Tuesday, 2024-05-14, 8:53:40 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Newbie Question - Unlocking the God Portal (Need Help)
Newbie Question - Unlocking the God Portal
General_PwnDate: Wednesday, 2011-05-18, 0:01:04 AM | Message # 1
Stage 1
Group: Users
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the map and b/c I don't find many games up, and there's still a lot I don't know ab the map. I actually managed to find the 3 keys on my own (even though I can't seem to find the ogre king or the tauren again, much less figure out how to walk into the water to find the hydra).

Anyways, I used the dimension key to blink to the platform to try to unlock the gods. It grabbed the key of valor out of my backpack and said that key was completed, but despite switching the other 2 keys (the keys needed to unlock the portal, not the dimensional key i bought) around from my personal inventory to backup, dropping 1, suiciding and reviving, etc. It would not accept the other 2 keys for the quest and I was unable to open the portal.

Any help is much appreciated.

Oh, not that it should matter, but I was lv 440 and the other players had left the game, but the 1 hour had not elapsed (in this particular case).

GhostWolf223Date: Wednesday, 2011-05-18, 6:40:05 AM | Message # 2
Stage 9
did you have the right keys?

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

General_PwnDate: Wednesday, 2011-05-18, 7:10:14 AM | Message # 3
Stage 1
Yes:

Redemption

Valor

and the 3rd one, I forget the name, but it matched the text in the goddess quest

(4th used dimensional to blink onto platform, I realize this key might not be necessary for the quest and that there are other ways to blink onto the platform)

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2011-05-18, 7:52:22 AM | Message # 4
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
You don't need to blink onto the platform. There's a bridge thing to get onto it, one on either side of it.
Valor, Redemption, Devotion.
Have them in your inventory (or backpack's inventory) and walk over all 3 spots. If they don't take, well, I don't understand what the problem is. I know Devotion goes into the right spot, but I forget which is which for the other 2 "slots"

Once you get the keys in, wait 2 minutes and then the waygate should work. I don't know why it takes so long to work sometimes. But you can blink into their area once you've got the keys done.

PS: What hero are you using? And what items? Curious as to if you can take them down yourself smile
(If you need any help, I'm sure one of us can help out.)

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

General_PwnDate: Wednesday, 2011-05-18, 8:06:00 AM | Message # 5
Stage 1
Okay, I wasn't aware that I needed to walk over certain spots. I thought that the wisp automatically collected the keys. That being said, I'm pretty sure I walked all over that platform...

My char is a lv 440 Dreadlord, but he should be able to take down the gods easy b/c I was able to pick up a ring of the struggle from 1 game where a lv 999 helped me out. All my other items are just boss things that drop from the non-chaos world. Mostly crit and atk spd items.

Does anyone have any help/advice to offer around the "3 slots" the keys fit into?

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2011-05-18, 8:19:18 AM | Message # 6
Stage 9
They're 3 squares that are fairly obvious. They're a different color from the rest of the platform. The key wisp shows up from the key being delivered. After this, the 3 wisps make a portal in the big square that has the glyphs around it. The middle "slot" (square) for the keys is between the "big square with glyphs" and the guy who gives the quest.

Problem with goddesses isn't that they have lots of health. It's that one has Big Bad Voodoo, one has a super-Tranquility and a "super Holy Light", while the other one has spells that might end up killing your house (...) And, worse yet, all 3 have a Divine Shield. Goddess of Life has no skills, but hurts...
SKIP THE GOD SLAYER. You can blink up the walls, run right past him (in theory) or use a zepplin to get up. If you kill him though (he has quite the arsenal) he drops Great Savior's Sword & Savior's Armor, but since you have Struggle Ring (at a level which you shouldn't -.-) you don't need these.
Have Struggle Ring, Ultimate Ogre Clubba (from ogre king. South end of the river, slightly to the west, then turn it in) or Axe of Bashing (axe is basically same but clubba is a little more damage) for the stun effect.
There are other guys on the mountain besides God Slayer and the goddesses, the 2 P guys which you should skip and the Zeknen guy who gives Chronos Stone, but you have struggle ring so skip them

PS: Make sure you get Medean Curse and have that as your orb effect, since I don't remember Dreadlord having any stat based skills (or any crits for that matter....get "Rigged Item" (from Evil Shopkeeper) or Iron Golem Fist for some super crits. Again, since you have struggle ring, you should probably go with Crit Fury ('rigged item') since you don't need the armor/stats from IGF, and Crit Fury is same crit with higher chance)

Malevolent criminal I,

General_PwnDate: Wednesday, 2011-05-18, 9:45:28 AM | Message # 7
Stage 1
Thanks for all the advice. I'll let you know if I'm able to solo them. What is crit fury btw? I haven't seen any pick's drop yet, but I imagine they would be useful too. Once I get my Dread Lord strong enough, I'm going to power level a PA.

Question:
Why do some heroes have stat-based abilities, like Savior who's thunderclap's damage is based on his str, while other chars, like dread lord, have carrion wave that does 2000 damage at all levels no matter what. Seriously how does that make any sense? I can't help but think my char is incredibly useless, as are about 90% of all the chars. Am I missing something?

GhostWolf223Date: Wednesday, 2011-05-18, 10:45:42 AM | Message # 8
Stage 9
PA?

they are updated heroes :P

more will be updated nxt verison

you can find Crit Fury as (Rigged item) in the Evil Shop Keeper (Secret Shop) hes perma invis and teles around :P

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2011-05-18, 11:49:20 AM | Message # 9
Stage 9
Phoenix Archer is all I can think of...even though I think he means Phoenix Ranger

Some heroes are updated to have stat-based skills, some aren't (like, say, Dreadlord). So some heroes are useless, some are kinda rigged

"Critical Fury" is bought from Evil Shopkeeper (buy the "Rigged Item") and the only real useful stat on it is a 75% 6x crit.

And yeah, Dreadlord is kinda useless.....but next ver is supposed to have a bunch of updated heroes so just wait smile

Malevolent criminal I,

General_PwnDate: Wednesday, 2011-05-18, 12:22:42 PM | Message # 10
Stage 1
Ah ok, that makes sense. Thanks for all the help guys, I'm sure I'll bug you again soon!

Added (2011-05-18, 12:22:42 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Oh yeah, I did mean Phoenix Ranger, even though Phoenix Archer is what PA stood for ^^

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2011-05-18, 12:38:11 PM | Message # 11
Stage 9
Feel free to. Wolf could use a competitor in the "Bugs people the most" contest :P

Malevolent criminal I,

GhostWolf223Date: Wednesday, 2011-05-18, 6:41:10 PM | Message # 12
Stage 9
pff >.>

he could never surpass me >:D lol

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2011-05-18, 6:44:39 PM | Message # 13
Stage 9
You still need a competitor in that field.

So Pwn, how's the fight with The Three Annoying-As-Wolf Bosses? (Goddesses)

Malevolent criminal I,

GhostWolf223Date: Wednesday, 2011-05-18, 8:55:22 PM | Message # 14
Stage 9
whoa only seso is the annoying one lol

the other 2 just get in my way from killing seso xD

Sandman366Date: Thursday, 2011-05-19, 8:01:48 AM | Message # 15
Stage 9
You're going to tell me Deis's summon & lightning aren't annoying?
Golems just hit Curse on you...and she killed your house. GF!
(Yes there are ways to counteract first and slow the second but it's still annoying)

Malevolent criminal I,

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Newbie Question - Unlocking the God Portal (Need Help)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024