Tuesday, 2024-05-14, 4:54:47 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Off Topic » Off-topic » BBott is....Dead....only to be REVIVED and better than ever!
BBott is....Dead....only to be REVIVED and better than ever!
TrueShadowDate: Sunday, 2010-06-20, 3:49:27 AM | Message # 1
Stage 10
Group: Administrator
Today, we mourn the death of BBott. I'm sure we'll all miss its hilarious antics such as randomly disconnecting players. Of course we will all miss its amazing maximum map upload speed of 45 KB/s. For a map like CoT (about 3.63 MB), it takes around 3.63 * 1024 / 45 = 82 seconds to upload the CoT map to a single person. 82 freaking seconds, that's ONE MINUTE AND TWENTY TWO SECONDS of your precious existence wasted by BBott....but of course this is on BBott's good days and only if you're lucky that there's only one map downloader. If there's more than one downloader, you can only hope to god that the person stays and doesn't just leave right after download finishes. Usually it ends up that you have to wait for the full lobby to fill up before the game starts because there's always that one #@!%@ that is still downloading. One downloader after another...makes you wait like 20 minutes sometimes before a game can start.

And when the game does start, on BBott's bad days, you end up with some heavy massive lag spikes, or continual delay (even for players from North America). Of course players from different continents will feel delay even if BBott was on one of its good days.

Well....anyways, let's not reminisce so much, but let's do remember BBott for it's good ole times of constantly muting people for using cuss words. That's always a fun biddie. But it did change its ways to only censoring to other players, quite a vast improvement over its ever struggle to edumacate English stricken players to not use cuss words. But of course, it only actually promotes some players to cuss even more to see those funny little stars *****.

Well...anywho, I realized how much I used the words "of course" and "well" and variants of the word "anyways" in this post so far. So let's cut to the chase, BBott is dead. Let's break a bottle of champagne on its mast and burn it to the ground like how One Piece burned down their poor old ship. *cries* sad

(Of course you really only break open champagne for brand spanking new boats, not beat up old boats at the end of its rope...and you don't really smash bottles on the mast...obviously the wrong part of the ship to be breaking it on. And you really shouldn't end sentences with prepositions or begin your sentences with conjunctions.)

For anyone that actually cares, BBott is now dead, you can throw a thorny rose on its ashes now.

valkierDate: Sunday, 2010-06-20, 8:22:06 AM | Message # 2
Webmaster
what happened?

CutenessDate: Sunday, 2010-06-20, 12:43:54 PM | Message # 3
Stage 4
Group: Users
CuteBott is cuter anyways >.> and I have been actually able to keep it up almost 24/7 too. It'll still go down occasionally ( like when my power-line got damaged from wind last week, not fun to have no elec or fans running in this heat =.= or when people poke the router when i tell them not to and the house looses internet until I reset it ) But overall, CuteBott will do its best to take Bbott's place with less random drops and delays then its predecessor (you have no idea how many different ways i had to spell that before spell check got the right spelling for predecessor >.< ).

I will miss Bbott for its smother run of Platform Escape though...CuteBott just can't seem to get a handle on that for some reason.

I'm not obsessed with Cute things......I just like them better then everything else <3

TrueShadowDate: Sunday, 2010-06-20, 12:48:42 PM | Message # 4
Stage 10
what happened?: BBott died....even bots die.

PS: Stop spelling it as Bbott, it's BBott!!!! Have some respect for the dead will ya!

CutenessDate: Sunday, 2010-06-20, 5:10:54 PM | Message # 5
Stage 4
Well, I'm sorry CuteBott pushed BBott down the sta-I mean, BBott tragically fell down the stairs and when he was fine CuteBott kicked him in the head repet-I mean, BBott suffered a severe head injury on his way down and didn't recover...we all mourn BBott's passing...especially CuteBott...really she does >.>

would I lie? :3

I'm not obsessed with Cute things......I just like them better then everything else <3

Message edited by Cuteness - Sunday, 2010-06-20, 5:11:52 PM

TrueShadowDate: Sunday, 2010-06-20, 11:18:35 PM | Message # 6
Stage 10
You do sound very sincere...

God_Of_DeathDate: Monday, 2010-06-21, 9:55:13 AM | Message # 7
Stage 7
Group: Moderator
I know isn't she kind.

TrueShadowDate: Monday, 2010-06-21, 8:31:28 PM | Message # 8
Stage 10
After watching BBott burn slowly, I collected the ashes and visited the science facility. I put in the ashes into this futuristic machine and a miracle happened! BBott has been revived! After 2 days, it came back from the dead. All of its disciples rejoiced.

And rejoice they did because BBott is better than ever. It is now residing in a much faster computing machine with a much faster bandwidth. Now BBott can upload maps to players at a BLAZING FAST speed of 500 KB/s. For a map like CoT (about 3.63 MB), that's about (3.63 * 1024 / 500) = 7.4 seconds to download the map. SEVEN POINT FOUR seconds, that's quicker than you can go to the restroom!!!

BevericeDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-22, 0:41:55 AM | Message # 9
Stage 1
Hehe my bot has a 1024 KB/s :P
And welcome back BBott

CutenessDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-22, 1:48:40 AM | Message # 10
Stage 4
4.52*1024/8 = 578.56KB/s

CuteBott's speed :3

valkierDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-22, 9:26:03 AM | Message # 11
Webmaster
Kev, do the people who were admin on the old one have admin on this one as well? Also, are the admin commands going to be the same?

CutenessDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-22, 12:05:15 PM | Message # 12
Stage 4
Sine when BBott updated, so did CuteBott, so as far as I understand:

If you were an Admin on old version, you're admin on new versions still too.

Commands changed slightly, BBott is still . command in chat channel or whispers, but while in game lobby and in game itself its changed to !

Same with CuteBott. ' in channel/whsipers and ! in games/lobby guess this is to allow votekicks, status checks, etc :3 hope this answered your question, if not, check out this link: http://clancm.ucoz.com/forum/3-7-1

the information I gave was pretty much from the 3rd post in that thread.

TrueShadowDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-22, 7:39:21 PM | Message # 13
Stage 10
Valk: Yep, what Cute said.

Beverice: you might have set your bot to 1024KB/s but is the internet connection your bot using actually that fast? Go to speedtest.net and check your upload speed. Then do the math, mb/s (megabits/sec) can be converted to KB/s (kilobytes/sec) by multiplying by 1024 and dividing by 8.

Cute: CuteBBott has slightly better map upload speed, but it will never be as smooth for jumping platforms! You can check how smooth your connection is by going to speedtest.net and then doing the ping test.

CutenessDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-22, 9:27:30 PM | Message # 14
Stage 4
Looks like my pings 30ms

ok, so CuteBott stats:

Upload Speed: 578.56KB/s
Ping Smoothness: 30ms

It is true though that I just cant jump platforms on CuteBott, I mean, I'm on the pc with CuteBott and I still get half a second of delay most of the time XD

Edit: well according to pingtest.net my pings 14ms >.> and apparently i have a 'Jitter' of 4ms O.o whatever that is

Message edited by Cuteness - Tuesday, 2010-06-22, 9:31:37 PM

TrueShadowDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-22, 9:51:26 PM | Message # 15
Stage 10
I have 0% packet loss and 1 ms jitter. Grade A.

The ping doesn't matter. Ping will be higher the farther away you are from the server location it chose to do the test. Ping is the time it takes for you to send a packet to the server and back. If you ping to a computer in China and your computer is in USA, it would take a lot more time (so more ms, which is milliseconds).

Forum » Off Topic » Off-topic » BBott is....Dead....only to be REVIVED and better than ever!
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024