Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » UPDATES AND A POLL
UPDATES AND A POLL
What should the terrain be changed to?
1. (Note, you can check more than 1 thing, but don't be a troll and check all) [ 2 ] [18.18%]
2. Keep as snow [ 5 ] [45.45%]
3. Check this if you are sick of the snow [ 4 ] [36.36%]
4. Desert/Barrens [ 2 ] [18.18%]
5. Rainforest [ 2 ] [18.18%]
6. Spring (Like the season) [ 6 ] [54.55%]
7. More water (Like more lakes/rivers, would go with spring really) [ 5 ] [45.45%]
Answers total: 11
CryoZoneDate: Thursday, 2011-05-19, 4:00:31 PM | Message # 1
Stage 1
Group: Users
Here's a few more updates as well

I'm not getting rid of cleave as everyone suggests and thinks, because I am going to make it factor in armor and not ignore it completely.
EVERY character will have stat based spells, and that will take me 1-2 months (SO MANY SPELLS AND TRIGGERS Q_Q)
More chaos items+Ability to upgrade rare/legendary/normal Satan's Ace, Dark Soul, Satan's Heart, Thanatos' Wings, most Existance boss drops, Abyssal drops, and MAYBE Azazoth drops (CRAZY EXPENSIVE)

Just an update and something for the players to decide on. I want to know what terrain the people want, as I can think of a story for CoT that would explain whatever climate change there is

Behold, my friends, destiny, in its most brutal form! All the dreams that might have been. All the happiness, and sorrow, you might have experienced, gone forever! For you there will be no tomorrow!

AlexengDate: Thursday, 2011-05-19, 4:13:23 PM | Message # 2
Stage 4
Eighter something more chaotic (random spots of lava here and there for example) or just keep the snow. And you sure you don't want me to take some of the workload? Seems like an awful much to do alone.

Brony Forever.
Favorite characters: Chrysalis, Twilight, Luna, Discord, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Trixie.
Favorite pairings: TwiLuna, CelestiCord, Twixie, AppleDash, TwiDash, Flutterdash.

darkchaosDate: Thursday, 2011-05-19, 4:31:56 PM | Message # 3
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
Cryozone is doing way too much - hard to control him.
Ah whatever, ill mop up later.

Anyway, the terrain thing crossed my mind. Maybe terrain change during weather?
Eg, snow - snow terrain, rain - something else, volcano erupt - magma. Just a thought. But that could make the terrain ugly.

GhostWolf223Date: Thursday, 2011-05-19, 4:43:30 PM | Message # 4
Stage 9
i checked 3 surprised

if it changed with weather it would lag like crazy lol

i think it should be a much brighter and happier map ^.^ and all dark and chaotic in chaotic world

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

Sandman366Date: Thursday, 2011-05-19, 5:23:04 PM | Message # 5
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
Quote (GhostWolf223)
if it changed with weather it would lag like crazy lol

Maybe, maybe not...it wouldn't be the first map I knew to change terrain in game :P

Man...Cryo....slow down! That's just....a LOT of work...lol

Tbh the only real reasons Snow would work is we had a Nuclear Winter or Snow Weather. Lol...but it just seems to fit by now heh

Perhaps we have snowy for Normal world, and when Chaotic comes around...hoo-boy! Void could be some kinda space-y thing....Despair would be this dark dark area...Horror I guess would be very bloody (lol). Demons I don't know...red demonic place lol. Hell I'd say is a volcano like set...Astrals is space-y again. Forgotten would get some kinda cave (or some kinda "path not taken" look). Exists I don't have a clue about though.
But for normal world I think it should stay the same that it is now, but maybe something shinier for Goddess area (Trolls-snow. Tauren-snow. Other crap-snow. Strongest bosses of that world-yeah, still snow. BOOORIIIING)

Woot new upgradable stuffs! Crap...more upgradable stuffs.....my poor wallet...(lol)

You shouldn't made that first one an option :P I checked it for lulz (but not the "Sick of snow" one...so I still didn't check all :P)

More thoughts still. They're a little stuck.

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

CryoZoneDate: Thursday, 2011-05-19, 6:20:25 PM | Message # 6
Stage 1
I'm not hard to control, I'm just high spirited and I see the potential in this map. Idgaf about how much work it'll be. I care about the epic result there will be once it's done. (I should get an avatar so my posts don't look so small. Signature too)

Behold, my friends, destiny, in its most brutal form! All the dreams that might have been. All the happiness, and sorrow, you might have experienced, gone forever! For you there will be no tomorrow!

Sandman366Date: Thursday, 2011-05-19, 9:28:50 PM | Message # 7
Stage 9
Quote (CryoZone)
I care about the epic result there will be once it's done.

Don't we all?

Malevolent criminal I,

AldarianDate: Saturday, 2011-05-21, 10:18:25 AM | Message # 8
Stage 1
I thought you where bsing me when you told me ingame a month or so ago that it was a chance you where gonna be working on the map. You where that savior that boosted me in Struggle if I remember correctly smile

IchibanBakaDate: Saturday, 2011-05-21, 10:45:45 AM | Message # 9
Stage 3
I just checked of tired of snow... But how about Normal world stays normal. But chaos world becomes more chaotic... I've often seen people say chaos world is too friendly... so make it more hostile looking if possible.

Hostile as in more dark colors since white is like the most friendly color out there, except for people with very bright monitors. So try to use more red/gray/black/really deep dark colors. Change the water into lava/magma. Light the city partially on fire would be awesome too.

Just what I thought would be more chaosish.

Sandman366Date: Saturday, 2011-05-21, 11:12:03 AM | Message # 10
Stage 9
Personally I think the town could use a revamp more than the terrain....it's so boring atm. There's only a handful of items anyone pays attention to, really, and absolutely nothing there is good for Chaotic World (well maybe that stupid orb of corruption but 5 armor is hardly useful)

Malevolent criminal I,

darkchaosDate: Saturday, 2011-05-21, 4:13:09 PM | Message # 11
Mapmaker
YEah, it needs a more chaosish feeling

CryoZoneDate: Saturday, 2011-05-21, 8:43:39 PM | Message # 12
Stage 1
I believe barrens would be a nice look for chaos. A chaos torn wasteland with little water, and low survivability. After the long apocalyptic weather, comes a period of dryness that is sure to kill all that the snow did not.

As for chaos starting items in town with new vendors, that's a great idea.

darkchaosDate: Saturday, 2011-05-21, 10:58:05 PM | Message # 13
Mapmaker
Well i was thinking lava and maybe the outland tileset thing. And well, isnt it fun when you jsut get to chaos and amazed at everything around you, and it takes you a while to get used to as your killing your first chaos creeps hoping for drops? Isnt that fun? Starting items make it less fun imo. Cus u can jsut farm in normal world and pwn eveyrthing in chaos - theres no transition if starting items are applied

GhostWolf223Date: Sunday, 2011-05-22, 0:56:54 AM | Message # 14
Stage 9
mabey make them weaker then demon items?

umm

GoDless items surprised

pieces of the GoDs? that people have scavenged or something lol

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

darkchaosDate: Sunday, 2011-05-22, 1:38:35 AM | Message # 15
Mapmaker
Make them have a big cost, but let there power be the avergae of go0ds and demons weapon str

god that post was ahrd to udnerstand

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » UPDATES AND A POLL
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024