Sunday, 2024-04-28, 9:18:49 AM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Guides and FAQ » Tips for newbs, all help is appreciated!
Tips for newbs, all help is appreciated!
VisereonDate: Monday, 2012-11-12, 11:32:26 AM | Message # 1
Stage 1
Group: Users
Hey everyone, my friends and I just started playing PoM together and we really suck, we're only level 15 or so and we don't know what to do.
What tips can you provide to noobs and people looking for help at the very beginning? We know about making houses and making butlers to generate gold/lumber, we know about fighting the green/amber colour dots on the map to level up, however it's really slow and I think we're playing the game wrong.

I know most of you have (or are close to) a level 999, so why not share some precious advice for those normal world players? happy

Here are a few basic question that I would like answered if anyone can help:

1. How do you level up quickly during the start of a new character? It takes my friends and I about an hour to even get to level 3 or 5.

2. What should we be spending gold on?

3. Which heroes are good to play besides the few from the Tier of Lividus? They take too much damage, or are boring tanks. sad

4. Is building a home more beneficial than a nation?

Thanks for the help guys. Hopefully this thread will help all the new players out there, including myself & my friends.

Message edited by Visereon - Monday, 2012-11-12, 12:01:41 PM

SquiddieDate: Monday, 2012-11-12, 12:12:43 PM | Message # 2
Stage 1
Errrr you need to buy a Home or A Nation and Build in the provided build area's,
Spending gold is Easy once you get into it Tomes merchant by the Church in town or items like Armour of the Gods is always a good buy and As hero's Lividus are the only updated hero's so most will recommend them because all other hero's are Quite hard to play outside of the normal world But skink is good :P Mostly down to personal Preference

GhostWolf223Date: Monday, 2012-11-12, 12:57:00 PM | Message # 3
Stage 9
oooo i got this one guys

get bloodelf nation and take a few mines and lots of trees
then tome a crap ton for your main stat+str
then save a bit of money n wood and go into infinite struggle block off 3 sides with semi built unit trainers
then on last side put doctors on inside of the side (generally 5+ for survivability)
that should get you quick and easy levels untill quest/boss items biggrin
(savior/Hellspawn are good outside lividus if you still want updated but no real downside)

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

AlexengDate: Monday, 2012-11-12, 1:00:14 PM | Message # 4
Stage 4
1.) The map was actually made for people with a save from Waugriff's version, around level 50. But buy a home (nation if you want gold/lumber) and you'll level up faster.

2.) As Squiddie said, you should spend some on first Armor of Gods and then some tomes. The Evil Shopkeeper sells three great items too, for around 100k gold and lumber each. (Broken Scepter - map-wide tele; Saviors Armor - 2k armor, some regen; Rigged Item - 70% chance to do x6 crit).

3.) Hellspawn, Savior and Mountain King are all good. Mage Lord has an overpowered Cripple which reduces damage, attack speed and movement speed by 80% at max level (great for 2 or 3-manning Aza).

4.) Nation is better at start, because you'll want the lumber from wisps. Grand Home is good between 201 and 300. Chaotic Nation isn't really worth it unless you're gonna let the game run overnight. Chaotic Home is needed to level past 601 or 701.

Brony Forever.
Favorite characters: Chrysalis, Twilight, Luna, Discord, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Trixie.
Favorite pairings: TwiLuna, CelestiCord, Twixie, AppleDash, TwiDash, Flutterdash.

VisereonDate: Monday, 2012-11-12, 1:02:55 PM | Message # 5
Stage 1
Thanks for the tips! smile

Would Battlemage be good? He seems like a fun character.

And infinite struggle is a good way to level up? When my friends and I did it, we got wrecked haha. The enemies spawn too quickly for us to build anything.
I appreciate the help - the more the better!

Edit:

So Armor of the Gods is a must then. Also, how do you save in single player? I tried -save, then loaded up the game later and -load didn't load my previous character. Now it works. o.o

So if the game is meant for level 50's... how do we level from 1 - 50 efficiently? :S lol

Message edited by Visereon - Monday, 2012-11-12, 1:15:34 PM

SquiddieDate: Monday, 2012-11-12, 1:32:08 PM | Message # 6
Stage 1
Visereon You can load in Singleplayer but you cannot save If you wish to play i can host now What realm are you on?

