Saturday, 2024-05-18, 11:43:05 AM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Wide range of suggestions
Wide range of suggestions
DutchkillerDate: Friday, 2009-11-20, 7:42:53 AM | Message # 1
Stage 1
Group: Users
I got several suggestions for the map that i will name here

Monsters

starters monsters

At level 1 there isn't much that you can kill as a newby. the monsters to the south east of town a slightly too hard to kill for a level 1. maybe make these slightly weaker and make the tuskarrs slightly harder to they are in between the forgotten ones and the nerubian spiders&ice trolls(the weak ones, not da's Dingo)? it should enable the low levels to like the map a little bit more.

New low chaos monsters

The sep from normal world to chaos world is very very large now. where you could easily kill the medean's at around level 150, there is no way you can kill demons until you either have aura of the gods or blade of blood and some demon/horror items. since higher levels have nothing of use in normal world, they are forced to go to chaos for them not to waste time. but when they do, some newbies could be unpleasantly surprised by the how strong chaos world is. that why i propose to have a new type of chaos monster:the genies. these should be beatable at around level 200 with items from the normal world (except for iron golem fist and aura of the gods since those are quite hard to get without help.) that way newbs don't have to be powerleveled all the the to roundabout level 400 to be able to kill things on their own, if a high level join. normally i don't mind doing this, but makes them miss quite a big part of this rpg. where they should be placed on the map i will name a bit later. the name is up for discussion of course(i personally don't really like the name genie but i couldn't think of something else)

Splitting up ogre/tauren/void area

The ogre/tauren in normal world are is quite large. i think it should be split in half to create more room for other creatures as well (like the genies in the previous part, but i will explain in the next part where they could be placed). i propose to split it straight down from the vengeful paladin stand cutting off about 1/3 of the area. the only real problem that would give is the fact that the ogre overlord is in that area, but if he is switched with the minotaur it would be fixed.

Moving demons

If the genie monsters are going to be implemented i would suggest putting them where the demons are now. The demons could move to the part cut off the void area and also take the tuskarr area. that way the void area on the chaos world is filled as well.

Assassins

Many has been said about them and a lot of people dislike them being in the map. thats why i shall keep it short about them, just a few short suggestions:
Decrease the number of them by half, then they can still kill afking people but bother the active people a little bit less.
Make them invulnerable, that way they can still attack you, but you don't misclick on them making your hero follow them instead of the monster you want to kill.
make their damage dependant of the area they spawn in. that would make them less irritating for the lower people while not changing a lot for the higher people.
Make the day last even longer. i think a 4:1 night/day ratio would be preferable over a 2:1 n/d. but don't make the day longer but make the nights shorter instead to reach this ratio.

Added (11.20.2009, 4:42 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
[message was too long so i am forced to split up my message]

Heroes

A lot of the older heroes are going to be revised so here are suggestions to boost a few heroes (i only have suggestions for heroes i personally played up to a relative high level):

Hellspawn

He currently has 4 skills that all suit him quite well in the normal world. i would suggest only 2 things:

His roar should be dependant of his strength in order to be useful in the chaos world. for the damage added like 0.5x strength in the lower levels of the skill up to 2.5x str max. the armor should be something like 0.1x agi at the max level.

There is room for a 5th skill for this hero and i would suggest something like a 20% block/evasion to make him into a true tank.

Worm hunter

He currently has 4 skills, some suit him, some absolutely need revision.

His beam is rubbish even in normal world so i would suggest adding +1x strength to this. i like the skill for him, but with it doing like 2k dmg at top level, it's no use.

His illusions suit him very very well, except for the part that the illusions could use a little buff. they currently take about 10000% damage and deal about 10% damage. i would suggest making the damage taken to 9000% and damage dealt to 25%. also upping the cooldown on this skill would be be nice( currently has a aprox 0.5 sec cd, 5-10 seconds would be reasonable) this skill also creates a large lag when casted, but this isn't the thread for that although i still wanted to name it biggrin

elementalist

This is a great hero that only needs one thing changed. it has been suggestion many times but his armor of the elements should be replaced to a somewhat weak damage spell with short cd. something like 2-3 x int and half the cd as lightning ball seems fine. lowering the overal cd on all the skills by 10x would be nice as well since with this hero there is a lot of waiting right now, making it a somewhat boring hero to play.

Added (11.20.2009, 4:42 Pm)
---------------------------------------------
[message was too long so i am forced to split up my message]

Other things

Quests

more quests
a few more chaos quests would be nice since there are only 2 right now. I think dark already knows this, but i still wanted to state the obvious

iron golem fist/chaotic necklace

This quest simply takes a lot of time and is not necessarily hard. by reducing the amount needed to maybe 4-5 or else making the drop rate slightly higher you could reduce the amount of irritation this quest sometimes gives. specially the iron golem fist quest where the iron golem ores don't save and only drop from first kills on monsters...

A way to retrieve souls

This suggestion will be rather vague since i haven't really made up my mind about it yet but here it goes anyway. Sometimes a chaotic soul boss accidentally get killed but immolation or something like that. maybe there should be a way to retrieve it from somewhere and make the boss respawn again. of course this should be very hard to do but sometimes you wish you could do this. you could make something like a third world, a sort of Tartarus world. units like astrals maybe even a step above that would be here and you would have to do a quest to get back a soul. this world would only be temporarily as no mortal can survive in such a world of course. the world should cause massive life degeneration. once all heroes have died, or a soul has been retrieved the world reverts to the chaos world.

