4(like ceshun. i think)

me and ceshun tried that theory but didnt work but if it worked out back then i would be the one who killed him in that vers

as for this vers i 3 shot azzy whit eaze

Added (2011-03-30, 12:52:05 PM)
---------------------------------------------
and dark u have to make bosses alot harder coz atm cot isnt a rpg its more a sg as in single game coz there is no role play at all

ele lvl 999 **** u ******

if u wanna play a cot game
go find a damn bot coz i aint helping ya <3

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Making bosses harder. (Just an idea.)
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024