Saturday, 2024-04-27, 5:40:05 AM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » TWO WAYS TO FARM LEGENDARIES
TWO WAYS TO FARM LEGENDARIES
TrueShadowDate: Thursday, 2009-12-03, 8:21:20 PM | Message # 1
Stage 10
Group: Administrator
First method:
Grab a buddy, unlock chaos in 3 mins or less, then kill all the bosses in 7 mins or less. Make a new game with your buddy, rinse and repeat. (This is how we farmed legendaries back when bosses didn't respawn). THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH THIS METHOD. If it worked well back then, it works well now.

Second Method:
AFK and camp the bosses with a buddy or yourself (via LAN) that won't d/c from you. And if you do d/c away from your buddy, just start a new game with a buddy. If you can't host...then you gotta wait for the bots to fill. However, there is nothing stopping you from learning how to host yourself if you truly want those legendaries. Use the internet search engines to find out how to host....clearly if you are reading this, then you know how to surf the internet.

Edit: if you don't have a single buddy to play with for an extended amount of time...then you should go look for one first and then go farm legendaries. It is a multiplayer game afterall...

This is in response to all those complainers about how hard it is to get legendaries and the new disabled save feature. Instead of asking for requests that make the game easier, you should put more effort into it first. If you think it's just a game and shouldn't take "effort" to play, then you are entitled to that opinion. Just play it "casually" and end up with Nintendo-level stuff. All RPGs have different levels of separation...making those levels disappear would make it a terrible RPG.

ace_of_spadezDate: Thursday, 2009-12-03, 8:42:23 PM | Message # 2
Stage 4
Group: Users
id just like to add my way wink use multiple computers on lan and set it and forget it !!

TrueShadowDate: Thursday, 2009-12-03, 8:44:51 PM | Message # 3
Stage 10
I did mention "or yourself (via LAN)".

ace_of_spadezDate: Thursday, 2009-12-03, 8:57:32 PM | Message # 4
Stage 4
oh sorry i read it Quick.. :P my bad.

HellishProphetDate: Thursday, 2009-12-03, 9:05:35 PM | Message # 5
Stage 2
I mean seriously. I afk farmed w/ kevvin to get our(mostly mine) leggys, so even if the save/load disable was in effect back then, wed still have all the items we do now.

On US East: Fatmandown

lvl 999 RG: +5 Wings, 2 Astral Armors, 1 Legion Armor, 1 Leggy R.o.E., Sphere of Az

lvl 998 Priest: +4 Wings, 1 Astral Armors, 1 Legion Armor, 1 Rare R.o.E., 1 DS +2

lvl 970 Shadown Ele: +5 wings, leggy ace

riotdDate: Sunday, 2009-12-06, 1:06:12 PM | Message # 6
Stage 2
I mean seriously. I afk farmed w/ kevvin to get our(mostly mine) leggys, so even if the save/load disable was in effect back then, wed still have all the items we do now.

You are seriously lucky to have such a good internet provider, not dropping on you whenever you need it most... I don't have such a chance and I don't have any other PCs running in LAN that can run wc3...

What's DC's solution to that?

Quote (Kevvin)
you should put more effort into it first

How's AFK farming putting any effort into the game weither you are 10 or 1? It's AFK... AFK=Effort LESS. You want people to furnish efforts then I'd recommend doing dungeons like twilight where people get a good chance of dieing because of strong monsters resulting in run's failure but where they also get a good chance of getting nice items if they succeed.

Message edited by riotd - Sunday, 2009-12-06, 1:22:00 PM

HellishProphetDate: Sunday, 2009-12-06, 2:14:28 PM | Message # 7
Stage 2
Quote (riotd)
You are seriously lucky to have such a good internet provider, not dropping on you whenever you need it most... I don't have such a chance and I don't have any other PCs running in LAN that can run wc3...

What's DC's solution to that?

Thats not his problem. He can make all the maps he wants and nothing would change the fact that u need a new internet provider if it keeps doing that. Theres nuttin any1 but u can do about that BUT you. (i got comcast like most of the U.S. XD)

On US East: Fatmandown

lvl 999 RG: +5 Wings, 2 Astral Armors, 1 Legion Armor, 1 Leggy R.o.E., Sphere of Az

lvl 998 Priest: +4 Wings, 1 Astral Armors, 1 Legion Armor, 1 Rare R.o.E., 1 DS +2

lvl 970 Shadown Ele: +5 wings, leggy ace

Message edited by HellishProphet - Sunday, 2009-12-06, 2:24:06 PM

TrueShadowDate: Sunday, 2009-12-06, 2:36:35 PM | Message # 8
Stage 10
@ritod: I gave you more than one way.... If you don't like the AFK method, then use the first method. It's how we farmed legendaries back in the day when bosses did not respawn. Effort = finding a buddy and learning how to host. The first method basically calls for a restart every 10-15 mins, so you don't have to worry about d/c problems or bad internet provider. Using the first method is actually faster than waiting for boss respawns if you know how to do it efficiently with a partner.

riotdDate: Sunday, 2009-12-06, 3:02:34 PM | Message # 9
Stage 2
Quote (Kevvin)
Using the first method is actually faster than waiting for boss respawns if you know how to do it efficiently with a partner

Yeah that is if you can do it faster than a boss respawn but you still have to farm 0.991^x games to be able to get a descent chance of dropping the item and where descent in my opinion is 0.5 and over, so around 77 runs.

Message edited by riotd - Sunday, 2009-12-06, 3:02:57 PM

TrueShadowDate: Sunday, 2009-12-06, 5:15:23 PM | Message # 10
Stage 10
Quote (riotd)
77 runs

That's all? you're complaining about killing the bosses 77 times? Each "run" you can kill 5 bosses (the 5 bosses with legendaries). If you want all legendary items, then you would have to kill them each 77 times on "average". However, no character needs all legendary items. If you're complaining about that, then stick with Nintendo-level gear...no one's forcing you to have the best gear happy . The upgraded rare and upgraded normals are pretty useful.

riotdDate: Sunday, 2009-12-06, 6:35:34 PM | Message # 11
Stage 2
Quote (Kevvin)
you would have to kill them each 77 times on "average"

Well I don't know about the average or whatnot but I never dropped any of these legs within 77 kills... plus you've got to take in account that even if you restart the game every run, it will take you 77*15mins if not more since killing all 5 bosses (either for you or for the friend accompanying you) will only have them drop one item for one char and not for both of you so that's 77*15*X where X is the number of friends you're playing with but you could decide to be a real mean dude and get banned by many players just by ninja-ing all the legs every single time so that you get geared first, anyways that's not something I'd recommend doing. So in the end you end up trying to go hunt faster when really all you do is maybe get down to 10mins per run (which in my opinion is not what you'll ever get close to doing), 770mins on average per player, not you, not me, yes we can get luckier but really that won't happen at .9% a drop.

Let's not forget that DC's said he's implementing more content in the next version which will extend the game play needed in order to reach the end of the game where you probably won't have anything to do unless more ideas get poured into the map. Still I agree that afk farming is quite lame yet that's due to drop rates and or soloing being allowed, I agree as well about the fact that game play time if needed, yet I find it sad that the way it was done is as close as throwing a wooden stick in the wheels of a cyclist.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » TWO WAYS TO FARM LEGENDARIES
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024