Monday, 2024-04-29, 0:16:23 AM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Off Topic » Off-topic » Obligatory Update Response Post (as demanded by Chaos)
Obligatory Update Response Post
God_Of_DeathDate: Monday, 2011-03-14, 4:24:17 PM | Message # 61
Stage 7
Group: Moderator
As long as he doesn't pull a blizzard right.

IchibanBakaDate: Monday, 2011-03-14, 5:25:59 PM | Message # 62
Stage 3
Group: Users
Can't wait to start playing again. BTW do we get a pre-release changelog?

GhostWolf223Date: Monday, 2011-03-14, 5:31:24 PM | Message # 63
Stage 9
yes pwease :D!

ill do 1/7767 things pick one on the approved list :O

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

Sandman366Date: Monday, 2011-03-14, 6:03:13 PM | Message # 64
Stage 9
Even if he pulls a Blizzard it'll still be out in under a week, because he said so.

If he pulls a true Blizzard, I'd say consider it abandoned for a couple of years. Which would lose almost all of it's following until the month before release.

If he pulls a DC, we'll go a long time without updates, then a short time with so many updates we're dizzy.

If he'd just average the time between updates so we don't have one every 6 hours or one every 6 months, that'd be much nicer.

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

GhostWolf223Date: Monday, 2011-03-14, 6:18:11 PM | Message # 65
Stage 9
how bout 6 every 6 days of every 6 week?

Sandman366Date: Monday, 2011-03-14, 6:34:45 PM | Message # 66
Stage 9
How about one every 3-7 days?

And I think you mean 6 on the 6th day of the 6th week. Which seems stupid, and very similar to what I just said I hate. Long periods of none, rush bunch, repeat. Why can't we get one every little while instead of 8gb per week in just CoT map downloads or 40 MB per year of CoT map downloads?

Malevolent criminal I,

Mystic_ProphetDate: Monday, 2011-03-14, 6:51:55 PM | Message # 67
Stage 4
I believe this was discussed in a previous thread, or earlier in this same thread (I've created a monster). Mapmaking is not Chaos' job, he doesn't work on it with a set schedule. Nor is that necessarily feasable for him to do with school and/or work and whatever else might be taking up his time. Two factors combine to create map updates.

1. you have the time
2. you actually feel like working on the map

Typically these two coincide only when you have ALOT of free time. Hence him working on it over spring break. Cause when you have a couple hours to spare after finishing up a paper or a reading assignment, the last thing you want to do is spend a couple of hours copy pasting item and unit field data, editing hundreds of tooltips, and tweaking triggers continuously until they work exactly how you want them to.

Personally I go on with my life as normal, and when an update does comes along I thank Chaos for not being as lazy as I am with regards to mapmaking. Spending your entire time waiting for the next update is neither productive nor enjoyable. Demanding that updates come faster or cater to your desired time table is both unrealistic and a tad bit rude, despite how polite you may be about it.

Enjoy the update you have, and when you grow bored of it, play something else until a new one comes along. That's all I have to say on that topic.

*on a side note. I find it amusing that my rank on the forum now corresponds to my actual military rank*

Sandman366Date: Monday, 2011-03-14, 7:00:06 PM | Message # 68
Stage 9
I'm a bit bored of it, since it feels like a week for a single level on my DSumm (esp with broken level 3 bonus) and there's no point in playing atm since next update (this week) is code wipe.

And you don't think I know people need to have the time/inspiration/mood to work on it? Of course I know life always wants to get in the way of it, because reality sucks. Why do you think I play video games? Escape reality, because it sucks. Reality doesn't like a prison break, and thus makes the cage stronger, which I just want to break out of, thus creating the loop. The more reality sucks, the more I want out.

Of course, reality has this funny way of making me not care to escape because nothing seems interesting at that time due to caging the makers and their ideas of said video games. It's worse than getting caged yourself.

By the way, you forgot to mention waiting a week for the map to load to test the 2 characters he changed. For 500 changed characters. Per trigger that needs perfecting. Per hero that needs updating. I could go on but I'm sure you get the idea.

Malevolent criminal I,

GhostWolf223Date: Monday, 2011-03-14, 7:02:32 PM | Message # 69
Stage 9
youra sergeant :O!?

can i call u sarge from now on :o?

and and and so my thingy was still the best ^.^

cause no one will remember the time that he has to work on it so it can come anytime :D!! lol

Sandman366Date: Monday, 2011-03-14, 7:06:49 PM | Message # 70
Stage 9
Your "thingy" made little sense. Just like "and and and" (unless you're stuttering.)
But eh.
You really should work on grammar. Sorry, it just, sorta hurts my eyes a little to look at that...(you aren't the worst though. I saw somewhere someone spelled "would" as "wude".)

And if someone calls me a perfectionist, I'll work on having English so bad for a few posts you'll ask for a translator, when it's English.
If someone calls me a perfectionist in jest just to get me to do that, I won't.

And even though this is a general post topic I still feel like this is going off topic. Grrr......

Malevolent criminal I,

Mystic_ProphetDate: Monday, 2011-03-14, 7:32:32 PM | Message # 71
Stage 4
I think you can blame Ghostwolf's obsession with the number 666 and his burning desire for people to pay attention to him and call him a "good doggy".

And on the note of topicness. Post quotes of your favorite characters that could act as in game descriptions.

Example: Psychopath "You wouldn't happen to have a bit of cheese on you, says I? No says you? Many's the night I've dreamt of cheese, toasted mostly."

Message edited by Mystic_Prophet - Monday, 2011-03-14, 7:32:59 PM

God_Of_DeathDate: Monday, 2011-03-14, 7:39:01 PM | Message # 72
Stage 7
That quote reminds me of Sheogorath from Oblivion.

GhostWolf223Date: Monday, 2011-03-14, 8:03:56 PM | Message # 73
Stage 9
hey its wolfy to you sarge >:( lol

I can type with correct grammer.

but its no fun sad

my obsessions with the number 7767 <33 lol

im just a happy person ^.^ lol or a deranged psychopathic killer.....who knows ^.^

Savior (avatar): All....All of this power.....RAWWW POWERRR!!!!!!

God_Of_DeathDate: Monday, 2011-03-14, 8:12:00 PM | Message # 74
Stage 7
I like the number blank blank blankety blank. That is my security code.

Mystic_ProphetDate: Monday, 2011-03-14, 9:02:47 PM | Message # 75
Stage 4
Heh I could give some real quotes from the savior. 2 of them anyway. Lets see. Both of these quotes are before they actually become saviors though.

"I chose the way of power instead of my wife, and for that yes... I am a traitor. Never again." -Maxxim Malone

"Just take the girl and go before you lose something more than your hands rookie." -Banon Malone

Forum » Off Topic » Off-topic » Obligatory Update Response Post (as demanded by Chaos)
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024