Thursday, 2024-03-28, 8:39:37 AM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Site Feedback » New Evaluation of Valkier
New Evaluation of Valkier
valkierDate: Saturday, 2011-06-04, 11:16:00 PM | Message # 1
Webmaster
Group: Administrator
I did this before and figured I'd bring it back again.

Ok, so here it is. This is your chance to give feedback on me and how I run this site. Nothing you say about me in this thread will get you banned so flame away if that's what you want to do. Hell, go ahead and fucking cuss for all I care (please note however that is NOT an invitation to cuss for the sake of cussing, but I mean cussing at me).
But before you do... remember that I have a real world life with real world problems (which I shared last summer with you all) hence the lacking of updates to the site and such. I would like to throw out a HUGE thanks to TrueShadow for keeping the site alive and doing some much needed fixing.
Anyways, I'm done with my bit, so go ahead and have at me!

GhostWolf223Date: Saturday, 2011-06-04, 11:30:16 PM | Message # 2
Stage 9
Group: Users
neat

o.o

your fair i guess for being a (mostly) afk mod o.o

o.o o.o o.o

ive seen worse >.>

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

valkierDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 0:52:55 AM | Message # 3
Webmaster
Quote (GhostWolf223)
your fair i guess for being a (mostly) afk mod o.o

Mod? You do know that I'm an admin right? And that this is my site? That I've been running and owning this site for nearly 2 years now? I'm not a mod...

darkchaosDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 1:17:31 AM | Message # 4
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
Hmm... i never knew true update this site....

didnt he come back only like 2 weeks ago?

im fine with the rules - it means i have to read less offtopic stuff and stuff stays ontopic.
I read every post on this forum and clancm though, so meh.

How to improve? Remove that white background from your avatar surprised

Current evaluation? 9/10
You work on the site even though you have a hard physical condition.
I cant say if thats good or bad. Good that you help the forum, bad that you waste valuable time on the computer when you have a horrible phyiscal condition.

Oh, btw, have you tried skip rope? Apparently its good for the heart. Take it slow, skip for 10-15 min, take a break, and then skip again.

Maybe become a little more active. But then you really wernt needed since the map didnt have any updates during that time anyway, so the forum was kinda dead.

Looking forward to working with you for a third year

saying that makes me realize that i really havnt done the updates necessary for 2 years ( sad )

Furthermore, i think the off topic area should eb free of rules. it is offtopic after all, but thats just my view.
I liked that random thread too, although i had no idea what they were talking about.
Still, i think that we should have a offtopic section without rules.
It will allow people to express themselves and make the pomfoc forums a fun place, while keeping on topic on anything thats not offtopic.
If this is recognized, i appeal for a dereproof for everyone involved in the random thread.

I also edited your thread title from eval to evaluation. Because personally, i thought first what it "eval"? before coming to this thread.
"Evaluation" will clear it up and maybe get more people to post.

Was a mass pm sent out as well? I want to involve everyone on this.

God this post is hard to understand, anyway.
I have an idea for new users, similiar to an anime website im on:

That post redirects to the rules.

I have also posted a thread on clancm for people to come here if they have any problems with the site, as they are the one they need to turn to.
The thread is here:
http://clancm.ucoz.net/forum/20-649-1

If you cant view the thread because you are not registed, here is the body of the thread:
Code
This is regarding the pomfoc website.

Many of you refuse to join it or comment in it because of multiple reasons, such as being too "strict".

Therefore, I am possibly losing creative ideas or bug reports, or simply how I could improve the map.

I would like to have you point of view, on this thread:

http://pomfoc.ucoz.com/forum/17-1349-1

This post redirects to valkiers evaluation, the creator and upholder of the site.

I would appreicate your viewpoint and how we could make the site better.

Thank you,
~darkchaos

Conclusion
Valkiers a good creator of the site. He upholds it even in his physical condition that is wavering. His ranking is 9/10, and the only thing he needs to improve is to make the offtopic section rule-free and be a little bit more active. Looking forward to working with you a third year.[This conclusion sucks, read whole post for info.]

darkchaosDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 2:03:58 AM | Message # 5
Mapmaker
God im just putting everything in here. Anyway,
I think it would be cool to chance the status of the images with ranks.
Eg, im administrator, and i get a yellow sheild with a A on it.

