Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Preloading
Preloading
WeWinTogetherDate: Thursday, 2010-01-21, 1:50:07 PM | Message # 1
Stage 1
Group: Users
I'm sure nearly everyone here is aware of this exploit, that allows the use of 2 heros in bot hosted games.
What i don't know however, is if people and by people i mainly mean darkchaos, think this exploit should be punished.
Myself i've been killing people that preload, and took quite a few flames for it. But it's an unfair exploit and therefor should be punished
or am i the only with this opinion?

WhimsicalyukiDate: Sunday, 2010-01-24, 1:11:01 AM | Message # 2
Stage 5
I'd say everyone is allowed to use any exploits as long as they tell people how to if there's people that wants to know it so it'd be fair, or decide the matter of exploits before game to make sure everyone understands your policy so there will be no unneccessary conflict, as for personal preference, I like to do things myself and I dislike to get plvled from someone other than myself, so... I find exploits useful. Don't get me wrong, I do hate hackers and will boot any hackers from my game since it'd ruin everyone's fun, in fact i tend to make my rooms just slightly over the character i'm going to load and under, like if i'm going to load a level 357 i'd say level 375 or less so i hardly have a problem like that, anyways the key point is that how you view the exploit as, like if you view it as same as cheating or hacking then yeah i guess you'd disagree, personally i think of it as a shortcut, as in something to speed it up rather than getting things without effort seeing as to use the exploit mentioned here i'd only use it for plvling and to plvl i'd need to be quite high leveled, preferably max level, and if i had gotten to level 999 myself, plvling only speeds up the process as i know how to play, basically i find exploits to be okay because it takes some effort in order to do it >_>

what would happen if Yuki was a vampire

GressklipperDate: Sunday, 2010-01-24, 11:05:50 AM | Message # 3
Stage 1
A little glitch exploiting here and there is just fun, it's part of the video games imo.
However, this dual hero glitch is so extremely abuseable, it's not fun. It's not like jumping through the Deku three via the golden skulltula in LoZ:OoT, but more like jumping through walls in mario 64.
I don't host public games, but when I join bot games, don't expect any help from me.
I don't kill them or harass them as long as they stay away from me(I don't feel wc3 has large enough community to that anymore), but if they do get close, I either banish them or kill them.

As for for namecalling, glitching is not equal to hacking or cheating. Glitch abusing is "cheating" per definition, but the methods are different. Exploiting of game mechanics is a tough issue as the blame is really on the mapmaker's flaws(No offense!). But the glitch abuser is of course the 'criminal' who exploits this.

@Whimsical: This exploit doesn't really take much effort at all. Perhaps 30 seconds. And if used 'correctly', saves you for any farming except perhaps the last few 100ish lvls.
(That was some long 3 sentences you got there, hurts a bit to read :<)

This glitch should be dealt with quite fast though, so this shouldn't remain a issue.

[OffT]I knew of a different way to do this in DotA earlier(pre .38b), me and some friends used to have 10 hero team. Not fun for the others. Had Syllabear's speed boost on Sven and Bounty Hunter, constantly 522 with horribly OP attack speed.[/OffT]

Message edited by Gressklipper - Sunday, 2010-01-24, 11:07:55 AM

WeWinTogetherDate: Monday, 2010-01-25, 8:49:06 AM | Message # 4
Stage 1
The thing about this glitch that worries me is that items are bound to names.
So in theory if you level a new char to 775 (which lets face it, takes approx 20 mins with a 999)
so since you have 2 chars with the same name it could be possible to transfer your uniques to it and +5 wings defeating any purpose there ever was in this game. this is just a theory i got, i can't confirm it though.

GressklipperDate: Monday, 2010-01-25, 12:30:32 PM | Message # 5
Stage 1
I have seen it happen, it is definitely confirmed.
In about 3/4 bot-hosted games I play, at least one player double hero exploits, and more and more players have so obviously used it.
Legendary wings requires 825, but yes, it is that easy and is one of the main reasons why this glitch should have high priority, which it probably already has.

WhimsicalyukiDate: Wednesday, 2010-01-27, 9:32:45 PM | Message # 6
Stage 5
I've done it personally but I tend to want to do that because do you KNOW how long IT TOOK ME TO GET My Items? O_O Gosh I'd rather not spend like 3~7 days farming thanatos then working on making money for few days straight by killing hell monsters in big bundles and having fully upgraded demon nation and whatnot.. it's just really really really long.. especially with my luck.... like what i don't mind not getting i get in like 3 kills(ring of existence legendary for my phoenix ranger -.- really after Sphere of Azazoth that's pretty much useless) and took me 3~7 days of farming farming and more farming of thanatos, then remaking then loading my old code again so my time doesn't raise too much for my tastes >_> so yeah.... not a very good experience... it pretty much caused me to quit after getting it... I spent so much time and focus into it that i used up all of my interest in the game for 1 item and well when i got it.... it just died for me... I played for a little while after that(checking high priest and whatnot) making myself another elementalist then just poofed >_< now i'm anxiously waiting for new version because of code wipe(Oh My Gosh You Peoples Have NOOOOO Idea how long i've been waiting for that O_O) and new charies(Hopefully cute ones ^-^), anyways yeah this glitch was pretty much been on high priority, that's why yami-chi shortened the time before the intro starts, obviously that wasn't enough for bot games >_> Not sure how he'll handle this, but what I do know is that he should make a way for non-lucky people(like me) to get legendary... like a definate way to get it that would take a long time >_>, like 3 days worth or 72 hours worth of farming and farming and farming for gold to upgrade rare item to legendary... I get plenty of rares, just like never a legendary T.T

what would happen if Yuki was a vampire

GressklipperDate: Thursday, 2010-01-28, 12:19:43 PM | Message # 7
Stage 1
Drop chances are indeed annoying.
I got a 974 eleand a 999 PR in these 2 past weeks, which is the time I've been playing this map, and I've seen not a single rare or unique Legion's sword nor armor(Does the armor come in diff versions btw?).
However, I've farmed both chars +5 leg wings, leg ace(for PR), leg RoE.
Took a 23 hour farm game, after unknown amount of time played, think we were around 850?, to get the legendary wings on the PR(yay for patroling with my PR friend) and lots of days for the elementalist.
However, it's not THAT bad when you cash/wood grind while farming the bosses. I pretty much instant bought the +3 on the elementalist when they dropped. Took a game or two to get +5.
Too bad me and my friend found out the best farming method after my second char had +5.(25k wood a second or so for each of us).

Why do you fully upgrade your demon nation btw?
The researches, with exception in gold farming(to an extent) are pretty much useless. Huge resource sink.
Gold gathering research only earns back in long games, or games where you farm lots of gold mines, or of course both.

Back to topic, it's not like it's everyone's right to maximize (multiple) characters, and that it makes it ethically right to glitch your way to such.
The discussion isn't really whether it's ethically right to glitch or not, but more whether it's categorized as cheating/hacking or just abusing/exploiting. Which, of course, determines the punish for the deeds, if any.

valkierDate: Thursday, 2010-01-28, 12:27:17 PM | Message # 8
Webmaster
Group: Administrator
This has gone off-topic. I'm going to close the thread. Also, Yuki, you know the rules. And Gress, idk if you do or not, but this is your one and only warning. I'm not going to keep giving out warnings though.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Preloading
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024