Thursday, 2024-05-02, 2:10:19 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » MUOnline Jwul System (*ding*)
MUOnline Jwul System
TrueShadowDate: Saturday, 2010-09-18, 9:57:45 AM | Message # 1
Stage 10
Group: Administrator
In MUOnline there are item sets that increased in glowy brightness everytime you upgraded your equipment using "Jwuls". The Jwuls were little rare drops that looked like a gem and you use it to give your equipment a tiny stat boost (make it a little better and glow a little brighter and there were like +12 times you can upgrade). However, everytime you applied a Jwul onto an item, it had a 75% to fail and drop back down to +0 losing all the glow. If you succeed in upping the equipment, there'd be this pleasing 'ding' noise, and if you failed, a 'breaking' failure noise.

Anyways, it would be cool if you had something like that (not saying you rip off the idea straight up lol...but I wouldn't mind if you did). You could make the jwuls (or whatever you want to call them) as a rare drop from certain mobs and make them un-savable items. Every time you pick up one up, you would hear a nice 'ding' noise. The best part I like about it is there were 12 levels of glowy brightness, and when you finally got to the 12th level, you'd be a shiny blazing hero of awesomeness.

darkchaosDate: Saturday, 2010-09-18, 12:07:42 PM | Message # 2
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
Well, its similiar to the item upgrade system, except that it uses jewels instead of a item upgrader, and makes you shiny. 12 items are a little... well... much lets say. The item upgration system i made, which, will later, upgrade every item of a specific class. So, you can upgrade a sword and dagger to +5. Then that equals 5x5 (5 upgrades x 5 weapon types) + 5x5(5 upgrades x 5 armor types) = 50 items. Using 12 upgrades pretty much more than doubles it. If i did however, then it would replace the item upgration system, which would pretty much make you have no reason to have plat and arc. The only idea that I can get from this having an upgrade stone of sorts drop from bosses? that doesnt cost money and can upgrade one item with one charge. It would, however, have to be rarer than a leg.

BanshiDate: Saturday, 2010-09-18, 12:57:03 PM | Message # 3
Stage 1
Group: Users
why not to combine plat, arc and upgrade stone in to one upgrade system. For example, to make a demon dagger +1 you'll need xx plat xx arc and a demon stone.
Then to make a set you'll need all the items to be at the same level... and then the set's would be insanely strong... even stronger then the boss ones! wacko
When I think about it, it looks like it's one hell of a job dry

p.s. In mu online you can actually upgrade up to +15

TrueShadowDate: Saturday, 2010-09-18, 1:22:46 PM | Message # 4
Stage 10
Quiet you, it was +12 in my memory lol. Anyways, I just like the gradual increase in glowiness (the boost in performance is a minor issue and not the main point. In fact, it does not even have to boost the item stats at all, it could give a different type of bonus...). I also like the *ding* when you succeed or pick up one of the jwuls, and the succeed/fail part of it. 25% to succeed and 75% to fail and drop back to +0 and you waste the jwul. If you make these 'jwuls' un-savable and with a succeed/fail ratio, it's rarity could be reduced down to how rare an iron golem ore drops.

Ultimately, I like glowing things...you could just totally bypass the jwul idea since that's a lot of work to add in. Could just make the current updgraded items give the hero a brighter glow with each upgrade or if it's a visible item like the wings, then the wings glow brighter with each upgrade, that is unless if WC3's gradual glow effects looks terribad on the map.

God_Of_DeathDate: Saturday, 2010-09-18, 1:24:39 PM | Message # 5
Stage 7
Group: Moderator
So you should add in a trigger that if you pick up certain things you glow brighter so crows and kevvin who have the same shiny fetish can enjoy the game more.

TrueShadowDate: Saturday, 2010-09-18, 1:25:46 PM | Message # 6
Stage 10
That's the whole point! MUOnline totally banked on that gradual increase in glowiness...don't underestimate it.

darkchaosDate: Saturday, 2010-09-18, 1:27:28 PM | Message # 7
Mapmaker
I have no idea how i would do the glow, lol...

God_Of_DeathDate: Saturday, 2010-09-18, 1:31:01 PM | Message # 8
Stage 7
Ask blizzard how. They will report back to you in one week. And by one week I mean one week in blizzard release time. 1 week = 364 months

BanshiDate: Saturday, 2010-09-18, 1:32:49 PM | Message # 9
Stage 1
Quote (Kevvin)
That's the whole point! MUOnline totally banked on that gradual increase in glowiness...don't underestimate it.

QFT!!!

p.s. +15 is even more shiny and makes a spinning-and-shiny-magic-stripes like thinks show under your feet once every 10-20s salute

KrazyFruitDate: Saturday, 2010-09-18, 5:41:35 PM | Message # 10
Stage 4
Some spell effect upon the hero? Like theres burning one, i bet theres healing one aswell, which looks like glow. And if you come to the lower thing, what if 5 awesomely glowing heroes go to the arena together, what would happen to the framerate?

And theres brighter glows, mainly coming from AoE spells.

But yeah, dont make it too bright or Kev wouldnt do anything in one game than follow glowing heroes.

darkchaosDate: Sunday, 2010-09-19, 1:47:01 AM | Message # 11
Mapmaker
Quick test, just to test out the idea. Worked quite well... actually.

TrueShadowDate: Sunday, 2010-09-19, 11:09:33 AM | Message # 12
Stage 10
Is that glow color based on player color? Ah before you continue this idea, you should check how the glow changes in MU:

Low levels of glow or no glow at all:

High level of glow:

God_Of_DeathDate: Sunday, 2010-09-19, 11:13:33 AM | Message # 13
Stage 7
Looks pretty cool actually. How would this work into the game though?

I think kevvin just pitched a tent too.

darkchaosDate: Sunday, 2010-09-19, 12:11:53 PM | Message # 14
Mapmaker
The armor itself is glowing... thats impossible to make. I can only make a glowy kind of effect. And it looks weird if its changes color based on the playeer, cause then it just looks like player glow

tonton302Date: Sunday, 2010-09-19, 4:57:07 PM | Message # 15
Stage 1
Just an idea but you could find/make models? There are lots of people out there capable of that.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Game Suggestions & Ideas » MUOnline Jwul System (*ding*)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024