[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Hacker Reports » Hackers
Hackers
darkchaosDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-07, 11:15:41 PM | Message # 1
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
If you find any hackers get a screenshot and upload to imageshack, photobucket etc. and then post the link here. Ill ban them from the game so hackers can't play a legitimate game with normal people, and will only be able to play hacked versions with other hackers.

Currently banned people (will be implemented in .55):
Nemzizo
Doomed_Dynasties
zammylordxx
Gilorean
13lade
Godownsu
psychy101
tlsdbcjf
cheese417624
TrueMalice

God_Of_DeathDate: Monday, 2009-10-12, 4:50:27 PM | Message # 2
Stage 7
Group: Moderator
do you care if people use hacked versions for offline testing?

darkchaosDate: Monday, 2009-10-12, 11:12:38 PM | Message # 3
Mapmaker
Yes because you can just save in a singleplayer enabled hacked ver and load in a multiplayer game.

AnomDate: Tuesday, 2009-10-13, 2:02:50 AM | Message # 4
Stage 1
Group: Users
How do you know if someone's hacking?

pado_aaDate: Tuesday, 2009-10-13, 4:26:14 AM | Message # 5
Stage 1
prob items.

if they have any sin equipment = haxor pretty much

if they have darkchaos hero = haxor pretty much (unless their ID is darkchaos)

if they have extremely high lvl with gg equipment like just after a version with codewipe is enabled = haxor.

shaclowzDate: Tuesday, 2009-10-13, 10:51:10 AM | Message # 6
Stage 1
oh really?? ive seen some people on forums loading lvl 999 heroes with like 52k STR and AGIL with sin gears, would that count as hacking?? since I doubt anybody would spend like days just buying tomes to get both STR and AGIL to 52k

God_Of_DeathDate: Tuesday, 2009-10-13, 3:05:16 PM | Message # 7
Stage 7
I actually had sin gear. Does that make me a hacker, oh and how do I post screenshots.

KySotoDate: Tuesday, 2009-10-13, 3:22:25 PM | Message # 8
Sub mod.
not ALWAYS true cuz dark code wiped a couple times and my hero loaded. it didnt have any sin gear cuz i never was able to kill a sin but anywho sometimes the code wipes dont take

God_Of_DeathDate: Tuesday, 2009-10-13, 3:24:03 PM | Message # 9
Stage 7
New save system now (to an extent) so I believe the code wipe took.

KySotoDate: Tuesday, 2009-10-13, 3:25:03 PM | Message # 10
Sub mod.
well yeah this time. the code lengths were different :P but my char now is almost better then my old one cept on levels

PieratDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-14, 12:13:12 PM | Message # 11
Stage 1
Things to make detecting hackers easier:

ask them a few questions about the game, and particularly who dropped what gear or how much something costs that they have. ESPECIALLY something like upgraded thanatos's wings, which nobody who bought the upgrades should forget how much they cost, because chances are they spent a lot of time gaining all the money for it.

implement some way for other people to tell how much plat coins and arc lumber they have maybe? in twilights eve there was ALWAYS a stupid hacker that had 1 million shards in a public game.

bud-bus-Date: Wednesday, 2009-10-14, 2:26:49 PM | Message # 12
Lead Moderator
Quote (Pierat)
implement some way for other people to tell how much plat coins and arc lumber they have maybe?

like a -stats (player color) or something to that effect cool
me and MrPie were discussing this last night, saying that you should be able to see other player's HP/Exp Rate/Pc's/AL's/Time Played etc.. cool

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

TrueShadowDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-14, 9:15:39 PM | Message # 13
Stage 10
Group: Administrator
Bans are good, but name banning people on a map is kinda how do you say iffy. Since anyone can just namespoof. Or better yet, join a multirealm bot and use someone else's name by simply just switching realms. Since I'm a big time hoster and my bot is multirealm, I worry if name bans on a map are a good solution. I only ban via IP (but even then people can just switch IP via proxy). In the end, hard to ban hackers =/. They can just switch names...

off-topic: haha i had like 2k shards in twilight at one point...then i played dota with that egotistical angel-ex-death (perhaps aka green_day_dance)...well things got ugly and vowed to never play/host twilight ever again.

Message edited by Kevvin - Wednesday, 2009-10-14, 9:59:29 PM

WhimsicalyukiDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-14, 9:21:53 PM | Message # 14
Stage 5
what if it's an older version of the map that has been hacked? can we test some things on those? it helps to figure out some thing i think, though at the moment i completely forgot what example i was going to use, anyways hacking is bad, ruins the fun, like power leveling. I'm highly against both, that is.. if it's to save or something, if it's messing around i wouldn't mind, like playing a singly player game with bunch of cheats :P, but really you can ask kysoto whether i like plvl or not.. I hated it to the extent i spent an hour or so staying in a game that has been made into chaos realm with a lvl 7 royal guardian fun fun :P, kysoto offers plvls too much.. and is kind of forceful with it too now that i think about it, but hey not like he had negative intentions, so it's all good ^-^

what would happen if Yuki was a vampire

darkchaosDate: Wednesday, 2009-10-14, 9:26:58 PM | Message # 15
Mapmaker
Yeah well you can name spoof if you risk getting banned by blizzard :')

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Hacker Reports » Hackers
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024