Saturday, 2024-05-18, 7:26:38 AM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » lightning mage (:D)
lightning mage
ace_of_spadezDate: Saturday, 2009-12-05, 11:15:53 AM | Message # 1
Stage 4
Group: Users
i would love to see a light mage!
in the buffs and debuffs towards hero (take extra dmg do extra dmg ect) add blink
1st spell lighting and single bolt of lightning thats straight X5 int little cool down
2nd Lightning storm! click to cast and it essentialy strikes all nearby enemys for 1 minute (you cast it and can still move it follows you) doing 1x your int every 5 seconds
3rd spell Lightning birage sends out lighting bolts in your entire 360 direction!( mass of lightning bolts that goes in every direction essentially)

Ultimate Summon lightning GOD summons a god that does X amount of chaotic damage is invunerable and lasts for 30 seconds cd 200 + seconds (debatable ran out of cool lightning ideas!)
Could also be Eye of the storm Takes 5 seconds to cast then sends a HUGE storm were you want i mean get the hole lightning graphics like a hurricane in their ect

Added (12.05.2009, 8:15 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
Frost mage!

receives a 10% bonus on all spells instead of blink

spell 1 Frozen shards Hurls a shard of ice ad a enemy oppenent dealing 4 X int
spell 2 frozen tundra Ices a aoe area dealing 6x int and freezing the targets for 10 seconds( a 10 second stun but covered in ice)
spell 3 frozen explosion creats a mass of ice on the ground that swells for 2 seconds then explodes dealing an inital 5x int explotion damage and releasing ice shards in all directions.

Ultimate DEEP FREEZE creats a blizzard in a 900 aoe around the mage freezing all enemy targets in spot dealing 3xint per second for 6 seconds then afterwords stuning all enemy units in place for 10 seconds

ALL CAN BE WORKED OUT JUST GIVING BASE IDEAS I THINK WOULD BE NEAT TY FOR READING

bud-bus-Date: Saturday, 2009-12-05, 1:47:38 PM | Message # 2
Lead Moderator
Group: Moderator
Quote (ace_of_spadez)
2nd Lightning storm! click to cast and it essentialy strikes all nearby enemys for 1 minute (you cast it and can still move it follows you) doing 1x your int every 5 seconds
3rd spell Lightning birage sends out lighting bolts in your entire 360 direction!( mass of lightning bolts that goes in every direction essentially)
Could also be Eye of the storm Takes 5 seconds to cast then sends a HUGE storm were you want i mean get the hole lightning graphics like a hurricane in their ect

Sounds alot like Razor from Dota..but that's not a bad idea, just put a little more detail into it, and it'll be a pretty cool hero..for example: instead of only doing dmg, it also purges the unit for 5 secs, or pushes it back (xxx range), something like that. cool

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

JennekeDate: Saturday, 2009-12-05, 1:51:01 PM | Message # 3
Stage 1
I like the frost mage idea but for an ultimate how about a "Deep Freeze" spell? Freezes an enemy for x seconds and each melee hit against that enemy has a chance (like .1% or whatever) of insta-kill?

bud-bus-Date: Saturday, 2009-12-05, 1:54:09 PM | Message # 4
Lead Moderator
Group: Moderator
Quote (Jenneke)
each melee hit against that enemy has a chance (like .1% or whatever) of insta-kill?

No offense, but no. This would allow you to kill monsters in chaos that you shouldn't be able to kill. Especially bosses.. wink

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

JennekeDate: Saturday, 2009-12-05, 1:56:26 PM | Message # 5
Stage 1
Quote (Jenneke)
and each melee hit

Mage wouldn't use melee, it would force them to team up with others. And you could always tweak the percentage up or down as needed.

valkierDate: Saturday, 2009-12-05, 4:26:20 PM | Message # 6
Webmaster
Group: Administrator
Also, I would have to say no to any hero's doing chaos dmg like that. Too powerful in chaos mode.

