Saturday, 2024-04-27, 4:08:38 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Site Feedback » New Evaluation of Valkier
New Evaluation of Valkier
KronikwastedDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 2:43:47 PM | Message # 16
Group: Guests

as a member and moderator of possibly the most UNSTRICT forums known to mankind, i hardly ever use periods, and i know that annoys the holy frack out of trueshadow, i do not use this forums simply because i have so many other forums i am a part of if not moderating, however from what i have heard, a little bit of lenience is in order, its a forum on the internet, not the congress or senate floor, if people go offtopic a lil bit or talk about another map or such, it should not be that big of an issue, for instance, our forums (the clan cm forums, the most UNSTRICT forums known to mankind) has many different forums boards and such, with an offtopic spam section and other sections where people can post about on topic stuff, just because its a site about pomfoc doesnt mean it has to be ONLY about pomfoc, allow people to post about other maps as well as other games, expand your horizons and you will find new and greater sites

SandDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 3:06:30 PM | Message # 17

What I'd like is for more specificity in the rules. Yes it my be a CoT site, but in the off-topic area, I'd expect that means topics off of CoT. More specificity in that respect would've been appreciated.

WolfyDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 4:40:38 PM | Message # 18

=/ coulda gave a warning or something >.> we never even said the maps name <.<

zachDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 5:31:49 PM | Message # 19
Stage 1
Group: Users
I think you run it fine. Anyone that is complaining obviously done something wrong and you take care of it

valkierDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 5:54:20 PM | Message # 20
Webmaster
Group: Administrator
Quote (Wolfy)
we never even said the maps name

The map you were talking about was obvious, and the name was mentioned at one point. Also, This isn't the place for that. If you have a problem with it, then please contact me directly.

IchibanBakaDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 6:18:25 PM | Message # 21
Stage 3
The only thing I don't like about this site is the cuss rule, the naming other maps rule and the security codes to post. The security code is just mainly annoying since I always forget it's there and press post reply, but the new one that doesn't look like a rainbow shat itself is much better... And the cussing is cause I kinda grew up with that so it just comes naturally even though it's not a good thing.

As far as I have experienced you give a whole SHITLOAD of warnings to first time offenders and when to many people break the same rule you give out a mass pm telling us that you're tired of the rule breaking... So I don't see why people think you're using the banhammer too much.

My conclusion: I like the way you run the site and how you maintain it to be as flame free and underage friendly as possible. You're not really that strict, if you were you wouldn't have given so many people second chances. Just some of the rules are a little exaggerated. So keep up the good work. Like dc said in the former evaluation, You're awesome.

SandDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 8:33:53 PM | Message # 22

[quote=valkier] If you have a problem with it, then please contact me directly.[/quote]
I would. I sorta can't, seeing as how account is blocked. :P

TrueShadowDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 9:03:08 PM | Message # 23
Stage 10
Quote (IchibanBaka)
The security code is just mainly annoying since I always forget it's there and press post reply

I'll remove that if valkier is fine with not having it.

WaugriffDate: Wednesday, 2011-06-08, 10:08:45 PM | Message # 24
Stage 1
A lot of communism on forums eh?

GhostWolf223Date: Thursday, 2011-06-09, 11:39:25 AM | Message # 25
Stage 9
of course

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

Sandman366Date: Friday, 2011-06-10, 12:11:21 PM | Message # 26
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
Okay, number of problems now that I can officially say it was me saying it.
First, sec codes. These are STUPID. You have to do like 5 just to sign up for the site, and 700 posts later you'd think I wouldn't need to do them. (Then I look down and see I don't need to anymore. Hallelujah!)
Second, BB codes rules here are probably some of the dumbest around. Guests can't quote, and unless you're a mod/admin, you can't do (img) or (url). This is MAYBE understandable so you don't have 3 mile long pages that take 2h to load, but just have people put spoilers around it! Or maybe even automatic spoilers. Then when you do (img), you can have a dozen of them in the post, andn ot have to look at external links to look at the pictures. (I kinda find that annoying. I'm here, someone wants to show something, why must I go down the street to see it.)
Third (and for now I think finally), the rules. They need to be clarified. Yes, it's a CoT site. There's an off-topic section. Most people would assume that means the off-topic section is for, well, stuff not related to the rest of the site. Apparently not! The WHOLE damned site, INCLUDING OFF TOPIC, MUST be CoT. How's it off topic then? You can make a whole post of " smile " and that's it? That's your special effect for being in the off-topic area? That's stupid.

Anyway, are codes completely removed? Or is there a post count where you no longer need them? I can understand for Guests and Privates (lowest rank), so that they aren't just bot spammers (for a while at least). But it is nice to not have to figure out those stupid things anymore (several times they have appeared to be a character short-and occasionally they were so close to each other it was impossible to tell it wasn't want it looked like)

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

GhostWolf223Date: Friday, 2011-06-10, 3:54:20 PM | Message # 27
Stage 9
i think their removed cause i dont have em eaither

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

darkchaosDate: Friday, 2011-06-10, 4:10:35 PM | Message # 28
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
true removed them from everyone.

True updates:

Users can now use URL and IMG codes.

Updated Forum rules with our actual forum rules.

temporarily allowing guests to post in site feedback section

e-opened Guides and FAQ forum section for use. Do not request for a guide or ask questions there. Ask questions in General forum section. Don't clutter the Guides and FAQ section with non-informative posts or threads.

Users can now edit their old posts as much as they want for 9999 days (previous setting was 2 days). Users will now auto generate hyperlinks.

*Registered users no longer have to type a security code every time they post.

Sandman366Date: Friday, 2011-06-10, 5:32:51 PM | Message # 29
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
Codes still exist when PMing. But I guess that can be suffered through.
So the edit max was 2 days? Hmm. It sometimes felt longer than that, and often felt shorter than that. Ah well. We now have over 27 years to edit posts, I'm sure that's more than long enough smile

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

valkierDate: Saturday, 2011-06-11, 5:25:06 AM | Message # 30
Webmaster
You want to talk about other games, that's fine. But I'm not going to give out free advertising to other wc3 maps. I'm sorry, but I'm sticking to that.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Site Feedback » New Evaluation of Valkier
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024