This would be about it for now, i had some more things but i forgot about them wacko ill post them later when i can think of them. Also, english is not my first language and i'm currently ill so don't blame me for spelling and specially the grammar, i know they will be very very bad right now

dothackkingDate: Friday, 2009-11-20, 11:19:06 AM | Message # 2
Stage 4
I like many of your suggestions, but I don't think they're anything that need be done immediately.

bud-bus-Date: Friday, 2009-11-20, 12:43:30 PM | Message # 3
Lead Moderator
Group: Moderator
Quote (dothackking)
I like many of your suggestions, but I don't think they're anything that need be done immediately.

Actually, the only thing that would be nice to see (right away) is the 2nd suggestion with there being a lower level chaos monster. cool
Quote (Dutchkiller)
Make the day last even longer. i think a 4:1 night/day ratio would be preferable over a 2:1 n/d. but don't make the day longer but make the nights shorter instead to reach this ratio.

It already is 4:1 --- Daytime: every min = 2 secs. Nightime: every min = 1/2 a sec. cool

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

DutchkillerDate: Friday, 2009-11-20, 2:23:27 PM | Message # 4
Stage 1
i can't edit my message wacko is there a way to write longer messages? since i just wasted 15 min of typing for getting acces denied and having lost all the text ...

Message edited by Dutchkiller - Friday, 2009-11-20, 2:24:17 PM

PrincessParanoiaDate: Saturday, 2009-11-21, 1:20:36 AM | Message # 5
Stage 4
Whoa!
Really long suggestion!

I like this in particular:

Quote (Dutchkiller)
Quests

more quests
a few more chaos quests would be nice since there are only 2 right now. I think dark already knows this, but i still wanted to state the obvious

[Princess Paranoia] .......<3....... Sumtyms n lyf,
if u wana do sumthin' good, u gota do sumthin' bad.

DutchkillerDate: Saturday, 2009-11-21, 2:58:32 AM | Message # 6
Stage 1
ill just post here what i would have liked to add to my first post, maybe a forum mod can add it to that post. what i added was far longer but i can't be bothered to try and retype that all, ill just give a brief version here.

Worm hunter

The flying sheep locust swarm looks great but is sort of useless even in normal world. i would suggest that each sheep drains about 0.05x str from his enemies.

savior

His skill set makes him very favourable all round (blink is lovely wink ) he doesn't need a lot of buffing but since he has to be made based on stats, this could be it:(this is based on the fact that the bug with critical hit not stacking with stun is fixed)

avatar. 20x str health added, 0.5x str bonus damage, 0.1x agi armour added and keep his magic immunity.

thunderclap. 0.5x str in damage, no changes otherwise

Bash. 0.25x str in damage

assassins

since bud-bus notified me at the fact the ratio is already 4:1, i propose to make it like 6:1, but still make the night shorter instead of the day longer if you understand what i mean wink

myrealDate: Saturday, 2009-11-21, 11:34:52 AM | Message # 7
Stage 3
Your Ideas are good except for making SINS invulnerable.
If you make the nights shorter then its easier for people to play afk since they may survive sin attacks given the shorter duration.

Remember that the map is still in its beta stages and DC will give all heroes stat spells soon. This is most likeley to be added periodically though.
I know how you feel though there are some great older heroes that if they have stat spells they would be quite fun to use. The tri fire mage would be a true caster.

KurushitsujiDate: Sunday, 2009-11-22, 6:25:08 AM | Message # 8
Stage 2
It would hurt a lot of gamers actually if the SINS become invulnerable.
What more could they be doing when they're already destroying everyone's bases while being vulnerable!

DutchkillerDate: Sunday, 2009-11-22, 7:15:28 AM | Message # 9
Stage 1
sins are currently programmed not to destroy bases. making them invulnerable makes it so you can use attack move and stop you from misclicking on them. it won't make them stronger since they already cannot be killed now...

KrazyFruitDate: Sunday, 2009-11-22, 8:33:12 AM | Message # 10
Stage 4
Maybe making sin hostile with you but yourself neutral with sin, that way you must attack it by command instead of a simple click ^^.

DutchkillerDate: Monday, 2009-11-23, 9:20:32 AM | Message # 11
Stage 1
that would work as well, but harder to do

Also might want to shorter the opening cinematic, or else add a quick explanation for the newbs. now it is just taking time dry

myrealDate: Monday, 2009-11-23, 10:23:30 AM | Message # 12
Stage 3
sins are currently programmed not to destroy bases
Careful what you say dutch. I remember afk killing bosses, as soon as i came back i saw a sin attack my base. It was the mysterious home which attacks nearby enemy units so that could be why. I had to quickly buy another base so as not be destroyed. This was about

valkierDate: Monday, 2009-11-23, 11:38:33 PM | Message # 13
Webmaster
Group: Administrator
Quote (myreal)
Careful what you say dutch. I remember afk killing bosses, as soon as i came back i saw a sin attack my base. It was the mysterious home which attacks nearby enemy units so that could be why. I had to quickly buy another base so as not be destroyed. This was about

Well, you also have to make sure every single entrance is closed or blocked off to your base.

IHateWCDate: Tuesday, 2009-11-24, 5:49:38 PM | Message # 14
Stage 1
Quote (KrazyFruit)
Maybe making sin hostile with you but yourself neutral with sin, that way you must attack it by command instead of a simple click ^^.

if you right click on it you'd still follow it...

ace_of_spadezDate: Tuesday, 2009-11-24, 7:47:29 PM | Message # 15
Stage 4
i think legion + sins should not attack bases..

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Wide range of suggestions
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024