[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Criticals
Criticals
DutchkillerDate: Sunday, 2009-11-22, 7:17:51 AM | Message # 1
Stage 1
Group: Users
Do critical hits stack? like the 25x from satan + the 12x from legion in 1 attack? because the collored text doesn't say so... if they don't stack, what crit goes first?

badazzDate: Sunday, 2009-11-22, 7:41:02 AM | Message # 2
Stage 3
you just have they % chance on the crit from the item

lets say u got leggy ace and leggy legion ur bas dmg is 1k then when u crit whit the ace u get a crit of 25k and whit legion crit u get 12k they all stack whit eachother u just getting more crit but the more crit items u have the more crit change u have but then if u got much much crit items they all have the change the item/skills says on each hit

ele lvl 999 **** u ******

if u wanna play a cot game
go find a damn bot coz i aint helping ya <3

TrueShadowDate: Sunday, 2009-11-22, 8:41:08 AM | Message # 3
Stage 10
Group: Administrator
http://www.pomfoc.ucoz.com/forum/23-502-1

DutchkillerDate: Monday, 2009-11-23, 9:09:51 AM | Message # 4
Stage 1
@ badazz: i don't understand anything of your post...

@ kevvin i looked at that thread first of course but that does NOT answer my question...

badazzDate: Monday, 2009-11-23, 1:34:39 PM | Message # 5
Stage 3
uhhm imma talk dutch for a moment :P to explain this guy how it work xD

nou kijk dutch je heb legion leggy sword ok dan heb je 50% op 12x crit tog ? and leggy ace heeft 51% op 25x crit je heb bij elke hit die je maak lekens kans op een crit (je moet zeg maar geluk hebben) nou kijk je heb 1k normale dmg dan heb je per hit 51%kans op een crit van 25x je dmg maar je heb dan ook 50% kans dat je de crit krijg van de legion sword de crit worden niet bij elkaar opgeled je heb aleen maar meer kans dat je een crit krijg ik hoop dat je het nu wel snap wink
als je het nu nog nie snap zou ik nie weten wat je bedoel of ik kan het gwn nie uitleggen xD

srry for talking dutch but i didnt know how i needed to explain that guy in english coz i aint that good in it

ele lvl 999 **** u ******

if u wanna play a cot game
go find a damn bot coz i aint helping ya <3

valkierDate: Monday, 2009-11-23, 11:42:11 PM | Message # 6
Webmaster
badazz, you just got yourself a 3-day ban. I dont give a crap that your not good enough in english to explain. There is a rule stating that only english is to be used in the normal sections of the forums. See you in 3 days.

valkierDate: Tuesday, 2009-11-24, 6:09:25 PM | Message # 7
Webmaster
Quote (IHateWC)
You just go and ban him for 3 days for making a post with a paragraph in dutch in it? He spoke english in his post...

Read the rules. English ONLY in any part of the forum that is not the foreign language section. If he didn't know how to explain it in english, then he shouldn't have tried. The rules are in place for a reason. If you want to argue this further, then feel free, but you will NOT be in a good standing with me if you argue the rules.

God_Of_DeathDate: Wednesday, 2009-11-25, 2:44:58 PM | Message # 8
Stage 7
Group: Moderator
Not sure about the critical thing but... Don't hate valkier because he has to ban people. It's his job to do so he does it.

TrueShadowDate: Thursday, 2009-11-26, 7:15:02 AM | Message # 9
Stage 10
This link: http://www.pomfoc.ucoz.com/forum/23-502-1 clearly explains how multiple crits work. If you don't understand it after reading it, then I give up because it explains it really well, much better than anyone I have seen that try to explain how crits stack.

@Badazz: I suggest using the PM function to avoid breaking the rules.

Valk with the ban hammer ;D...feels like what I do sometimes haha...

Message edited by Kevvin - Thursday, 2009-11-26, 7:15:33 AM

NiggersDate: Thursday, 2009-11-26, 9:38:29 AM | Message # 10
Stage 1
Pretty shitty ban hammer if you ask me.

