Saturday, 2024-05-18, 9:07:09 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Colosseum Update + Question
Colosseum Update + Question
darkchaosDate: Sunday, 2010-01-31, 5:30:03 PM | Message # 1
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
To go to the colosseum, you must go to the colosseum director which is located in town(to the right of the merchant who sells the abandoned peasants). Once you enter in range of him, you'll get a series of dialogs that outline your choices and also accept players if team survival is picked. In order to recruit a player to do team survival with you, he/she must be 100 levels within you (+/- 100), and within the colosseum director. That player will then get a dialog to accept/not. Once the players have all accepted, the player chooses the diffuculty and then goes to the colosseum.

For the colosseum, I currently have survival, team survival, and PvP as options for entering the arena. Only one player may use the colloseum at one time (except if your doing team survival, or PvP). Survival makes you survive for x number of rounds (not decided yet) depending on the diffuculty that you picked before you entered the colloseum, team survival is the same thing, except you face more/stronger creeps depending on how many players are participating. Each player participating gets gold depending on the number of monsters killed and how long you lasted, on survival/team survival. XP is also decided on survival/team survival as being an % of your Colosseum XP. More information:

The game begins as you choose a character from one of the tiers. Your colloseum XP is then set to 1.00. Over time, your colloseum XP goes up up to a maximum of 2.00. However, every time you participate in the arena, your colloseum XP goes down, up to a minumum of 0.00. When you defeat creatures in the colloseum, you gain extra XP if your colloseum XP is greater than 1.00 and less xp if your colloseum XP is less than 1.00. This is because colloseum XP affects your Current Experience Rate while only in the colloseum. Say your colloseum XP was 1.20 and your current experience rate was 60%. If you went to the colloseum and picked survival, then your current experience rate would be 72%, however if your colloseum XP was 0.8 and experience rate was 60%, then your current experience rate would be 48%. To those who understand the pattern, your current experience rate would then be (colloseum XP * current experience rate) in the colloseum. Colloseum XP saves with your character. This creates a reason to go to colloseum, and a reason to not farm in it forever, while also making sure the player kills creatures outside the colloseum.

PvP is between two players. To enter in PvP, it is similiar to team survival in picking the player, however you can pick only one player. After the player is picked, the two players (the player picked, and the player who went up to the colosseum director) go into the colosseum and fight. Killing another player in PvP does not yield any XP. If the person who first created the PvP duel chose a battle for honor, then the victor gains one honor point, while the loser loses one honor point. The battle also yields no honor if the loser is 100 levels below you and if he/she has no honor, however it gives triple the honor if the player is 100 levels above you. When you create a character, he/she starts with 15 honor. Honor can be used to buy PvP gear for Honor, Gold or Platinum Coins(will not be implemented in next version, simply because this all is just taking way too much time.) A Battle that does not include honor can also be selected. Honor saves with your character.

I will add future modes in the future (eg. Team PvP, Doppleganger(defeat a stronger copy of you to win gold/stuff)). Now I have a question. First, dwhat type of monsters do you want to be faced in the arena? I can add monsters that are already in the game, such as ogre overlords/nerubians in the arena and only increase them in amount for a larger number of players, or add custom monsters for each round faced in the arena? (will take more time, but will make the colloseum more unique). Second question is, how do you think of this idea?

Survival and team Survival also get harder if Chaos world is on.

P.S. (It took me 40 minutes to write this post)

WhimsicalyukiDate: Sunday, 2010-01-31, 6:49:28 PM | Message # 2
Stage 5
Group: Users
O_O I want some unique monsters that only shows up in arena, and maybe you could reinforce a system here where you can drop a chaotic boss item to fight a stronger version of that boss for enhanced chance of better version of that item(I.E. drop thanatos wings, thanatos with double stats spawns in a secluded area(where no one can teleport into or walk into), and the person who dropped the item teleports to solo the enhanced thanatos with high chance of dropping rare wings, and if rare thanatos wings is dropped, thanatos with 4x the normal stats spawns for high chance of legendary wings dropping, with no chance of normal wings dropping) you know something like that, to make legendaries a bit easier to get >_>

Edit: mmm i think survival should become harder for level no matter what world you're in, so level 300+ has something to do while waiting for people to be ready for chaos realm if theres anyone that's not, and it can work alternatively as well, like a level 4 has something to do in chaos world :P you know stuff like that >_>

what would happen if Yuki was a vampire

Message edited by Whimsicalyuki - Sunday, 2010-01-31, 6:52:41 PM

darkchaosDate: Monday, 2010-02-01, 3:47:10 PM | Message # 3
Mapmaker
and maybe you could reinforce a system here where you can drop a chaotic boss item to fight a stronger version of that boss for enhanced chance of better version of that item(I.E. drop thanatos wings, thanatos with double stats spawns in a secluded area(where no one can teleport into or walk into), and the person who dropped the item teleports to solo the enhanced thanatos with high chance of dropping rare wings, and if rare thanatos wings is dropped, thanatos with 4x the normal stats spawns for high chance of legendary wings dropping, with no chance of normal wings dropping) you know something like that, to make legendaries a bit easier to get >_>
Your idea puts more emphasis on the arena than the non-arena. Im striving for a balance, which will not make a arena a piece of crap, and not powerleveling/items heaven, but somewhere in between.
O_O I want some unique monsters that only shows up in arena,
I thought that also because else it would just be more repetitive with the same monsters you killed showing up in the arena in packs.
Edit: mmm i think survival should become harder for level no matter what world you're in, so level 300+ has something to do while waiting for people to be ready for chaos realm if theres anyone that's not, and it can work alternatively as well, like a level 4 has something to do in chaos world :P you know stuff like that >_>
I forgot to mention I already added a fullblown area that houses the original town, and bunch of other creeps in a "part of dimension" that the paladin saved from the chaos world (You'll know if you play the ver :P) that transports players there under 300. Survival works in this way, if you didn't understand: There are 4 levels, weak, normal, strong, very strong. Weak starts with weak creeps and eventually goes up into more powerful creeps, the longer you survive/kill more the more you gain in terms of gold. Weak is for 1 - 250ish, normal 250 - 500ish, etc.

