• Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Red and Blue
Red and Blue
NOCFeRnAlDate: Thursday, 2011-11-03, 4:43:58 AM | Message # 16
Stage 3
Group: Users
Quote (FreakShow)
If you're using BGN bot. It kicks the group of people with the smallest amount of players.

it kicks everyone, who appear to be put in state2.

When the world comes to an end,
Will u stay with me, my friend?

FreakShowDate: Thursday, 2011-11-03, 9:48:30 AM | Message # 17
Stage 3
Hmm. Can't even test that statement, I'm not welcome in the BGN community because I told some guys the true story about one of their well known admins XD.

But as far as I remember, state 2 is usually the one with the smallest amount of people in.

Are you in need of help? Drop a PM here on forums or /w Asuuriis on Europe.

2x "First official/Legit 999"-Title "winner"

NOCFeRnAlDate: Thursday, 2011-11-03, 11:43:48 AM | Message # 18
Stage 3
i'd seen alot of desync in time of playin, and, mostly, i appear to be the "last man standing" after it happens, all because i'm in state 1.

When the world comes to an end,
Will u stay with me, my friend?

Guns0345Date: Wednesday, 2012-05-02, 9:30:14 PM | Message # 19
Stage 1
I think they are bugged, whenever i play a game with someone on red or blue theirs usaly a realy high load time then i usaly get with other people, like an extra 200 seconds

Added (2012-05-02, 9:30:14 PM)
---------------------------------------------
I think they are bugged, whenever i play a game with someone on red or blue theirs usaly a realy high load time then i usaly get with other people, like an extra 200 seconds

darkchaosDate: Wednesday, 2012-05-02, 10:00:03 PM | Message # 20
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
well load time refers to the players comp. the map cant cause individual players to load slower. that would be pretty cool tho.

Sandman366Date: Thursday, 2012-05-03, 6:39:12 PM | Message # 21
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
Necro AND double-posted (except for the system making them into one).

Load time has absolutely NOTHING to do with what color you are.

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

ZerynaxDate: Sunday, 2012-05-06, 5:31:36 PM | Message # 22
Stage 1
I have to say the forum suddenly lit up like a christmastree all of a sudden, might it be people fearing the end of the world and want to put some last effort into more E-fame? biggrin

Nah, but still, over my....god knows how many years (I still got CoT v.07 Alpha or what it was exactly that last part)
Red has BY FAR been the color that has caused the most bugs, had the most bugs, contributed to screwing up games and whatnot, precisely HOW I do not know.

Now, Blue, it has had it's ups and downs over the years, mostly been pretty harmless, but at odd versions it has been inheriting the buggy abilities of red.

People can say what they want, this is MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE along with a few friends that have played with me over the years, but like everything else in every situation you can possibly imagine, it is always individual in the end, some people might've never gotten the exp bug with red when it was notoriously well known, others might still have it, I know I've had it 2 times in v1.22b, seems to always come in accordance with going farm-mode on Normal world while leveling to get those 2 plat and arc for Satan's Abode when I hit 300, destroying the base, getting the new and the exp freezes at either like 5%, or at 1%.

Sandman366Date: Sunday, 2012-05-06, 9:15:29 PM | Message # 23
Stage 9
So what you're saying is...

Alexeng and DC should recreate everything from scratch? (Well, they could probably copy/paste all of the units, but triggers and whatnot should all be redone fresh without any possible old bugs returning?)

Perhaps it's some problem in WC3...

Malevolent criminal I,

GhostWolf223Date: Monday, 2012-05-07, 5:38:32 AM | Message # 24
Stage 9
i say you just force computer to red and blue so people cant be them colors and its a quick fix
just a quick hotfix update and were good lol

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

ZerynaxDate: Monday, 2012-05-07, 6:14:03 AM | Message # 25
Stage 1
Well, remaking the entire shit (well, doing as Sand said and simply copy everything over) is something to go for, and then maybe Chaos can finally open the player editor without the entire thing crashing aswell biggrin

But yeah, even if you copy over the majority of the triggers and whatnot it will still be alot of work to do though, and I don't think neither Dark nor Alex is up for doing all that work, even if we would all be really happy about it biggrin

But what Ghost said is also an easy one, but if he can't open the player editor that might be a bit tricky, I can't remember but I think you can just trigger it so a computer takes the red and blue spots, but that will not happen untill you actually host the game unless my memory is being mean to me.

Another good thing about doing the shit from scratch is that it will be alot easier to find those stray triggers, seeing as you can just copy a few triggers, see if something bugs out, remove any faulty triggers, repeat untill you got everything over.

But still, with 1.22b, it will be hard finding those triggers, seeing as most of the "easy to find" bugs that does not require some kind of special event to actually come into effect is mostly fixed, while the more absurd bugs that require something weird that you don't normally do every game is hard to test properly.

Sandman366Date: Monday, 2012-05-07, 9:38:01 PM | Message # 26
Stage 9
Actually, the triggers would be much easier (or at least I should think so). The problem would be terrain and doodads.

Malevolent criminal I,

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Red and Blue
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024