Saturday, 2024-05-18, 2:04:25 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Chaotic Ore - More Rare than Forgotten (There isn't any!)
Chaotic Ore - More Rare than Forgotten
Sandman366Date: Monday, 2010-11-08, 7:10:11 PM | Message # 1
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
The Chaotic Necklace quest in my opinion, is almost impossible. I've seen very (VERY) few Chaotic Necklaces, and only vaguely remember it's stats. I've been in a game 20 hours long, and only found 2. Multiple factors increase the rarity of the Ore, but I think the worst part is just how flat out rare it is. Seriously, I think my Exploding Arrows go off exponentially more often than I find a Chaotic Ore. The Iron Golem Ore isn't nearly as hard to find, and it also has a little better drop chance I believe. Let me explain how rare CO is, especially in comparison to IGO.

I think the main problem is that only Voids drop it. Iron Golem Ore was dropped by almost anything, I've seen it dropped by Hydras to the Faceless things. It's fairly common considering how many things drop it, so the fist isn't that hard to get in comparison. I get the IGF if I can, especially for other people, but I think I've seen like, five Chaotic Necklaces ever while I've played CoT, and I think like half were back in .66b! So where are they? They're practically impossible to get, that's what. Since I doubt the CO saves (IGO doesn't either), this makes it even harder to get the necklace. But by the time you can farm Voids easily enough to find the Necklace, you probably don't need it, and wonder why you wasted so much time getting something so weak. It's only really good before most Chaotic Boss items, but by the time you can use the Necklace, you MIGHT have one (possibly two) ores for it - but it requires six.

Therefore, the Chaotic Ore needs to be dropped by more things (not above Hell for sure, but possibly dropped by Demons, and definitely by Horrors) and/or needs to be a savable item. It's just so rare, you probably see character with over 20k stats with only normal world items more often.

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

Message edited by Sandman366 - Monday, 2010-11-08, 7:12:06 PM

God_Of_DeathDate: Monday, 2010-11-08, 7:20:02 PM | Message # 2
Stage 7
This can easily be solved by farming voids from 500-675 in one game which will usually result in getting the ores that you would require. This at least has worked for me in the past. Although I agree that maybe a lower rate dropping but still dropping on despairs would be nice.

Sandman366Date: Tuesday, 2010-11-09, 2:26:31 PM | Message # 3
Stage 9
I've killed well over 100 voids (hard to farm them if you can't tank them, like on a PR) and still only gotten 2 ores. And I started (I think) before level 500, not sure though.

Getting no item is far more common than getting an ore, it's like a legendary item or something. Rounds to 0% chance to get.

Malevolent criminal I,

ChalupaDate: Wednesday, 2010-11-10, 12:55:03 PM | Message # 4
Stage 3
Group: Users
I am pretty sure you can't farm the exact same area. I think you can only farm each area like twice, maybe that is why you don't get it. You have to move around to every void area.

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2010-11-10, 1:33:10 PM | Message # 5
Stage 9
Well I was safing from my base, because you know, I can't tank them, but I got them both either on different sides of the base or same area, either way they were still near each other.

Anyway, it's not fair to those who can't kill voids alone, because if one person gets the reward everyone else will complain that they got nothing out of farming for an hour. (Sure some exp/cash, but still. Definitely not fair for the tank.)

Malevolent criminal I,

DraculaDate: Sunday, 2010-11-14, 10:34:10 AM | Message # 6
Stage 2
Group: Users
While this may be a leap (and probably more of a general thing than just for Chaotic Ores), it'd seem more intuitive to just replace the luck-based drops altogether with a more skill/power-based system (i.e. quests and etc.). Basically, just place 6 minibosses of varying strength around the Chaotic World, with a 10-15 minute respawn time. Give them different strengths/weaknesses though - one might be uber-resistant to physical damage but weak to magical damage with another being the opposite and etc. This way you can gather Ores reliably, but you need a team (or a very, very versatile/overleveled hero) to be able to overcome all of the bosses' different strengths and exploit their weaknesses. This doesn't seem like it'd be particularly hard to set up or unfair to any one class.

Yours truly,
Count Vlad Tepes Dracula III
(But you can just call me Drac.)

Sandman366Date: Sunday, 2010-11-14, 6:41:04 PM | Message # 7
Stage 9
If you do this then it could take longer (theoretically), because if you've got one person leveling the rest or you don't have a good tank, your miniboss that uses mostly spells for attacks would end up slaughtering players because they didn't have good strength boosting items.