WhimsicalyukiDate: Monday, 2010-02-01, 6:43:12 PM | Message # 4
Stage 5
mmm sounds good to me, but uhmm 1 question, wouldn't the extra new monsters be like.... raising size of the map? >_< and ummm a suggestion, make it so that the rounds are random like with arena monsters, so that it's not the same if someone decides to farm the arena you know something new every time even if it's the same difficulty :P

darkchaosDate: Monday, 2010-02-01, 8:48:00 PM | Message # 5
Mapmaker
mmm sounds good to me, but uhmm 1 question, wouldn't the extra new monsters be like.... raising size of the map?
Won't have that large of an effect.
ummm a suggestion, make it so that the rounds are random like with arena monsters, so that it's not the same if someone decides to farm the arena you know something new every time even if it's the same difficulty :P
I wanted to have the rounds in a fixed order that go up from weakest -> strongest monsters. Wont making it random make it unfair, as you might face the storngest creep in the 1-250 level survival as level 1, and get pwned in 1.3 seconds.

WhimsicalyukiDate: Tuesday, 2010-02-02, 9:14:04 AM | Message # 6
Stage 5
mmmm but wouldn't fixed order make it a bit repetitive? i was thinking more in terms of having bunch of unique monsters, with chance of appearing, with different skills but around same difficulty to be in each round's section of possible spawn, ex. you can have either phoenix, fire dragon, or hydra come out on the 25th round of 1~250 level, you only can have 1 monster on that level as a boss type round or something right? and ummm it can be any of the 3 and they all have different spells. That idea would take longer to finish especially with all the stuff you'll be adding to make this coliseum idea happen, but this would make the arena more unpredictable making it more fun :P tell me what you think of it yami-chi :P

darkchaosDate: Friday, 2010-02-05, 11:54:37 PM | Message # 7
Mapmaker
considering there will be around lets say, 50 rounds then. This is just considering my idea. Having all unique units, you will have 50x4 = 200 units for normal world and 200x4 again for chaotic world. Then you get 400(200+200=400) units from both worlds. Now, considerign your idea of 3 random units per wave, that would = to 400x3 = 1200 custom units. That is about 10x more units that are in the whole game altogether.

WhimsicalyukiDate: Saturday, 2010-02-06, 1:36:53 AM | Message # 8
Stage 5
O_O mm... wow... uhmmm so why would it be 50x4 in the first part? anyawys still that's a loooooooot of units O_O

darkchaosDate: Saturday, 2010-02-06, 1:19:19 PM | Message # 9
Mapmaker
50 rounds in survival, a unique monster for each round. Being there 4 types of levels: weak, normal, strong very strong -- 50 different monsters for every level.

WhimsicalyukiDate: Saturday, 2010-02-06, 2:32:47 PM | Message # 10
Stage 5
oh right >_> forgot about that >_<.... mmmmm yeah that'd take way too much time and memory wouldn't it? >_<

darkchaosDate: Saturday, 2010-02-06, 5:44:22 PM | Message # 11
Mapmaker
I can do it fine if i dont include your idea >.>

bud-bus-Date: Saturday, 2010-02-06, 10:13:30 PM | Message # 12
Lead Moderator
Group: Moderator
Sounds good. Are you going to tell where the Colosseum is going to be at on the map?
Quote (darkchaos)
To go to the colosseum, you must go to the colosseum director which is located in town(to the right of the merchant who sells the abandoned peasants).

Because this just says how to get to it..
Also, are others going to be able to blink/teleport into the colosseum, if some1 is already there? surprised

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

WhimsicalyukiDate: Saturday, 2010-02-06, 10:18:41 PM | Message # 13
Stage 5
i'm guessing no because that might mess up the arena a bit >_<

HellishProphetDate: Saturday, 2010-02-20, 12:00:44 PM | Message # 14
Stage 2
all im gunna say is all these up dates r gunna be worth the wait :). gj dark, keep on going!

On US East: Fatmandown

lvl 999 RG: +5 Wings, 2 Astral Armors, 1 Legion Armor, 1 Leggy R.o.E., Sphere of Az

lvl 998 Priest: +4 Wings, 1 Astral Armors, 1 Legion Armor, 1 Rare R.o.E., 1 DS +2

lvl 970 Shadown Ele: +5 wings, leggy ace

bud-bus-Date: Saturday, 2010-02-20, 1:43:30 PM | Message # 15
Lead Moderator
Group: Moderator
Quote (HellishProphet)
all im gunna say is all these up dates r gunna be worth the wait :)

I can say, it definitely is cool

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Colosseum Update + Question
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024