Sunday, 2024-04-28, 11:34:12 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Introduction and some general questions about CoT RPG (Assistance needed)
Introduction and some general questions about CoT RPG
MeggsDate: Wednesday, 2011-09-21, 0:11:34 AM | Message # 1
Stage 1
Group: Users
(Because msg text is too long I have to write it in 2 posts)

Hello guys,

I've been thinking for a while wheter or not to register and now boredom finally made me do it (btw, think this is the first forum/site where I had to enter literally 3 security codes to make an account oO).. so here we go :

My name is Martin and I've been playing CoT on and off since few months ago with a bnet friend of mine, and we still kinda suck, mainly problem being start of the game

We would start with picking our heroes, buying blood elf nation and making an economy going and free farming wood / gold for like 30 minutes so we could afford buying that non-saveable 1000 armor item from main city, and after then do some colloseums, locacting evil shopkeeper and buying something that actually saves.

Given that this game has frequent code wipes, and I am getting alergic to making that 60-70-80 tree wisps everytime, 1) is there any simpler starting strategy that does not involves making a stable economy ?
Us two tried regularly killing mobs outside, but that would end up us being like lvl 4-5 after a hour, not to mention having no gold (yes we use updated heroes, more on that later). Are we doing something wrong ?

My next problem revolves around lvling after 300. Althought struggle is a nice and helpful addition, when we played it before.. leveling here even with best homes was still painfully slow. Colloseum wear off too fast and normal mobs give too little exp. 2) So what is the trick, how do some people 999 in less than 24 hours of playing (someone even mentioned 6 hours becing a record; I know it included a power leveler but still - where did he power level them). I really need some leveling tips here, because we(I) suck too much. - No need to mention that after like 700 or 800 or so (don't quote me I dont remember which level exacxt) with best house exp is 1% only. Also, I heard about some safespots.. what and where are those ?

Added (2011-09-21, 0:11:34 Am)
---------------------------------------------
If you already thought that there must me something I am good at, you were wrong =P
My next problem is, obviously, gold and lumber .
I assumed that only way to make a decent amount of gold required for upgrades is by using those best homes / houses (I apologose for lack of names, been 2 months since I opened my high level summoner), and then going to sleep right ?
3) Is that correct ?

My last set of questions will be focused on heroes :

I read about Dark Summoner being weak, even after his last level of summon improvement was fixed (I made one high level but it was very lenghty and painful process thanks to me being a nab). so I did some basic math in my head (without calculators). Please note that I am FAR from being aware of all kinds of end game items avaiable ; also I will be talking about his hell hounds and satyr, since I am talking about damage output here.

With 3rd level of improvement, those pets get 770k attack and criticals. IIRC Satyr with 300k int then has around 1m attack and 100% for 8x critical while little hellhounds have around 850k attack with 100% 4x critical. Satyr is doing around 8m pert hit, while one hellhound is doing 3,4m x 8 (there is 8 of them, or 6.. I dont know.. I am too lazy to serch for my code and deal with 5 min loading, maybe next time I play).. which means that summoner with items that can be hardly called end game is doing around ~25m dmg per hit.
On top of that, summoner's meat golem is rather insane tank.. I didn't have a chance to play with high level RG.. but I can hardly imagine anything better.

I heard that there is a 2m agi item, but even with that it doesn't look to me like both PR or MA could make 25m dmg a hit. (which is like 100m dmg a second). Which bring me to my next question :

Since twin blades were always my favourite style of fighting, I guess I have to settle for twin daggers in most of the time. 4) How is MA compared to PR and Dark Summoner ? What can he solo, and what can they solo that he can't ? Also, any item tips are very welcome.

People say damage dealers are good, but despite my experience, most eventually side with Elementalist and PR. Is MA really that worse than PR, can he even solo Struggle in the end game ? Can DS do it ?

Well, I apologise for lenghty post guys.. see what boredom does from people =).. I hope that someone will share me with this necesarry knowledge in how not to suck in COT (since I am a lurker here.. *cough* I am looking at you Wolfy and Sandbag *cough*)

Also, when it comes to general lazyness.. I realize Darkchaos is kinda a competition to me, but nothing I can't handle.

Keep up the good work guys, and fix the map already Alexeng.. just add struggle mob limit so it could stop freezing my ancient trash can and fix set crafts and ur having a beer from my buddy. ^^

GhostWolf223Date: Wednesday, 2011-09-21, 5:37:06 AM | Message # 2
Stage 9
MA?
do you mean MR? or the *assassin*
if so. shes the best melee Dps and with good damage *and some luck* you can solo allmost anything ^.^
same goes with darksummoner and PR. Anything can solo just about anything in the game, even the non-updated heroes.

thats all i can say for now since not alot of time so ill answer more later ^.^

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

MeggsDate: Wednesday, 2011-09-21, 9:49:26 AM | Message # 3
Stage 1
Damn, I could have sworn it was Master Assassin.. I really need a memory check then!

