[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Site Feedback » New website
New website
valkierDate: Tuesday, 2010-07-13, 6:06:16 PM | Message # 1
Webmaster
Group: Administrator
So I've been bouncing around the idea for a while now for getting a actual website for the map. Not just a running a ucoz one. An upgrade so to say. Kind of like when you spend hours farming leggy gear. You have to put work into it. Well, websites cost money. Money, with my lack of a job due to health problems and the health problems themselves that I just do not have right now. So this is where the community would come into play.
If the community was to be for this idea and such, it would come through donations. Some of you are probably reading this now thinking of how to work this to your advantage. But this is where I feel most of you won't go for the idea. Through donating, you would keep the site running, but you would have no control over it. It will not get you a moderator position, as those are earned. And it sure as hell won't get you administrator. You will not get a custom hero in the game or special items, or be chosen to beta test the maps (beta testers are only those darkchaos feels he can personally trust with the maps). You would get nothing in return, except for a full up-and-running website. Or no one can help out and we can just stay here on this website. So speak your mind here about the idea.

P.S. If I can rally enough support, I shall create a paypal account for the site to allow for donations that will in no way be linked to my personal account.

God_Of_DeathDate: Tuesday, 2010-07-13, 6:31:24 PM | Message # 2
Stage 7
Group: Moderator
I think this is a good idea but personally being jobless and otherwise raising money for med school this is impossible for me

CutenessDate: Tuesday, 2010-07-13, 7:58:28 PM | Message # 3
Stage 4
Group: Users
Unfortunately, I won't be back to work until mid to late September. So I couldn't donate anything until early to mid October at the earliest...and that's if I'm lucky. If I'm unlucky, new years or later.

sorry sad

I'm not obsessed with Cute things......I just like them better then everything else <3

darkchaosDate: Tuesday, 2010-07-13, 10:44:25 PM | Message # 4
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
Sorry, I don't work at all and such. Busy with school and CoT :P

CeshunDate: Wednesday, 2010-07-14, 9:43:41 AM | Message # 5
Stage 4
Group: File Master
If no ones willing to donate then i can offer my pc as server for test runs.
It aint the first time i ran a forum off my pc. oh wait it was my old slow pc wich even worked greate.
Valk know ur way around TeamViewer? If so then you have no problem setting it up?

TrueShadowDate: Wednesday, 2010-07-14, 8:32:58 PM | Message # 6
Stage 10
I think this forums is fine as it is. I've seen many sites, even super fancy ones, but the basics is still all the same. I don't know too much about setting up sites from the ground up, which is why someone else is doing it for our clan, but seriously, I think this one is great as it is.

bud-bus-Date: Wednesday, 2010-07-14, 10:56:26 PM | Message # 7
Lead Moderator
Quote (Kevvin)
I think this one is great as it is.

Yep. It really is dude. And besides I know my way around on it lol...

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

myrealDate: Wednesday, 2010-07-14, 11:02:02 PM | Message # 8
Stage 3
The site is great yes i agree with that. Am also jobless i got laid off. I can still support you considering my EI is cut by $500 of my usual pay and its almost run out. If anything I should be able to help when my funding comes through.

say how much donation do you want? like $20 am clueless how much sites cost to maintain. If the motion is carried then i will support you.

dothackkingDate: Saturday, 2010-07-17, 12:17:10 PM | Message # 9
Stage 4
I....don't think this is a good idea. The WC3 community in general is quite small, even smaller now with sc2. It would be a waste of a website to put it up for the 20 people who play this map.

TharashkDate: Saturday, 2010-07-17, 9:42:47 PM | Message # 10
Stage 1
Quote (dothackking)
It would be a waste of a website to put it up for the 20 people who play this map.

I don't know where you've been playing but there sure as hell is way more then 20 people playing this map i can get a full house in less then like 5 mins with my bot that's 8 people right there plus the other few hundred if not thousand people that have played and will play this map again and there are more then 20 people registered on this forum already I'm sure so really it would be nice however that aside this forum is already just a swell as any normal site you could make so i don't see the point in changing a great thing/

ShadowDate: Sunday, 2010-07-18, 5:48:54 AM | Message # 11
Stage 1
I think this is a great Idea actually o.o

Yum Yum Deviled Eggs... Always Saves my life :D

God_Of_DeathDate: Sunday, 2010-07-18, 6:06:49 PM | Message # 12
Stage 7
Should keep this website until we get about 50-100 members that post regularly. Although now is not a good time to judge activeness

KelorienneDate: Monday, 2010-07-19, 6:22:23 PM | Message # 13
Stage 1
Not really enough people in these forums to support a website.

Yesterday is History, Tomorrow a Mystery, but Today is a Gift...that is why it is callled the Present.

valkierDate: Tuesday, 2010-07-20, 7:27:35 PM | Message # 14
Webmaster
Well I'm also hoping that with new versions we'll get more. I remember when we had 60+ members posting within a 24 hour period before i deleted a lot of old threads.

myrealDate: Wednesday, 2010-07-21, 0:36:03 AM | Message # 15
Stage 3
A lot of people still play the game but probably 20% or less comes to the forum. I actually came out of curiosity and I ended up liking it.
This is the one and only online community that I have ever joined. I was impressed with the layout of the site to be honest.
People refer their friends to play the game and I usually ask if they ever went on the forum and so far all have said NO. I think one person recognized my name from the forum but the others are clueless.

ON THE LOAD SCREEN OR IN QUESTS ADD THE SITE AND SAY SOMETHING LIKE VISIT OUR FORUM FOR TIPS/BOTT HOSTINGS OR SHARE WHATS ON UR MIND, GET A LOAD OFF. Something like that. To be honest on this forum its great to see how people share whats bothering them or good things that happened to them. Some of us are older and more mature than others and we could empower one another. Just a thought let me know if its a good idea.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Site Feedback » New website
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024