Sunday, 2024-05-05, 1:00:56 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » Weather (Weather recomendation)
Weather
Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2011-03-30, 3:39:49 PM | Message # 31
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
It's difficult to not break that rule if you wanna show where you're basing another idea, so that they have an example. And I try really hard to not break it too (not to evade it, just not break it)

Another weather idea. Some kinda gravity distortion. Say it's on the left side of the map, moving left you go faster, moving right you go slower. Probly would be hard to make (if even possible) but would be very interesting to see.

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

Message edited by Sandman366 - Wednesday, 2011-03-30, 3:41:02 PM

NOCFeRnAlDate: Thursday, 2011-03-31, 6:48:30 PM | Message # 32
Stage 3
Group: Users
Sunny weather at night looks strange, ya know?

When the world comes to an end,
Will u stay with me, my friend?

Sandman366Date: Thursday, 2011-03-31, 7:17:58 PM | Message # 33
Stage 9
During normal world, yeah.
Most just say during Chaotic World it's chaotic so anything could happen.

Malevolent criminal I,

DraculaDate: Thursday, 2011-03-31, 8:44:58 PM | Message # 34
Stage 2
Most just say during Chaotic World it's chaotic so anything could happen.

I see that if we're to accomplish anything interesting with the weather, this perception needs to be debunked.

There are several definitions of chaos, but the one relevant to us is the following: "a state of utter confusion or disorder; a total lack of organization or order"

The definition of this has been twisted several times to imply that it can only be bad. All chaos means is that it doesn't make sense, is completely random, or both.

If the chaotic realm was chaotic in the literal sense, anything can and should be happening.

Several chaotic hurricanes could strike in a row.
Azzazoth's Staff could randomly fall out of the sky next to you and combust the instant you touch it, wiping out everything on the map.
A disfigured limb of the Forgotten Leader could fly into you at 500 mph.
Your enemies could turn into gold coins when you hit them.

In other words, if the chaotic realm was chaotic in the literal sense, the game would have no point if not be rendered outright unplayable.

In games, gameplay always has to come before realism if you want your game to work. It's that simple.

Given that, let's analyze what the current weather does.

Divine Grace: Maxes out both speeds.
Sunny: Increases both speeds.
Clear: Inert.
Rain/Heavy Rain: Movespeed reduction.
Snow/Heavy Snow: Reduces both speeds.
Fog: Reduces attackspeed.
Hurricane: Maximally reduces both speeds.

Fairly early on, there comes a point where heroes' attackspeeds max out and Divine Grace/Sunny become redundant (about level 100 with decent items?). Rain/Snow aren't that bad in the normal world since there are items with blink and the attackspeed reduction isn't that bad, but once you go into the Chaotic Realm, they make your life miserable until you get Thanatos's Wings (a significant chunk of the game later at 775). I don't see Chaotic Fog/Hurricane that often, but I know that they've rendered me combat-inept when they have appeared.

So basically, a 50% chance (+ whatever Divine Grace is) for no substantial benefit once you're past level 50-100 or a 50% (- Divine Grace) chance to be epically ruined until the weather switches again.

Opponents of changing the weather will argue that you can simply hide in Struggle or Colo to avoid the weather. The Infinite Struggle only remains EXP-efficient for so long, and the Colo's XP rate runs down too quickly for it to retain efficiency for the duration of the night, not to mention the fact that you can't do either anyway if Sins are camping the entrance.

If the negative weather isn't going to be counterable by people who don't have certain items, then it should either be nerfed or the positive weather should actually do something substantial.

For example (suggesting these to get the point across, not arguing that they're balanced/awesome/what have you):
Chaotic Sun: The sun's rays burst into the chaotic realm, weakening enemies severely by halving their armorcounts.

Chaotic Influence: The energies of the chaotic realm solidify into spikes on your body. 10% damage return.

Chaotic Hurricane: A hurricane moves around the map, massively slowing (and possibly dealing 0.05% max HP damage per second) to anything inside it. The hurricane covers roughly 1/8 of the map at any given time.

Yours truly,
Count Vlad Tepes Dracula III
(But you can just call me Drac.)

GhostWolf223Date: Thursday, 2011-03-31, 9:01:23 PM | Message # 35
Stage 9
i like them o.o

i like gravity idea too surprised

hmmm chaotic...disorder...order...normal?

i just confused my self o.o?

but....i dont understand why the weathers just cant effect enemys also?

i mean really lol can they walk normally in a hurricane?

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

Sandman366Date: Friday, 2011-04-01, 1:42:21 PM | Message # 36
Stage 9
Quote (GhostWolf223)
i mean really lol can they walk normally in a hurricane?

They're chaotic. So technically it should be random if they're affected. But DarkChaos is evil (hence the "Dark" part of "DarkChaos") and makes weather never affect them.
Disclaimer: In no way am I saying DC is evil, except possibly in this case. And other possibly I will add on a case to case basis. But he's nice for making the map in the first place. (*hopes this lets him stay on DC's good side*) [lol]

Quote (GhostWolf223)
i just confused my self o.o?

