[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Reply to Bud-Bus-
Reply to Bud-Bus-
SylaisDate: Thursday, 2011-07-28, 9:41:00 PM | Message # 1
Stage 1
Group: Users
Quote (bud-bus-)
End of story on updates. This thread can be re-opened once WE is working. I don't think this was made so you could bash dark and his 'fanbase'

Sorry if this makes me look like a dick, but I"d rather stick up for a friend than the mob.

How on earth was I (or Wolfy) "bashing" DC or the fanbase?

All I was doing was simply stating that the longer the update takes, the more people are going to stop
playing the map, so I offered the solution of sending out a quick bug-fix update.

I really dont appreciate you randomly coming in and accusing me of insulting anybody for no good reason.
Especially since you close the thread directly after so I can't even defend myself. Seriously, what the hell.

My fists have shattered men's dreams, destroyed families, and crushed hopes. But when I open these hands, I can hold my wife, make my children laugh and even aid others. The path that we take is not right. It is simply the path that we choose.

Message edited by Sylais - Thursday, 2011-07-28, 9:42:32 PM

Sandman366Date: Thursday, 2011-07-28, 10:04:36 PM | Message # 2
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
Quote (Sylais)
How on earth was I (or Wolfy) "bashing" DC or the fanbase?

More like "how was anyone", because the only way it could be considered bashing is because we think we need a new version because popularity is dieing down due to lack of an update. How's tha bashin?

But yeah, I think I agree with just about the entire post.....

Bud, you weren't sticking up for much of anything. All I noticed going on was us wanting an update, DC trying to figure out what the hell is with his WE, and us (some of us) trying to figure out why his WE went berserk (and perhaps having a chuckle about it too)
And most of the laughing about DC's WE was in the shoutbox!!

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

bud-bus-Date: Thursday, 2011-07-28, 10:07:14 PM | Message # 3
Lead Moderator
Quote (Sandman366)
Sadly tends to happen with long periods of no update, people find something else they like more and play that instead because they're tired of waiting. At the moment I can't say I'm shocked if the playerbase plummets until next version, seeing as how there's yet another codewipe.

Quote (Sylais)
Yep. I hate to admit even I'm guilty of such...I've been keeping myself busy with inFamous until the code wipe happens, which I'm very anxious for.

And PLEASE tell me the level req. on the Ring of Struggle is being fixed! I'm tired of newbies begging me to get them a ring every single game.

Sorry, I was wrong. Your not bashing him. Your nagging him. DC I want this! Why not try this? WTF do you think that does to some1? Grow up. Be patient.

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

SylaisDate: Thursday, 2011-07-28, 10:10:52 PM | Message # 4
Stage 1
So let me get this straight. Sandman states a fact, and then shares an opinion.

I state a fact, and then ask for information.

But, in YOUR world, we're nagging?

Hmm but hey. Not like I would know anyway. After all, I'm still growing up, right?

Seriously, where in the hell do you get off talking to people like that?

My fists have shattered men's dreams, destroyed families, and crushed hopes. But when I open these hands, I can hold my wife, make my children laugh and even aid others. The path that we take is not right. It is simply the path that we choose.

Message edited by Sylais - Thursday, 2011-07-28, 10:12:31 PM

bud-bus-Date: Thursday, 2011-07-28, 10:18:07 PM | Message # 5
Lead Moderator
Quote (Sylais)
So let me get this straight. Sandman states a fact, and then shares an opinion.

I state a fact, and then ask for information.

But, in YOUR world, we're nagging?

In my world? Lol, you really don't like people with power over you.. Like I said 'grow up' it's how the world works, some1 always has more power than you.

Lemme answer your question with a question: Do you think DC hasn't already been told this multiple times?

Obviously, yes, he has been told. So what's the point in bothering (nagging) him about it?

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

SylaisDate: Thursday, 2011-07-28, 10:27:17 PM | Message # 6
Stage 1
Power over me? Seriously?

I think a quote from Abraham Lincoln fits perfectly here.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

You, sir, have no character.

You sit there flaunting your power over others because it gives you a greater sense of accomplishment.
On the fucking forums, no less.

FYI, stop telling me to grow up like you know how old I am. And stop trying to pick a fucking fight dude.
You're the one who needs to start acting their age.

Edit: By the way, not that it matters, I wasnt asking DC about the ring. I was asking Sandman. Not that
you'd fucking care, it makes no difference for you. You just wanted a fight.

