Saturday, 2024-05-18, 1:04:51 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Making bosses harder. (Just an idea.)
Making bosses harder.
IchibanBakaDate: Saturday, 2011-04-02, 8:51:34 AM | Message # 31
Stage 3
Group: Users
Ok if you look at it like this:

If for example a boss has these stats:

10m HP
210k Chaotic Damage
500 Chaotic armor
200k STR
70k AGI
20k INT

That is approx Thana's stats I belive... Or else I'm extremely mistaken.

Think then Thanatos' Wings regular wings, they give 500k dmg and 50k allstats right? So if thana had those he would be ALOT stronger. That's why I suggested the bosses get their own items.

Instead of dropping the Rank of item they are holding, if they are holding legendary they give a 5% For legendary instead of 1%, He would still be almost impossible to kill without range from a ledge with the gate closed. The ones with reg can still drop legendarys but still at a 1% rate.

And Satan with his unholy attackspeed and 15% crit and alot of armor would be EXTREMELY hard... I know DC said they were meant to be solo bosses but still... Normal world is more fun than Chaos world... And that's not good.

Message edited by IchibanBaka - Saturday, 2011-04-02, 8:55:10 AM

GhostWolf223Date: Saturday, 2011-04-02, 10:24:15 AM | Message # 32
Stage 9
i like that idea surprised

bosses get an item when they spawn (an item they drop) that makes them harder biggrin

i like it >:D

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

DraculaDate: Saturday, 2011-04-02, 12:52:40 PM | Message # 33
Stage 2

If we're wandering into the murky field of hero balance, I feel obliged to point something out.
Damage dealers are dominant in CoT largely because of the different available boss items. There simply isn't that much that's useful to a tank or support. A large part of my argument is based on the premise that allstats items are more beneficial to DDs than other classes, so I should probably establish that first.

There are three stats: STR, AGI, and INT.
STR increases your HP and hpregen.
AGI increases your attackspeed and armor.
INT increases your mana.
One of these is your primary stat, which increases your damage whenever it is raised.
The STR to HP ratio in CoT is massive. MASSIVE. Like, 50 to 1, if memory serves. So if an item gives you 200,000 STR...you gain five million HP.
HP regen is generally negligible once you get into the Chaotic World, save for with regen items.
Attackspeed becomes useless after a certain point since attackspeed can max out.
Mana increase is fairly worthless save for certain things (Legion Ring) since most spells do not reach significantly high manacosts.
So let's say an item gives 200,000 to all stats. You gain five million HP, a % of 200,000 damage (based on what class you are), and 200,000/33 armor points, which is about 6,000. Everything else is basically negligible enough to not deserve a mention.
DDs, heroes built for damage, benefit extraordinarily from this. To them, this constitutes an amazing increase in survivability coupled with a nice damage increase.
Other heroes, not built for damage, do not capitalize on an attackspeed increase because it does not increase their inbuilt maximum attack speed. The armor is a drop in the bucket compared to what other armor items could bring, and the damage is reduced passively by class penalty. The health boost would probably be useful to supports, but that would be about it.

I did have some specific item analyses, but again...message too long. sad

Yours truly,
Count Vlad Tepes Dracula III
(But you can just call me Drac.)

Sandman366Date: Saturday, 2011-04-02, 3:23:41 PM | Message # 34
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
Something I like about the items is that non-tanks can take a couple of hits without dieing.

Quote (Dracula)
So let's say an item gives 200,000 to all stats. You gain five million HP, a % of 200,000 damage (based on what class you are), and 200,000/33 armor points, which is about 6,000. Everything else is basically negligible enough to not deserve a mention.

10,000,000 HP. Do the math again. And until you're getting Leg Thanatos (with upgrades) or Rare Exist Ring, you won't be getting 200k all stats with a single item (not sure on the sets though) very easily. Oh, and Lex Crystal, but when you have 999 and beat Forgotten 200k stats isn't going to bee too much for you.

However, there are few useful all-stats items. Most are just your base, if any stats at all. Late bows give no agi (imo this is fail, at least attack speed for weather, cmon) and there are a couple of items that NEVER give stats (chain, shortsword, I think heavy armor but not sure)

So if you can find an item that gives over 100k all stats before Dark Soul (or Struggle Ring, which CLEARLY needs a tank for last round) without glitch/bug I'd love to know what it is smile

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

GhostWolf223Date: Saturday, 2011-04-02, 4:50:42 PM | Message # 35
Stage 9
struggle ring gives 200k stats o.o

and you don't need a tank for last round if your ele lol or savior....or pr....

Sandman366Date: Saturday, 2011-04-02, 9:36:19 PM | Message # 36
Stage 9
Quote (GhostWolf223)
struggle ring gives 200k stats o.o
and you don't need a tank for last round if your ele lol or savior....or pr....

Dude. Fail. Look at the second hero there. That'd be a tank, no?
And you could if you don't have good damage dealers. The God/Angel round and I forget what the last one is called both could use a tank unless you have a PR with like 25M damage. Or an ele with 1m+ int. Or something absurd like that.

Personally I don't find Struggle Ring to be worth the cost. Unless you're trying to get tons of towers you don't need this anyway. Should you get it, you probably farmed a lot, in which case you have little use for it anyway. Is there only 1 ring per time you go through IS? Or do all players get it? Either way it's pointless. When you can get it (because of crazy difficulty near end) there are better items, and if you do get it when you can you don't really need it because not much then costs very much.