Anyhow, I think the article you copy pasted goes a little too in depth about calculating damage and chances rather than the simple question of what happens when two critical strikes fire at the same time. The article i found clearly stated that if two criticals fire at once the last skill you obtained gets to do damage.

TrueShadowDate: Thursday, 2009-11-26, 2:01:36 PM | Message # 11
Stage 10
Quote (Niggers)
I think the article you copy pasted goes a little too in depth

true but I like people to put in a little effort, and more knowledge is power.

GimpDate: Thursday, 2009-11-26, 6:29:32 PM | Message # 12
Stage 1
Pretty much this is my understanding of any crit in any warcraft 3 map. it takes a huge amount of mapmaking skills to creat the programing for crits to actually stack and I don't think i've ever saw a map with this done. So to answer this question, no Crits Do Not Stack at all. This is pretty much how the crit system works if you have 2 items and no skill based crits, lets say, the leg ace which is 25X crit and 51% chance, and another item thats 12X crit. thats 75% crit. here is how it pretty much works. every atack you do, both have a chance on going off, now if they both go off it takes the first on the stacks damage, i dont know how to officially know which hit the stack first. Sometimes people see huge numbers after 2 crits stack, this is a glitch and don't believe it for the dmg it sais isn't really the dmg you deal.

Now for a real CoT PoM FoC example. The PRP: it has a built in crit, as well as half the +dmg good items give a % crit multiplier as well, this you could almost say can kill ur pr's dps, as well as increase it, depending on the +dmg increase.
for best bet, Do Not get the skill crit for pr because it's absolutely useless it will only ruin ur dmg later. leg ace is amazing on pr's and combod with legion sword creates the wall of criticals everyone loves, but here's the scoop, with both having a 50% chance to go off, whats the chance of both happening at once? really flipping high as far as crits are concerned, having both these items on a pr in reality is worse than having legend ace and a leg abyssal sword. the only side effect is when ace doesnt crit, there is no crit, which makes people want the extra 50% crit haha. it's all based on perspective, but i found with a char with such a fast atack speed, having legion sword almost craps the pr's dps.

I hope the above described it a bit better for you to understand, you can go much more in depth like kevvin has possibly done, haven't read it, but there's no point, unless the game map states they stack, then expect that they dont.

GoonswithSpoonsDate: Sunday, 2009-11-29, 2:42:37 AM | Message # 13
Stage 1
http://web.dota-allstars.com/2009/07/14/critical-strikes-and-bashes

This is about the only website I have seen that answered my crit questions

Important parts:
Both, critical strikes and bashes stack with diminishing returns, as according to the formula:

1 - ( 1 - A ) * ( 1 - B ) * ( 1 - C ) * ... * ( 1 - X ) = Chance to get at least one bash / critical strike

When calculating damage from critical strikes, if two occur at once, only the last critical strike skill or item you acquired will have effect.
Note that a skill counts as acquired when level 1 of it is learned.
An item counts as acquired every time its picked up.

Message edited by GoonswithSpoons - Sunday, 2009-11-29, 2:46:45 AM

riotdDate: Sunday, 2009-12-06, 2:07:15 PM | Message # 14
Stage 2
Quote (GoonswithSpoons)
http://web.dota-allstars.com/2009/07/14/critical-strikes-and-bashes

Thanks for sharing, very insightful, especially:

Quote (DotaAllStar Website)
On ranged heroes every crit achieved after a bash or another crit will completely negate the earlier achieved crits and bashes on its procing. In essence, this means that if you proc multiple crits and bashes on a ranged hero, the last acquired crit that triggered will count as the only critical, and if any of the bashes that proc'd were acquired after the critical was acquired (not proc'd), the last of those bashes would add damage (which isn't multiplied) as well as the stun.

Or in clear, do not level the crit skill with PR if you got items with criticals that are more powerful as well as taking regular lifesteal and not bash+lifesteal.

IlikorDate: Monday, 2009-12-07, 6:35:14 PM | Message # 15
Stage 1
or you can drop your legendary satan's ace, and take all your skill and item with critical, then take the satan ace, if the information in this topic is right, you should have have a very high chance of satan ace's critical chance.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Criticals
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024