ace_of_spadezDate: Sunday, 2009-12-06, 2:44:31 AM | Message # 7
Stage 4
1: I NEVER PLAYED dOTA! :P
2: these are general ideas to be put up and i just woke up when i said them (do my best thinking then)

going to post a fire mage soon because 3 mages never hurts possibly more i like spellcasters

and as for the spells they are just ideas so the basic idea isnt made fun of they are their to be improved and possibly changed smile

and mages NEVER use melee smile

Added (12.06.2009, 9:06 Am)
Fire mage (i had an inspiration !)

since other mages i added a natural ability fire mage should have a X Amount of fire dmg / s that affects when hit with a spell. It should be a X int that goes up with level such as (start .1X int) to (.75Xint) with a 5 second lasting effect (effects do not stack with different spellS)

spell 1: fire bolt (the natural except a twist wink make it a bigger size and cause it to stun for 5 seconds and do 4xint
spell 2: Flame stomp (make it a erruption of fire originationg from the caster causing 5.5Xint in a 600 AOE AREA
spell 3: Flaming spirals Sends 3 beams of fire intertwining like a chain causing 6X int and knocking it continues on thro the effected unit (goes 800 range)

ultimate: Gods fury (i may not be religious) but htis spell is self explanitory its just a mosh pit of evil. To give you a thought it does 12 X int in a 800 area casted for over 2 seconds and graphic = flaming balls faling fromt he sky meteors and just a bunch of nasty!

Added to light all lightning spells (360 spell and bolt) go thro enemys and coninute on for a certain range. another idea Arc creats an arc of lightning shocking a enemy

Added (12.06.2009, 11:44 Am)
off topic but no reason to start a new thread!! iid like a dmg meter added + a heal meter added ( so priests dont feel left out :P) make the dmg meter to the using scientific notation so the #'s presented dont seem to rediculous smile ex 1.2231 X 10^9 smile tysame with heals (auto converts number given to it into scientific notation so lower numbers dont seem left out.

valkierDate: Sunday, 2009-12-06, 8:03:34 PM | Message # 8
Webmaster
Group: Administrator
ace, you have been here long enough to know the darn rules. Your getting a temp ban. It's clearly states in the rules that new idea's are to be brought up in new topics.

9. Do not start new topics within posts.

riotdDate: Monday, 2009-12-07, 1:08:49 PM | Message # 9
Stage 2
I like the lightning mage's idea especially since it could have an instant hit attack, yet I'm not sure this will be a viable char since it might not be able to do a lot of DMG in boss killing unless you give it strong spells, 5*int isn't very good when you only got 1million int or so with high end items and that the best dps-er already hits for around 10millions each time it attacks.

Maybe you could think about a lightning proc dealing damage based on his int or mana left that way you can add in the addition a mana shield or if that's too much of a power sinking skill, just remove it. I wouldn't add a stun to the proc since I'd expect the lightning mage for instant hit attacks on range.

ace_of_spadezDate: Saturday, 2009-12-19, 11:24:18 AM | Message # 10
Stage 4
riotd reember this is magic damage which is much different then physical damage.

SplendorDate: Sunday, 2010-01-03, 3:41:52 AM | Message # 11
Stage 1
An interesting ability could be something like Pudge's old grave-pact ability. Basically, everything you kill a creep (saves only what you killed in current game to prevent absurd bonuses) givs a certain amount of stats. The skill would have to scale with level and have 15-25 ranks probably, much like the PR's phenoix fire thing. It would be an incentive for this type of hero to stay in games longer (for the junkies like me XD).

At 999 for instance a Boss could give 250 stats and a normal mob could give like 25. That would require 1000 kills for equivilant to a Leg DS, so balanced I think (unless the person is killing tens of thousands in which case the ability bonus is justified for that one game). The amount killed would also reset after every game. This skill could be useful for Int, Str, or Agility. Although should not be used on heroes in conjuncture with Stat-based spell damage.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » lightning mage (:D)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024