Anyway, with my above 900 summy I couldnt even strach the paint from last wave of struggle... so what's the catch ?

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2011-09-21, 3:13:05 PM | Message # 4
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
1. Not really.

2. The answer is mirrored by the question "Anyone loading?" 99% of the time I think the answers will be the same.

3. That's one way, and how I'd do it (and have done it).

4. Haven't actually used MR for more than like 10 minutes, so I can't really answer. I know PR can safespot solo most things with good damage/crits and is fairly easy to play if you're never getting hit :P Dark Summ is a bit underpowered to me. He starts out nice, and mid-late Normal World he can be utter rapage at around level 400 (with the first Summon Upgrade). In Chaotic World you really need PURE Int to be the best around. I had one around 920 or something and he was slow to level and slow to really deal lots of damage, and granted this was when Summon Boost was kinda broken, it's probably not changed too much (imo anyway). He SOUNDS great, but really isn't in the long run (imo).

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

darkchaosDate: Wednesday, 2011-09-21, 6:43:19 PM | Message # 5
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
Im a slow leveler. Pre Struggle i spent getting a char to 999 ~120 hours.

NOCFeRnAlDate: Wednesday, 2011-09-21, 7:28:57 PM | Message # 6
Stage 3
thing about lvlin... U can set cardboard box, and get first 15-25 lvls in 5 mins wit any hero(xcept magheridon. he's kinda slow), just by aggroin taurens to tha town...
Best nation and home (kinda all-in-one. Can capture all goldmines on map, and add 120% exp rate = Castle of Gods, but ALOT cheaper), can be founded by capturing(break cage and go closer) medean worker, that caged in upper right corner of the map. Use invis pot to get there, or get rod of tp and tp to him.
Btw u can set medean court by worker right where he stands.
Just startin tips.

When the world comes to an end,
Will u stay with me, my friend?

MeggsDate: Wednesday, 2011-09-21, 7:41:24 PM | Message # 7
Stage 1
About medean, problem shows up when I want to use workers and wisps to mine.. I am not sure how to get them home safely since zep cant fly there.

NOCFeRnAlDate: Wednesday, 2011-09-21, 7:58:18 PM | Message # 8
Stage 3
u can use shadows to safely dig gold right under medean mob's nose.
After, u can purchase blood elven spellbook to safely take ur units when/where u need.
Drop book on ground and pick it up to drop it's spells cooldown.

Sandman366Date: Thursday, 2011-09-22, 9:16:58 PM | Message # 9
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
Quote (darkchaos)
Im a slow leveler. Pre Struggle i spent getting a char to 999 ~120 hours.

I've had ~100 hours and only 900-920. I'm a REALLY slow leveler....and can't say I care for it either...lol.
Soloing must be why....

ANYWAY! Why are you mining under Medean's nose....? Pointless, get a REAL base.

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

NOCFeRnAlDate: Friday, 2011-09-23, 3:16:55 AM | Message # 10
Stage 3
to get real base u should make some cash first. thats tha fastest way(assuming that ur lvl is before 15 and u cant really farm real money from mobs)
thats the starting help, remember?

GhostWolf223Date: Friday, 2011-09-23, 5:32:49 AM | Message # 11
Stage 9
nahh if you wanna level moderatly fast

get BloodElf nation take over 3-5 gold mines
then get 2 10k gold tomes of your prime stat then you can kill stuff lol

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

FreakShowDate: Friday, 2011-09-23, 1:46:52 PM | Message # 12
Stage 3
1) Farm, sell, save, repeat. Takes you about 30 minutes to get Castle of the gods, if you know your character. Won't spoil anything, but man you gotta love spiders in this game..