I found some better ones, which I stole from another forum, and thought it would be nice to change to them instead:

darkchaosDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 2:04:04 AM | Message # 6
Mapmaker

MetroidDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 2:16:50 AM | Message # 7
Stage 3
Well for starters your too strict and second you need to look at your own rules like this one.
If you do not display activity in the forum for a long time, you account may be removed.
You account may be removed. Should be Your account may be removed.
Other then that nope no problems.

darkchaosDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 2:31:14 AM | Message # 8
Mapmaker
Please expand your ideas on how it is too strict.

God_Of_DeathDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 2:45:12 AM | Message # 9
Stage 7
Group: Moderator
Honestly I don't think the forum is too strict at all. Could use a place for people to talk about other wc3 games though, seeing as everyone keeps almost breaking that rule.

TrueShadowDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 2:51:55 AM | Message # 10
Stage 10
Evaluation of Valkier:

1. There were a lot of typos and weird settings behind the scenes that needed some fixing (but since I'm on it now...kinda pointless to tell you which needs fixing). If people find typos, PM me about it.
2. You have slight outbursts from time to time that need to be worded better.
3. There's no need to tell people you own the site or even involved in cot...don't need to remind people of status/rank/duty/responsibility. However, this is just my own personal way of being and I believe each person has their own right to be the way they are, but I just wanted to share my philosophy.

Response to dark's requests:

1. New message to new users (I want to set that up, but I don't know how to).
2. New icons (I can do it, just remind me if it's not done in a week).

Quote (Metroid)
If you do not display activity in the forum for a long time, you account may be removed.

That is a typo made by ucoz itself since those are default forum rules generated by ucoz. I will be updating Forum rules with our actual rules.

AlexengDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 5:14:31 AM | Message # 11
Stage 4
For being new here, I would say your doing a great job. Even if the rules are kinda strict at some points it's still better than most forums, where some sections don't have a mod at all or the mods that look through it just ignore all rule-breaks. I would say 10/10, because still caring about the community, however small it may be, despite having huge problems IRL is something that most wouldn't find time or inspiration to do.

Brony Forever.
Favorite characters: Chrysalis, Twilight, Luna, Discord, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Trixie.
Favorite pairings: TwiLuna, CelestiCord, Twixie, AppleDash, TwiDash, Flutterdash.

razvan1988Date: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 5:21:14 AM | Message # 12
Stage 1
if you have a bad phisycall condition,then why are you still here??you must take a vacation,live your life man...do not waste your time in this way..you must enjoy every second of your life and this isn't the good way,to be a webmaster...but this is just my opinion,you know better what you must do...i read this forum every day,but i do not write every day...i'm just a fan of this site and i don't have any complains of you..Have a good day and take care of you!

Wolfe_GarmDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 9:17:08 AM | Message # 13
Stage 1
i've got no complaints, only been here a short time though give me a week or two and we'll see if i really have a complaint (doubt it thought but who knows)

I am a human,
Prone to weakness,
But i am a Guardsman,
Where weakness is death,
I will crush my Weakness,
with the weight of my pride.
- Litany of Strength

MetroidDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 11:19:11 AM | Message # 14
Stage 3
Man you see people getting banned left and right. Why i don't post to much on this site. And its not just like a 24hour ban its like 2 or 3 days i mean come on how stupid is that? This site is like so strict just one little mess up and your done for your banned for like 5days. Which particular isn't fair. I made an introduction thread and i already get told like you gotta use periods and that i better watch it just because i didn't use periods wtf? All i've got to say is this site is way too strict why you ain't got to many active members.

TrueShadowDate: Sunday, 2011-06-05, 12:56:41 PM | Message # 15
Stage 10
http://pomfoc.ucoz.com/forum/6-1201-1

Re-read your introduction thread. You were never told "you gotta use periods". If you would like to have any further discussion about this particular topic, PM me about it and I will be happy to oblige any further concerns.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Site Feedback » New Evaluation of Valkier
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024