Malevolent criminal I,

darkchaosDate: Sunday, 2011-04-03, 4:28:16 PM | Message # 37
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
I'll make the struggle arena longer, up to chaos lvl 999 and gives u 1/2 ring. Beating will be diffucult, and then you also need to beat a version of struggle without heroes, only builders. Towers will go to lvl 100 or whatnot. Itll take a bunch of gold and wood as well. If you beat it, youll get 2/2 of ring which u can forge into the ring, a cool item. I plan to also have all the items from minigame (6 items) forge into a awesome set.

Minigame exp will be nerfed to 35% of ur world xp in it as well.

Ill just do the arean to lvl 999 next u0pdate.

But currently, im busy with school. A lot. lots of all-nighters. So i cant find time. :(. I also have to fix the "map not found" error, which means i have to optimzie the whole colo to fix it.
Whyen i have a few time to myself , i dont feel like working on map sad
sad

Sorry, guys.
Ill work on it this week or next.

God_Of_DeathDate: Sunday, 2011-04-03, 4:44:17 PM | Message # 38
Stage 7
Gonna need to make the minigame back up to 100% somehow when your past 900. Unless you don't want anyone levelling in minigames past 900.

Sandman366Date: Sunday, 2011-04-03, 4:44:21 PM | Message # 39
Stage 9
Quote (darkchaos)
Minigame exp will be nerfed to 35% of ur world xp in it as well.

Aaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
I liked getting really good exp in struggle...
Can we just have "Minigame Exp" (instead of colo exp) and it goes up faster but has max of like 1.5x world exp? Then we could move colo into minigame area, which'd be nice anyway. Then we could get into colo without having to rush because of sins about to whack us :P

Quote (darkchaos)
I also have to fix the "map not found" error, which means i have to optimzie the whole colo to fix it.

Perhaps you could also fix other colo bugs (wave not sent ones, sometimes it's reluctant to send) too? (Don't know if the Chaotic Easy Wave4 was fixed on not...)

PS: Even if not working on map, feedback that you might be soon/other feedback is still nice smile

Malevolent criminal I,

Message edited by Sandman366 - Sunday, 2011-04-03, 4:45:20 PM

DraculaDate: Sunday, 2011-04-03, 6:45:07 PM | Message # 40
Stage 2
Thanks for the correction on math. Probably thought I was multiplying from 100k to all stats or something. Either way, still just serves to prove my point.

So if you can find an item that gives over 100k all stats before Dark Soul (or Struggle Ring, which CLEARLY needs a tank for last round) without glitch/bug I'd love to know what it is

The Struggle Ring in itself majorly tilted the game back toward DPS chars.
And no, you don't need a tank. You need someone with AoE stat-based spell damage to ignore the massive armor amounts. So basically, Savior or Ele. Line them up, spam spell(s), kite, repeat. If a DS happens to tag along, you can get up to 11 Struggle Rings in one run from just the DS alone.
(And, of course, there's a certain exploit that makes ANYONE able to beat IS.)
If damage dealers can tank without even taking damage for like the first 800 levels of the game, I can probably see why tanks aren't very popular.
(The irony in needing a Savior or Ele to letgitly boost an MR or PR's dominance is duly noted, though.)
Suffice it to say I hope the other minigame items are more support or utility-oriented.

Yours truly,
Count Vlad Tepes Dracula III
(But you can just call me Drac.)

Sandman366Date: Sunday, 2011-04-03, 7:41:31 PM | Message # 41
Stage 9
Quote (Dracula)
And, of course, there's a certain exploit that makes ANYONE able to beat IS.

The only thing I know of at the moment can't really pass Master Death Archers with current towers, and that was put in by DC even though I'm not sure it's legit, but what are you taking about? (Just curious....lol)

Quote (Dracula)
Suffice it to say I hope the other minigame items are more support or utility-oriented.

They'll either be damage, regen, armor, stats, ability items, or some combination of those. Either way it's basically what you're complaining about anyway.
No matter what it is it'll help all players, meaning it'll help DDs too.

PS: Isn't Savior technically a tank? :P

Malevolent criminal I,

God_Of_DeathDate: Sunday, 2011-04-03, 7:47:06 PM | Message # 42
Stage 7
Sand I think your not playing 1.21.

Sandman366Date: Sunday, 2011-04-03, 8:35:16 PM | Message # 43
Stage 9
You're* (irks me)

I'm playing 1.21. What makes you think I'm not? Tellin' me you forgot that cash command DC put in? (I doubt we should mention them considering what they're properly called, but DC put them in so I figure we can reference it. Probably there just for testing though)

Malevolent criminal I,

Message edited by Sandman366 - Sunday, 2011-04-03, 8:35:40 PM

God_Of_DeathDate: Sunday, 2011-04-03, 8:40:59 PM | Message # 44
Stage 7
The master death archers are not in v1.21 is why I'm saying it.

GhostWolf223Date: Monday, 2011-04-04, 9:55:00 AM | Message # 45
Stage 9
Lol

savior is secondary tank o.o

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Making bosses harder. (Just an idea.)
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024