It happens to all of us eventually once in a while.

Quote (Dracula)
Azzazoth's Staff could randomly fall out of the sky next to you and combust the instant you touch it, wiping out everything on the map.
A disfigured limb of the Forgotten Leader could fly into you at 500 mph.
Your enemies could turn into gold coins when you hit them.

Those could actually be cool! Well, until you touch Aza's staff. As for the limb, just duck. Lol!

Quote (Dracula)
Chaotic Sun: The sun's rays burst into the chaotic realm, weakening enemies severely by halving their armorcounts.
Chaotic Influence: The energies of the chaotic realm solidify into spikes on your body. 10% damage return.
Chaotic Hurricane: A hurricane moves around the map, massively slowing (and possibly dealing 0.05% max HP damage per second) to anything inside it. The hurricane covers roughly 1/8 of the map at any given time.

First is epic and sweet and should be in the map already.
Second is okay I guess, only really works for people who tank. Someone will complain it's rigged on bosses though, just wait.
Third could be nice except if you get stuck in it and it kills you.

PS: I'm not sure which is worse, Chaotic Heavy Snow or Chaotic Hurricane. Probably Hurricane as it can lag horridly, but I'm not sure.

Malevolent criminal I,

GhostWolf223Date: Friday, 2011-04-01, 7:50:36 PM | Message # 37
Stage 9
hurricane reduces everything to 100 (lowest)
hsnow just lowers it by like 500 lol so lowest as well surprised

Sandman366Date: Thursday, 2011-04-07, 8:16:16 PM | Message # 38
Stage 9
Quote (lightvizer)
the weather is just stupid... im not sure why you would add that into the game... i had my base destroyed by legion while in colo.. i suicided and ran to buy a base but ohhh look weather made me run at like 10 movement speed and i lost and had to join another game..

I think 100 is slowest that weather that will give. Yeah, Legion sucks. We all hate him. Join the club. Just don't colo so often and build new house RIGHT outside town so that you can get another one where you actually want it.
Anyway, you broke a rule, and this sounds more like complaining about Legion than weather. But we all hate both when they're unkind, and love when they're nice. So eh. Win some, lose some.

Malevolent criminal I,

lightvizerDate: Friday, 2011-04-08, 1:40:29 PM | Message # 39
Stage 1
i dont care about legion.. building a new base is no problem.. the problem is when u move super slow and dont have enough time to rebuild. and what point is there to the weather? all it does is annoy everyone that plays.. which is something u want to avoid when making a game..

GhostWolf223Date: Friday, 2011-04-08, 2:40:02 PM | Message # 40
Stage 9
it makes the game unique

Sandman366Date: Friday, 2011-04-08, 2:46:04 PM | Message # 41
Stage 9
Light, how many OTHER games do you know of with weather conditions?

I'll admit they SUCK at the moment, it feels much easier to get weather that'll absolutely ruin the game until it goes away (ESPECIALLY at lower levels) but eventually it's more of a meaningless nuisance than an actual problem. I've been playing a Savior lately and I suggest you try it, his blink makes my only problem attack speed weather.

Malevolent criminal I,

lightvizerDate: Friday, 2011-04-08, 6:30:02 PM | Message # 42
Stage 1
It may be unique but when it comes down to whether or not someone is going to play the game the weather is definitely NOT a pro. It is a con. A unique con. haha

Sandman366Date: Friday, 2011-04-08, 7:01:57 PM | Message # 43
Stage 9
Yeah it's a pain in the butt usually until you've got high-end gear for that world (Aura of Gods makes all weather nothing in Normal World, epic stats in Chaotic World just means you need movespeed) but it definitely keeps things interesting....or annoying....lol

Note:The rule is no swearing.
Edit:

Quote (valkier)
11. Keep all language PG-13.

Malevolent criminal I,

Message edited by Sandman366 - Saturday, 2011-04-09, 10:36:09 AM

KrazyFruitDate: Saturday, 2011-04-09, 7:46:30 AM | Message # 44
Stage 4
You can kill me now but i like the system in ST's map, yes, the map is dead but it has a season system, like the weather one but the cons it comes with are not as bad as here. Also, it has more PRO's rather than CON's to live up with.

I suggest you could make the weather effects less harsh, and theres more negative weathers again. Like the Chaotic Hurricane. Its GG, lots of swearing during that weather. Make it weaker or smth, people would be much more acceptive to it then (:

Sandman366Date: Saturday, 2011-04-09, 10:38:05 AM | Message # 45
Stage 9
I'd say wait it out or do colo when it's seriously bad weather

PS: Lol@other map mention (not just hinting, telling who made...)
PS: Death, read above edit

Malevolent criminal I,

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » Weather (Weather recomendation)
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024