Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Off Topic » Off-topic » FIFA WORLD CUP 2010
FIFA WORLD CUP 2010
myrealDate: Saturday, 2010-06-12, 1:44:55 PM | Message # 1
Stage 3
Group: Users
Am not really much of a sports fan but the world cup is always big and this is the only sport that i will watch (sometimes)

I liked last year when zidane headbutt that Italian guy in the chest. I noticed that Italy are big fakers in the sport and not to mention the amount of bribes and schemes that goes on in this sport. Once again France have all the good African players giving them citizenship so that they can have an advantage. I gotta say that you will never see a Spanish (Spain, Argentina Brazil) player selling out to play for another country, they probably wont be able to enter their country again.

So what are your teams, did i piss you off with that Italy comment lets hear your thoughts.

TrueShadowDate: Saturday, 2010-06-12, 11:48:26 PM | Message # 2
Stage 10
Group: Administrator
heh of course i'm rooting for usa, but damn that usa vs england group match totally stank. both teams were bad. lucky dempsey and butter fingers green.

You mean last time and not last year right? Zidane really stained his image...it was his last game and he had to go and do that no matter what the circumstances are, that just looks bad. Unless of course that italian guy personally hurt him like made a pass at his wife or something tongue

Hmmm if Korea gets a medal, would it be the first time in world cup history that an asian team get one?

myrealDate: Sunday, 2010-06-13, 1:23:55 AM | Message # 3
Stage 3
Its prob gonna be USA, England and Brazil to win once again. Brazil wont accept any bribes from these countries. A lot of this happens in this sport even the commissioner acknowledge this fact. I think Nike or sponsored the Brazilian team and Nike will pay them a few hundred Million if they are able to hold the cup.

As for Zidane the Italian player was talking smack about his sister, it wasn't the first he went overboard with it. it seem Zidane was holding it back but the guy pushed him to the limit. I don't think its a blemish on him it was a great way to go out LOL. That Italian guy deserved it and then some.

if an asian team gets a medal that would be great. Hopefully they have honor and don't sell out to the other countries. Funny how African teams always sellout, they usually have one star player and the rest are nobodies. Well i suppose being offered 1 mil euro or dollars will help a player greatly.

Added (2010-06-13, 1:23:55 Am)
---------------------------------------------
check out the headbutt on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAjWi663kXc

also soccer legend Diego maridona made an appearance at the cup. interesting.

TrueShadowDate: Monday, 2010-06-14, 0:30:39 AM | Message # 4
Stage 10
What do you mean by Maradona made an appearance, ain't he the coach of Argentina now? He's made appearances in other world cups though.

btw, USA men will not win lol....they have never won or will ever win. I bet that they will not win even in 12 years (3 world cups). USA men is a crap team that I root for biggrin

There is just so little interest in football...so little that we call it soccer...

The only time USA wins anything big in football is the women's team. USA just doesn't pump as much money into football as they do into other sports. They should just end baseball ;D

As you can tell from this article: http://online.wsj.com/article....orldCup
There's not even enough interest in USA to make people slack off at work.

For this world cup, I'm thinking Brazil, Germany, and Korea that will enter the quarters.

myrealDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-15, 11:19:08 PM | Message # 5
Stage 3
Yes he is Argentinas coach. I had forgotten how short he is all other people towers over him. He is probably the second best player ever in the world.

Based on performance now your right about brazil, ger and kor. I had a feeling about the USA but it doesnt look like their performance will improve this year. Funny how you still root for them even though you acknowledge they suck.

Man Korea and the asian teams are on fire. GREECE was like WTF!! when they lost to Korea. Total disbelief.

LMAO countries productivity dipped in the billions during the world cup. U.S doesnt even care everyone is so apathetic.
In europe bosses take the cup into consideration when making employee schedules that just kills me. Shoot somebody is they dont make em watch the cup lol.

TrueShadowDate: Wednesday, 2010-06-16, 1:27:18 AM | Message # 6
Stage 10
I think Maradona is the best football player of all time. One of the rare sports where height is not a big factor. As you can tell the Asian teams are doing well also.

US is a random luck team. They are not consistent, but sometimes they get real lucky like how they made it to the finals of the recent FIFA Confederation Cup. They did lackluster in group play, but in the semi-finals they beat Spain 2-0 and in the finals lost to Brazil 2-3. On paper this looks pretty good, however, if you look at statistics and ball possession percentage of those games...it's all luck lol.

Which is why it's so fun rooting for a team that is an underdog that has random luck shooting off.

bud-bus-Date: Wednesday, 2010-06-16, 2:55:05 AM | Message # 7
Lead Moderator
Group: Moderator
Quote (Kevvin)
I think Maradona is the best football player of all time

Sorry gotta disagree.. Pele ftw. But no doubt that Maradona is 2nd to him. cool

I've been trying to watch the games this year as much as possible..lol tongue

Ps. I LOVE FOOTBALL/SOCCER! happy

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

TrueShadowDate: Wednesday, 2010-06-16, 6:33:24 PM | Message # 8
Stage 10
Pele is an amazing player, but he's from Brazil; it's just much easier to do well on a team known to be consistently good. Argentina was also a good team when Maradona played, but Brazil overall in history would still be ranked much higher than Argentina. So, if two individuals are arguably the best (forward position player), I would have to say the better player is from the team that is not as good.

Forum » Off Topic » Off-topic » FIFA WORLD CUP 2010
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024