Sunday, 2024-05-05, 10:19:08 AM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » AI is still far too overpowered in start of Single Player (So Hard to start a base and get the hell outta there alive.)
AI is still far too overpowered in start of Single Player
UDeepDate: Tuesday, 2010-10-05, 11:20:06 PM | Message # 1
Stage 1
Group: Users
Very early in the game. I find the AI is still far too overwhelming especially when even the easiest monsters have instantly fast attack speed and far too high damage. For example, the Phoenix ranger already gets 2 hit KO from the tuskars.

My 2 cents: how about a way to actually adjust the difficulty in the beginning part of the game when it detects single player mode? or take out or nerf the insane attack speed buff those idiotic AI monsters already have. Only a very small number of heroes can take them.

GhostWolf223Date: Wednesday, 2010-10-06, 5:43:58 AM | Message # 2
Stage 9
they get all their insane buffs from the 3 goddess that rig the hell outta monters lol

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

darkchaosDate: Wednesday, 2010-10-06, 3:31:53 PM | Message # 3
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
kill a nerub with 3 lightning claws. they drop armor that sells for 1750

Mystic_ProphetDate: Wednesday, 2010-11-17, 0:00:52 AM | Message # 4
Stage 4
I still don't understand why you didn't reduce the range on goddess abilities chaos. It just penalizes new players. At the moment your best bet is attacking the two trolls to the left of town, or trying to run over to nerubs without being killed.

I simply had to make a nation and tome up before i was capable of anything. But items such as firey claws are cheap and help a good amount for the first few levels.

TrueShadowDate: Wednesday, 2010-11-17, 7:42:20 PM | Message # 5
Stage 10
Group: Administrator
Quote (UDeep)
Phoenix ranger already gets 2 hit KO from the tuskars

That is the price you pay for playing the Phoenix Ranger. Plenty of other heroes that would not get killed so easily.

For a lot of rpgs, the beginning levels are the hardest.

Of course this thread was posted a month ago, well hopefully it helps out others.

afisDate: Wednesday, 2010-12-15, 12:48:23 PM | Message # 6
Stage 1
That is the price you pay for playing the Phoenix Ranger. Plenty of other heroes that would not get killed so easily.
While it is true that other heroes survive easier, most of them cannot kill the trolls. the base atk damage cannot overcome the healing troll + game autoheal.
Getting first couple levels is always very hard and there is no reason it should be, nor does it make sense that it is easier to kill lvl 5 nerubians then the lvl 3-4 trolls. I say drop the levels for the trolls and make them weaker so people have a way to get early exp. and the lower level will motivate people to move on later once they lkeveled a bit to fight stuff that gives more exp. alternatively just move the ice trolls elsewhere and drop a couple lvl 2 tuskars into early part. then people can get to lvl 3 or whatever level they feel they need before moving further.
The current system jsut encourages power-leveling too much since u almost don;t have a choice at start. That or use the rigged fierey claws or lightning claws. and yes they are rigged since the same shop sells an item for about 1.5k that gives the same atk boost.

Mystic_ProphetDate: Wednesday, 2010-12-15, 6:00:49 PM | Message # 7
Stage 4
Heh. The problem is that all the creeps in the map are balanced for level 50 heroes, the trolls nerubians and tuskars are just anomalies. You weren't supposed to play this map without having first played the first cot and saved a hero from it, and the creeps haven't really been rebalanced since the original version of plains of medea.

valkierDate: Wednesday, 2011-03-23, 1:01:35 AM | Message # 8
Webmaster
Group: Administrator
Thread closed:

First mistake: You made a single player thread. This game isn't meant to be played in single player mode. Also, DC has addressed the thread.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » AI is still far too overpowered in start of Single Player (So Hard to start a base and get the hell outta there alive.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024