No, we need to just make a balanced (like everything else should be) drop system...current one isn't kind. (Ever notice when you're farming something for items you either get a bunch of what you want [which isn't as common as...] or get everything BUT what you want?

Malevolent criminal I,

God_Of_DeathDate: Sunday, 2010-11-14, 7:09:44 PM | Message # 8
Stage 7
The reason the drop system is unkind is because this item is SUPPOSED to be very hard to get. It might be a little too hard at this point but I think its alright. The other way you mentioned the drop system is what should be expected. If you want cloth and staff you also get drops for dagger, leather, plate, full plate, chain, short sword, heavy, bow, all char items. These are the reasons the drop system is "unbalanced" as you say. It is actually quite balanced at this point.

Sandman366Date: Monday, 2010-11-15, 1:39:36 PM | Message # 9
Stage 9
I'm talking where you want staff/cloth, and you get everything BUT staff/cloth, for like, several minutes (even at fast kills).

Why not have the option to lock out drops that you don't have the pf for? Like, nobody has heavy/plate/full plate PFs, there could be an option to make it so those never drop. It'd be nicer for when you're looking for newer items (moving up from say, demon to horror, can be long to get horror items) so useless items aren't dropped so often.

Like, one time I've been looking for Abyssal Bow for my PR. Out of like 10 kills or so, I got 3 rods, a sword, and 3 hammers. I was about to break something because of all of the BS drops that I'd never want! (Sure I used the sword I while, but I needed a bow, but it never dropped. Which was BS.)

Malevolent criminal I,

CeshunDate: Monday, 2010-11-15, 11:48:01 PM | Message # 10
Stage 4
Group: File Master
I think ore drop is ok, for me its just matter of luck :P

About pf drop.... i'm using cloth but mybe i want full plate armor it could make me survive longer for few int loss...
Item drop's are ok dont be lazy...

Message edited by Ceshun - Monday, 2010-11-15, 11:49:11 PM

Sandman366Date: Tuesday, 2010-11-16, 1:33:13 PM | Message # 11
Stage 9
Yes, sometimes we want other PF items for more armor, but I'm saying it could be an option.

I think CO drop is far too low...PR exploding arrow and MR 50x crit have better chances in my opinion, and by the time you can farm voids without trying, you don't need the necklace, because better items are available.

Don't be lazy? Sorry I just spent over 10 hours farming voids (and being lazy about it) for a grand total of 2 ores. (Yeah I'm being a bit rude, I'm frustrated that I had killed a good 200+ voids with a grand total of 2 ores. That means less than 1% drop rate. You can't tell me IGO is a similar rate or has similar conditions, one game I got 5 of them in the first 10 minutes of the game. Granted it was a good hour or so before the 6th ore, but I still got 4 of them in one group of medean devourers. I realize kills are easier in normal world, which makes the fist more common, but you can kill fairly weak things for it, and considering you can IGO with like 2 waugriff rings on most classes and that you basically need boss items to farm for CO at any decent rate, you must understand why I'm so frustrated.)

If you read that, then hopefully you agree why we need to change this. How many Chaotic Necklaces have you seen since V1.15? Hmm? I think we could count a dozen non-repeat sightings from the whole site combined, the rarity of such an item is absurd. (Please don't say go find people to team up with, I'd rather not rely on complete strangers who will probably end up leaving while we had 3 ores between us-having to rehost the game [AGAIN] to restart my count of ores [AGAIN] and wait for the map to load [*sigh*, AGAIN].

Malevolent criminal I,

CeshunDate: Tuesday, 2010-11-16, 10:48:04 PM | Message # 12
Stage 4
Group: File Master
From ur text i bet this is ur first rpg you ever played.. mybe you should try a mmorpg and see how things work there, stop biatching and play like the game is soposto be. Not evrything must be from hand reach by ur likeing

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2010-11-17, 2:17:40 PM | Message # 13
Stage 9
This isn't the first RPG I've played, and I've also played a great many. It's over 30 I think by now, and if you count crappy ones, it's probably over 100.

The rest I can't decipher, could someone translate?

Malevolent criminal I,

God_Of_DeathDate: Wednesday, 2010-11-17, 3:03:27 PM | Message # 14
Stage 7
What Ceshun is trying to say is that you should not expect everything to be handed to you on a silver platter.

Sandman366Date: Thursday, 2010-11-18, 2:34:30 PM | Message # 15
Stage 9
I don't want a silver platter, I'm fine with a bronze one. I just don't like copper ones.

Malevolent criminal I,

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » Chaotic Ore - More Rare than Forgotten (There isn't any!)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024