Message edited by Sylais - Thursday, 2011-07-28, 10:29:36 PM

GhostWolf223Date: Thursday, 2011-07-28, 10:49:02 PM | Message # 7
Stage 9
yay im included in orginal post biggrin

lol

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

AlexengDate: Thursday, 2011-07-28, 11:28:52 PM | Message # 8
Stage 4
@Sylais:
Your age does not determine how grown up you are. Some people around 30-40 act immature, despite their age. As for me, I act more mature than my age most of the time.
Right now your the one picking a fight, and don't you think he has to be trusted to be given his power in the first place? Or does that just happen to random people like you seem to think? If that's so, then you are bashing Valk, because he is the one giving out the power.
Btw, before you say anything: no, I'm not picking a fucking fight with you, I'm stating facts from my point of view. If you can't handle them, then don't reply.

Brony Forever.
Favorite characters: Chrysalis, Twilight, Luna, Discord, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Trixie.
Favorite pairings: TwiLuna, CelestiCord, Twixie, AppleDash, TwiDash, Flutterdash.

bud-bus-Date: Thursday, 2011-07-28, 11:38:29 PM | Message # 9
Lead Moderator
Just put yourself in dark's shoes for a sec. He's got problems with WE that is pissing him off to no end, then comes back here to see whatever we've been talking about..

That's all I should be asking.

/e Also I closed the thread mainly b/c dark can't update the map till WE is working.. So making this thread was fine for defending yourself.. I do read every thread.

SylaisDate: Thursday, 2011-07-28, 11:54:27 PM | Message # 10
Stage 1
I never picked a fight with bus. He started shit with me by accusing me of bashing DC when I did nothing of the sort.

Even though he may have been given power in trust, and I have no doubt that normally he's an okay guy, right now
he's being a royal prick to me for no apparent reason. I've done nothing to deserve the hostility he's shown to me.

Simple facts are this:

He's a mod. I'm not. He has power. I dont. Duh.
He's holding the power over my head like he's somehow a better human being than I am because of it.

I asked Sandman a question involving the struggle ring's level req glitch.
I was wondering if it was a simple error or if it was acting up for some strange reason.

Bud-bus- jumps in out of nowhere, insults me by accusing me of bashing DC or "nagging" DC or whatever the fuck he thinks im doing.
I've done nothing of the sort. I wasnt even addressing DC.

Now, if I brought up a question that has already been asked, I APOLOGIZE. NO NEED TO FLY OFF THE HANDLE ABOUT IT.
I dont go through EVERY SINGLE fucking thread, reading EVERY SINGLE fucking question, because I simply dont have
time for it. It's not why I sit at my computer. It's not why I come on these forums. I've read many of the posts, and I
have not come across that question.

Now let me ask this:

Will I be addressed with the same hostility every time I ask a simple question? Is this how your moderators treat people?
Or is bus simply having a bad day in his personal life and taking it out on me because he has more power than me?

Because from my point of view, that's what's happening.

Now all of this wouldn't bother me nearly as much, BUT, he has to go and LOCK THE THREAD where we're all discussing
the next update, trying to figure out how we're going to do certain things, asking questions, all in all trying to be productive (although
I will admit we did get a little sidetracked) simply to prevent me from defending myself.

Again, this is from my point of view. "If you cant handle it, dont reply."

Quote (Alexeng)
don't you think he has to be trusted to be given his power in the first place? Or does that just happen to random people like you seem to think?

Seriously, what the fuck is up with you people assuming shit about others? I'm well aware of how power is given out on forums. I'm also well aware
that bus is a shaman for Clan CM.

You people need to stop sitting there with your all-knowing magic eight ball, assuming you know everything about everybody.

Now if bus is indeed simply having a bad day and decided to flip out on me, that's cool, whatever. It happens to the best of us, and I can forgive and forget.
But if this is honestly the way he treats the CoT fanbase, I have to say, I am VERY unimpressed.

So unless he comes back and admits that the above is true, honestly, I'm done with these forums. I'll be removing my posts from the forums and deleting
the 14 other pics/guides/misc. helpful things I had laying on my desktop. The only reason I joined these forums in the first place was to
see if I could pitch a few ideas to help them along, not deal with this kind of school yard bullshit.

EDIT (because bus's post went up before mine): His problems with the WE is why I suggested the smaller update in the first place.
If it bothers him that the fanbase is starting to get anxious, I apologize, I'm simply keeping him and his team updated on
what's going on game-side while they try to fix things map-side.

Message edited by Sylais - Friday, 2011-07-29, 0:01:22 AM

bud-bus-Date: Friday, 2011-07-29, 0:18:37 AM | Message # 11
Lead Moderator
Quote (Sylais)
EDIT (because bus's post went up before mine): His problems with the WE is why I suggested the smaller update in the first place.
If it bothers him that the fanbase is starting to get anxious, I apologize, I'm simply keeping him and his team updated on
what's going on game-side while they try to fix things map-side.

