Sunday, 2024-04-28, 8:35:08 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Sets & their stats (For you guys' post)
Sets & their stats
Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2011-07-13, 10:48:58 AM | Message # 31
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
Aww, ONE at a time? That sucks sad
I can understand to some degree.....might be OP....but still.....
After 999 it's not like any set but astral is useful anyway hahaha

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

darkchaosDate: Wednesday, 2011-07-13, 11:00:43 AM | Message # 32
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
wait, i never said that you can only use one set o_O

U can use only one set from each creep type

eg, only 1 demon set

i appreciate the work though :3

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2011-07-13, 6:17:39 PM | Message # 33
Stage 9
Wait-we can have multiple of a particular set now?? I thought we could only have 1 of each set anyway....lol....

Malevolent criminal I,

darkchaosDate: Wednesday, 2011-07-13, 9:14:28 PM | Message # 34
Mapmaker
You can only have 1 demons set, despair set, horror set, void set, hell set, existence set, astral set.

bud-bus-Date: Thursday, 2011-07-14, 0:22:50 AM | Message # 35
Lead Moderator
Quote (darkchaos)
You can only have 1 demons set, despair set, horror set, void set, hell set, existence set, astral set.

Then you need to make the CD go off for both sets... (talking about warstomp/boulder/ww)...not to mention I see problems (fatal errors) when a mage tries using mana shield from one set while another is on...

Unless you think that the code won't go OMFGOEIFJA;LVEOF;A'IEFJWOOah ? ...lol

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

Sandman366Date: Thursday, 2011-07-14, 7:57:03 AM | Message # 36
Stage 9
Quote (bud-bus-)
not to mention I see problems (fatal errors) when a mage tries using mana shield from one set while another is on...

I've seen where turning on one mana shield while another is active works. Both are "On", yet only one buff is applied. I don't know which is actually "On", or if it's "Both", but I'm guessing people only want the strongest one on anyway.
Quote (bud-bus-)
Then you need to make the CD go off for both sets... (talking about warstomp/boulder/ww)

Share CD or something by having them all have the same base spell, just different levels of it. Or something.

Malevolent criminal I,

darkchaosDate: Thursday, 2011-07-14, 3:56:15 PM | Message # 37
Mapmaker
You can jsut drop lower set, uise mana shioeld from higher se4t, pick up lower.

but im pretty sure it would work if you didnt drop it either.

bud-bus-Date: Thursday, 2011-07-14, 7:50:04 PM | Message # 38
Lead Moderator
I just foresee problems......but w/e....

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

Sandman366Date: Thursday, 2011-07-14, 8:47:55 PM | Message # 39
Stage 9
Drop an item giving you manashield and manashield is cancelled. I can prove (but it's another map...)

Malevolent criminal I,

bud-bus-Date: Sunday, 2011-07-24, 1:47:09 PM | Message # 40
Lead Moderator
Gunna make the chainmail sets this week. Any ideas for the clickable? (I was thinking of a blink - like savior's?)

GhostWolf223Date: Sunday, 2011-07-24, 2:11:44 PM | Message # 41
Stage 9
Group: Users
ooooo
i know this!

an immolation kinda ability

O.o

or like +20% evasion for 2 seconds

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

Sandman366Date: Sunday, 2011-07-24, 2:49:06 PM | Message # 42
Stage 9
Quote (GhostWolf223)
or like +20% evasion for 2 seconds

How about 100% evade and spell immune. Each set up gets a longer time, and they all have a 2 minute CD.

Demon: 2s
Horror: 5s
Despair: 10s
Void: 15s
Hell: 20s
Exist: 30s
Astral: 30s (with 1m CD)

Well, I thought it was good...

Malevolent criminal I,

AlexengDate: Sunday, 2011-07-24, 3:07:05 PM | Message # 43
Stage 4
Group: Users
My job to play the voice of reason then. Sand, if you think about the effective duration (in this case: duration / cd * 100) it would look like this:
Demon: ~1.6%
Horror: ~4.1%
Despair: ~8.3%
Void: 12.5%
Hell: ~16.6%
Exist: 25%
Astral: 50%
???: 65%
???: 80%
???: 99%
???: 115%
Chaos: 999%
You get my point. It wouldn't take long before you would become completly invincible. The effective duration could increase in small steps, and every few sets both the cd and duration would decrease instead of the duration only increasing, so that the player could reap the benefit more often for a shorter period of time.
New effective durations:
Demon: 2%
Horror: 3%
Despair: 5%
Void: 7%
Hell: 10%
Exist: 12%
Astral: 15%
???: 18%
???: 22%
???: 26%
???: 30%
Chaos: 50%

Brony Forever.
Favorite characters: Chrysalis, Twilight, Luna, Discord, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Trixie.
Favorite pairings: TwiLuna, CelestiCord, Twixie, AppleDash, TwiDash, Flutterdash.

Message edited by Alexeng - Sunday, 2011-07-24, 3:07:28 PM

Sandman366Date: Sunday, 2011-07-24, 8:46:22 PM | Message # 44
Stage 9
Quote (Alexeng)
???: 80%
???: 99%
???: 115%
Chaos: 999%

I just had to lol at Chaos's "effective %".....actually all of these are kinda jokey....

Besides, 2m CD was just a suggestion so it wasn't uselessly long for a couple of seconds. And dude, reducing cd AND duration? Hell, just make it a channeling when you have a half second duration and 3s CD, because that's what it'll end up being. People will be eventually using it more often than the move command.

How about something else? Wolf suggested crazy evade, how about spell resist instead? Chain already can give lots of evade when you have several (3 chains of 10% evade is like a 27% evasion, and probably will be more like 25-26% in action-3 items of 20% evade is basically getting hit around half the time). If item spell resistances stack, then we'll have them be somewhat weak, and if they don't, it'll be a bit buffed. Perhaps even a spell blocker? (Based on what I've seen, it mostly blocks spells that are single target-chain lightning [even on a bounce], storm hammer, etc) Higher versions have shorter timers on spellblock (probably finishing at 2-3s) and give some nice spellresist.
And nobody had better whine that it'll be rigged against bosses. AoE spells that don't target anyone in particular I'm fairly sure ignore spellblockers, and unless it's specified to ignore spell resist (there's a way to make a spell that deals 100% of damage unless spell immune or invul I think) THEN someone could complain that it's OP.

Anyway, how about another way of thinking about this? Perhaps each item gives a certain stat to a set (say, if a set has Chain then it has some evade, if it has Staff it has a weak manashield, if it has Robe it has a minuscule-y stronger manashield) and certain combinations boost this (like staff&robe have a stronger manashield-if we're even keeping manashields that is)
(Or maybe staff has mana regen and robe has manashield, idk, just makin stuff up as I type it :P)

Malevolent criminal I,

darkchaosDate: Monday, 2011-07-25, 1:10:27 AM | Message # 45
Mapmaker
evade doesnt stack.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Sets & their stats (For you guys' post)
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024