Message edited by Squiddie - Monday, 2012-11-12, 1:32:47 PM

VisereonDate: Monday, 2012-11-12, 2:17:36 PM | Message # 7
Stage 1
It's alright, I just want to play with my friends in multiplayer, but thanks for the offer. smile

This is a noob question, but where is the Evil Shopkeeper Alex? In the town I can only find a marketplace, goblin marketplace, some vaults, the tome merchant, weapon and armor vendors, and the homes store, lol.

GhostWolf223Date: Monday, 2012-11-12, 2:28:51 PM | Message # 8
Stage 9
ooo shot down

Evil shop keeper moves are the map
when you first start up game hes under the gold mine at bottom right of map (not the orcs but the one up and right to the orcs lol)
hes perm invis so use gem of truesight or farsight to find him

SquiddieDate: Monday, 2012-11-12, 3:19:23 PM | Message # 9
Stage 1
wow denied i was trying to be friendly :P

VisereonDate: Monday, 2012-11-12, 6:54:30 PM | Message # 10
Stage 1
Quote (GhostWolf223)
ooo shot down

Evil shop keeper moves are the map
when you first start up game hes under the gold mine at bottom right of map (not the orcs but the one up and right to the orcs lol)
hes perm invis so use gem of truesight or farsight to find him

Haha, not shot down, I just want to play with my friends and take things easy.
Could you be more clear about where the secret shopkeeper is? I don't know where are orcs are on the map. Hmm.

Added (2012-11-12, 6:54:30 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Also, where do I turn in the quest Hydra? I have the spear on my character but nobody in the village will accept it.

GhostWolf223Date: Monday, 2012-11-12, 8:16:45 PM | Message # 11
Stage 9
its the person at top left inside town i think idk i could be wrong
orcs occupy the base at very very bottom right of map behind the gate

Sandman366Date: Monday, 2012-11-12, 8:21:13 PM | Message # 12
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
1. You need a house/nation.

2. Depends on what you want, but it's a short list of what shops have that I use. (Been so long I don't remember a lot of the names, but the one with 30 armor and Endurance Aura is good, Armor of Gods is good, and if you see Evil Shopkeeper, then Broken God's Scepter and Savior Armor. For houses, either Blood Elf Nation for money early on or Tower for Reveal, and once you can afford it, make sure to get Castle of the Gods. I don't think there's a better Normal World house. Axe of Swiftness/Bashing (one of the two can be bought) are good together, and Waugriff's Ring is EPIC!! Some other things I think but not much...)

3. Not much. Savior is good, and Battlemage has worldwide tele that can be used anytime but has long-ish CD. Can't think of much of any others that are all that....effective...

4. If you want money, probably not. If you want exp, just about guaranteed that a home is better.

Evil Shopkeeper I've heard has 17 teleport spots, but has 18 spots to be found since one of them has him too close to the hero picker and gets him tele'd to town.

The orcs are in the bottom-right corner of the map.

If you want to play, we probably could hit something up if you're on normal BNet.

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

GhostWolf223Date: Tuesday, 2012-11-13, 0:27:34 AM | Message # 13
Stage 9
i actually like dragoon armor over gods armor
cost much less and the bonus is a good start and with bonus attackspeed biggrin

ooooo imma wait for the next burn..
-gets a bucket of water ready-

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2012-11-14, 11:50:07 AM | Message # 14
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
Yes, Dragoon is what I was trying to think of. It's epic for lower levels. Though, once you've got a few thousand agi, Armor of Gods/Savior Armor is typically better, because you need less attack speed and more defensiveness.

Wolf, buckets of water are nice and all, but you just sat there while I made a lava source house over your head.

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

GhostWolf223Date: Wednesday, 2012-11-14, 2:24:10 PM | Message # 15
Stage 9
You must not get the joke then o;

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Guides and FAQ » Tips for newbs, all help is appreciated!
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024