Sunday, 2024-05-05, 7:04:03 AM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Mobs respawn/spawn points
Mobs respawn/spawn points
riotdDate: Thursday, 2011-12-08, 4:25:15 AM | Message # 1
Stage 2
Group: Users
I know that in this map, the mobs spawn points are fixed in a way that:
- mobs spawns once
- if killed mobs re-spawns where it was killed
- if a player's hero is too close to the mob's spawn point for too long then the mob will never come back

I do not know if there's a way to fix this "spawn killing" effect
and I understand that it would be probably a lot of re-work (huge) to implement another style of spawning and such
but in my opinion it would help this game to try and improve the spawn system so that people that are not aware of such mechanism in this map
are not affected by it :(.

I think not only mobs are affected by this but I believe bosses are too (chaos ones) as I never saw the existence boss re-appear after we killed it, let his soul disappear but stayed probably too close to its spawn point for it to come back...

What do you think?

GhostWolf223Date: Thursday, 2011-12-08, 6:30:04 AM | Message # 2
Stage 9
it dont effect bosses lol
but theve been trying to get the spawn system to work for monthes now =/

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

Mystic_ProphetDate: Thursday, 2011-12-08, 9:27:33 AM | Message # 3
Stage 4
Really? A simple, yet somewhat tedious way to do the spawn system is to simply use unit groups. I have a great one on my test map.

riotdDate: Thursday, 2011-12-08, 12:23:11 PM | Message # 4
Stage 2
Well then I guess you could probably see if you can help them on that one Mystic.
Although the map being pretty complete to me it seems like it would be a huge re-work in the background but what do I know I never coded for wc3 smile

AlexengDate: Thursday, 2011-12-08, 12:32:44 PM | Message # 5
Stage 4
I havn't touched the spawn system yet. Got other stuff that's more important when I do work on the map.

Brony Forever.
Favorite characters: Chrysalis, Twilight, Luna, Discord, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Trixie.
Favorite pairings: TwiLuna, CelestiCord, Twixie, AppleDash, TwiDash, Flutterdash.

GhostWolf223Date: Thursday, 2011-12-08, 5:19:22 PM | Message # 6
Stage 9
lol, theve known how to fix it for monthes its just no one wants to do it lmfao

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

Mystic_ProphetDate: Friday, 2011-12-09, 0:04:46 AM | Message # 7
Stage 4
Yeah. Like I said, the process is tedious if you do it as a unit group respawn instead of a corpse based respawn. Also would probably want to trigger patrols if you used unit groups.

Sandman366Date: Saturday, 2011-12-10, 10:49:28 PM | Message # 8
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
I THINK the current spawn system is basically "neutral hostile has a dead unit, no enemy units in this range, replace with itself". Spawnkilling is when it decays, which I think could be fixed with a "Doesn't Decay"...right?
Besides, when a unit dies you should just remove the dead unit and have a new one placed in a random part of the region it's from. Wow, it works SO MUCH BETTER! (yeah you might occasionally find stuff up on a ledge somewhere, BUT, there would be no removal of enemies, and you couldn't have 200 kills all lined up in a row. Though it would ruin grouping units for big group kills...)

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

darkchaosDate: Sunday, 2011-12-11, 0:53:16 AM | Message # 9
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
auctually the respawn is the exact same as waugriffs, it never changed lol

Mystic_ProphetDate: Sunday, 2011-12-11, 1:03:20 PM | Message # 10
Stage 4
Yeah I know. waugriffs trigger won't respawn the creeps if the hero is in the vicinity. The problem is that it doesn't save the units to variables at all, so there is no way for the trigger to retrieve them after they fail to respawn. Sandman's idea is a good one if you simply ensure that the spawning regions don't contain pathable cliffs or unreachable gaps in trees. The one i used had the mobs respawn after every one in that unit group was dead (which was why i made sure they patrolled the area).

Sandman366Date: Sunday, 2011-12-11, 8:36:12 PM | Message # 11
Stage 9
I know that's how the trigger goes because I've been messing with another map that Waugriff did work on :P (But that map is mostly for testing and learning....for ANOTHER map I'll be co-creator of...which I'll stop talking about now..)

Anyway, yeah, the trigger is junk because all it does is wait for someone to leave then respawn. If the unit decays away before they leave you're screwed.

Another thought would be to instead replace the dead unit with a dummy unit, and when players leave the area the dummy units are then replaced. It'd be a while to get dummy units for each unit and to get the respawn system to use them...

Is there a way to do "Spawn unit at random point in this region at height X"? Or anything similar? Then the cliff problem would be solved, and the system would work well for the most part. People would need to patrol bigger areas, but they can get over that.

Malevolent criminal I,

Mystic_ProphetDate: Monday, 2011-12-12, 11:25:18 AM | Message # 12
Stage 4
The best thing to do is to make multiple spawning regions and simply randomize which rich they spawn in. I don't think the height thing would work, and trees would still be a problem if it did.

Sandman366Date: Thursday, 2011-12-15, 8:06:01 PM | Message # 13
Stage 9
How could something spawn in a tree? It wouldn't count as a viable spot I would think. Between the trees though? Maybe....just keep the region from going behind them.

Malevolent criminal I,

SergenteloozerDate: Saturday, 2012-03-24, 10:14:34 AM | Message # 14
Stage 1
Quote (darkchaos)
auctually the respawn is the exact same as waugriffs, it never changed lol

change. rebuild.

Sandman366Date: Saturday, 2012-03-24, 11:07:37 AM | Message # 15
Stage 9
He tried once, loozer. Things didn't respawn at all. Perhaps you should search the forums a little better before you necro threads.

Malevolent criminal I,

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Mobs respawn/spawn points
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024