2) CotG, and know your character and how many hits he can take from each mob, if you play Elementalist it's easy math; None... Can't tell you any leveling secrets but I know from personal experience, if you no-life enough, you can get from 1->999 in roughly 12 hours (So Yes sandman, you simply are a slow leveler, not anything about soloing that has to do with 100+ hours to get to 900 :D). Will say though if you want to get a hang of the game, while having a fairly easy leveling character, and still be some kind of usefull play Phoenix Ranger or Dark Summoner :).
- Safe spots are where your base are safe from Legion and Sins pretty much (Can't remember if he did anything to the Legion blink or Sin aggro)

3) Farm chaotic world, before that it's pretty much just farming under where you get the medean builder (With a PR you can get 250k easily), then follow step one :p. For wood, I actually never uses harvesters. I always farm chaotic world, then just convert. Most people would say that's stupid, yet lets do some maths..
-> A level 999 elementalist with (I think it's about 1,3-1,7m INT), can one shot Existence mobs with his frost nova. You can get u to 8 plats per Aoe, and it haz about 20sec cooldown. Which makes it 14-16 plats per minute roughly.
Lets use 15, since it's the middle of 14 and 16 (Clever, right?).
15plats*60minutes. = 900plats/hour. I think it's about 3000 plats for level 5 wings (with no arc, simply convert). That gives us a 3½ hour farming period to get 3000+ plats.

I think it's 1 arc per 8 second if I remember correctly (Feel free to correct me), with the BEST wisps. Now lets do a simple cost/benefit thing. Would you rather use maybe 35 plats, just so you could get arc maybe one minute faster than what I do, yet you have to find 300 sinless tree spots? I thought so.

4) The easy way: Skilled Ele > Skilled MR > Skilled PR/Skilled DSum.
- MR has the backstab which makes it better than the PR. PR is in my opinion one of the worst late game characters (Which are updated). I would even say that the Runic Blood Elf (whicha ren't updated) will be a better addition to a team than a PR. The worst updated hero in late game is by FAR the Dsum, it's good to help new players go from 1-150 maybe, but in any other occassion I'd take the MR. My MR has roughly 40m damage, and hits like 3-4 times each second... That outdamages you with 20-60 MILLION per second.
And to be fair, Elementalist have high BURST dmg... They can do a combo and that's it...

Combo: Nova->Ice & Lightning->Legions Ring->Lightning ball->15 sec wait->Lightning Ball->15 sec wait->Nova->Lightning ball, as you can see those 15 sec waits start to add up, and the lightning ball is a skill shot. So if th eother one has blink or any kind of fast moving unit, you gotta be GOOD to do it.. Also known many Elementalists who haz fallen to a MR in the arena (hehehehehehe)

Feel free to ask if any of this confused you.

Are you in need of help? Drop a PM here on forums or /w Asuuriis on Europe.

2x "First official/Legit 999"-Title "winner"

Message edited by FreakShow - Friday, 2011-09-23, 1:52:15 PM

MeggsDate: Friday, 2011-09-23, 1:58:08 PM | Message # 13
Stage 1
Thanks for your answer, could you elaborate on 3rd though ?

My main problem was sins an legion.. I figured what's the point of any farm in chaos when sins will ALWAYS kill everything like every few mins. So where are the safe sptos, what home I need to use for farming and leveling it's the 1 arc per second math ?

Can MR farm existances fast enough too ? (I dont want to play ele)

Why do we love spiders, what you mean about save and repeat.. and why do I need CotG if I get medean castle early game with teleport staff ?

Sorry for asking for details but I need to have explained these thigns like a little baby before I start using logical conclusions on my own smile

FreakShowDate: Friday, 2011-09-23, 2:42:38 PM | Message # 14
Stage 3
MR can't farm existance that fast, would suggest if you needed to farm, you should do patrol at hell monsters.

There are FEW safe spots, there are 1 right inside of town, and one at the little "pool" with a small island in the right of it (Northeast of towns North exit). Those are the only 2 I consider "SAFE" though the town thing might not be perfectly safe from Legion...

For exp farming I would use Abode. And for Gold farming, I would use Abode (See what I did there, farming AND leveling at the same time). I simply use the 16 plats per minute tactic when I farm, arcs is overrated in my opinion.

We love spiders because they drop good sellable stuff, which gives you a quick moneypool.
I prefer CotG because of the skills it have. Makes it good to look for merchant.

The whole save-repeat process is only REALLY effective if you have a decent or better computer. You simply farm all spiders fast, and sell the items from crates. Maybe make people send you their 1000g before loading, then save exit, and repeat smile (Not recommended unless you like being a bit hated in the start, but what the hell, it's fame one way or another).

Added (2011-09-23, 2:42:38 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Also dude... What realm are you playing on?

Are you in need of help? Drop a PM here on forums or /w Asuuriis on Europe.

2x "First official/Legit 999"-Title "winner"

MeggsDate: Friday, 2011-09-23, 3:30:11 PM | Message # 15
Stage 1
eurobattle.net

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Introduction and some general questions about CoT RPG (Assistance needed)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024