He can't give out an update if WE isn't working...He updates the game because he enjoys playing it, not for the fans (that's how I would do it as well)..

And I'm sorry that you feel like I'm targeting you. I'm saying in general that Dark knows the (obvious) problems with the map. He plays it.

Finally, dark can open that thread whenever he wants. Like I said before: it's closed b/c WE isn't working so therefore no update can come about till it's fixed. Once I hear that WE is fixed, I'll re-open it.

SylaisDate: Friday, 2011-07-29, 0:28:16 AM | Message # 12
Stage 1
So, because DC is unable to work on the map, we should just stop discussing the map?
It seems fairly illogical that simply because the update will take a little bit longer
we should stop throwing around ideas and figure out what kind of stuff the map needs.

And lets be honest here. You're not sorry. You dont care that you have targetted me
(HAVE - not made me feel like, but HAVE targetted me). We're not friends, we've never
met, we're just two strangers on a forum. You dont care about me, you dont care that
you've insulted me. It's the internet, I've come to expect no less.

I expected no sincere apology from you, nor will it make an impactful difference to me
if you offered one. All I want is for you to admit that the way you talked to me
was improper.

As long as I see at least some effort go into that, I'll let the issue drop. Fact is I have about
3 different Infinite Tower layouts sitting on my desktop, as well as my original idea half-made
in the WE (I'm trying to cut down the amount of time DC will have to spend on some things
so he can focus on other things) for viewing and testing pleasure. I have a lot of ideas
and a lot of input I'd like for the team to consider so I can try and help out on a map I've loved
since it went public on day one.

But honestly, I'm not going to bother if other people (especially moderators) are going to come on
and talk to me like that every time I do.

bud-bus-Date: Friday, 2011-07-29, 1:10:05 AM | Message # 13
Lead Moderator
Quote (Sylais)
And lets be honest here. You're not sorry. You dont care that you have targetted me
(HAVE - not made me feel like, but HAVE targetted me). We're not friends, we've never
met, we're just two strangers on a forum. You dont care about me, you dont care that
you've insulted me. It's the internet, I've come to expect no less.

You don't know me, don't act like you do.
Quote (Sylais)
I expected no sincere apology from you, nor will it make an impactful difference to me
if you offered one. All I want is for you to admit that the way you talked to me
was improper.

That's sad.
Quote (Sylais)
Fact is I have about
3 different Infinite Tower layouts sitting on my desktop, as well as my original idea half-made
in the WE (I'm trying to cut down the amount of time DC will have to spend on some things
so he can focus on other things) for viewing and testing pleasure. I have a lot of ideas
and a lot of input I'd like for the team to consider so I can try and help out on a map I've loved
since it went public on day one.

Threatening me... Good idea.
Quote (Sylais)
But honestly, I'm not going to bother if other people (especially moderators) are going to come on
and talk to me like that every time I do.

0 respect for what I've done, k got it.
I wonder if sandman and wolf still agree with you?
TBH, I don't care what you do. It's your life. Stop wasting my time by getting in a pissy mood over something so petty. Can't you see your the only one whining?
And fyi, there's so much to update right now that discussions on the update are worthless (dark knows what he wants to release first). If you have an idea for the game put it in the game suggestions. Don't try threatening me, never goes over well. If your going to hold back information as blackmail, then maybe you shouldn't be apart of the community.
Finally, you broke the rules. They're there for a reason. Good night.

darkchaosDate: Friday, 2011-07-29, 2:11:07 AM | Message # 14
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
oh god, wall of text.
tl;dr
Here goes my insensitivity again.

valkierDate: Friday, 2011-07-29, 3:14:51 AM | Message # 15
Webmaster
Group: Administrator
ENOUGH! Seriously. The thread was closed before with the original post. I don't care who was wrong or right. But it was brought here and has become an all out bash fest. I'm closing this, and giving out a 1-day posting ban to those involved. I will NOT put up with this crap on this site. DC is having problems with WE. So wait. Also, those that have actually been around know the loss he suffered recently. Give him a break and lay off. And if I see another topic made to continue this bash fest blame game, then that person's getting a month posting ban. You all claim to be mature, so act like it and stop with the petty crap.

3. Do not flame other people's post's... You start drama or flaming war here = banned. Any bashing/flaming of other members/staff will not be tolerated whatsoever.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Reply to Bud-Bus-
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024