Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Question
Question
HorsemanDate: Wednesday, 2010-11-17, 5:35:03 PM | Message # 1
Stage 1
Group: Users
K so I get banned for changing my code? Wow I never realized that a flaw in YOUR map that I accidentally stumbled upon was hacking. No, wait it isn't it is called You need to fix your map. Just because I knew how to alter my save code does not make me a hacker, sorry to burst your little bubble. Seems to me you need to make sure your saving works properly before putting your game out. Anyways I think my being banned for your failure to make saves work fully right is pretty lame, but no matter I have other accounts to play on so its no problem.

On a different note. What is such the big deal if people hack on an RPG? Does it make you angry because they don't want to spend an endless amount of time on your game like others do just to have the possibility of a code wipe on the next update, requiring them to spend another endless amount of time to the same end each time there is an update? It seems to me you should be more worried about making the map great then waste your time banning people that want to speed through it. It is not like this is a competitive game, it is an rpg. I really believe you should get off your high horse about hackers and just worry about your map, cause I mean it is quite simple for someone you ban for hacking to simply create a new account and do it again, and again and again. As I see it, if your map is good enough to hack, then you should be proud of yourself, because there are many that aren't worth the time and effort to do it.

But all in all, I didn't hack I simply used the games saving against itself, thus allowing me to make my character either have high stats or alot of money, if you want to keep me banned for that then that just shows you are incapable of admitting when the problem is something You didn't fix.

Message edited by Horseman - Wednesday, 2010-11-17, 6:02:40 PM

God_Of_DeathDate: Wednesday, 2010-11-17, 6:07:05 PM | Message # 2
Stage 7
Group: Moderator
Well the hacker section is moreover not used for banning hackers. It is also used to ban cheaters such as yourself. You may say that you simply altering your code is not cheating but then this would be incorrect. What is and is not cheating would be determined by the one who made the game. The choice to ban hackers/cheaters is also the choice of the game's creator. Banning people for cheating his game doesn't seem like hes on a power streak at all to me. For instance how would you feel if you took your time to create something for others and they just turned around and cheated and abused your game.

HorsemanDate: Wednesday, 2010-11-17, 6:20:32 PM | Message # 3
Stage 1
The point is what does it matter if they cheat? The only reason for concern would be if they try to steal your map which as you can see would be highly impossible as there is a forum built for it. So the person wants to be max lvl and not have to spend 100 hours just to reach lvl 300. I believe that is fair mainly just for the amount of time it takes to lvl is overly ridiculous. As for me changing my code, is it not my code on my account of my saved character? Is it not my right to change something that belongs to me as I worked for it? It may be his map but he did not do the work to get the saved code as to change it as I have. Thus really it is not cheating but simply altering something that is already in place to my advantage. Maybe you see this as cheating but to me it isn't as it is my code to change. Why should I be blamed for the creators failure to make a code that works only as originally given? All good rpgs (Twilight, TBR, Etc) do this so should it not be placed on the creator to fix this if it is such a big deal?

God_Of_DeathDate: Wednesday, 2010-11-17, 6:24:16 PM | Message # 4
Stage 7
Alright so you own the code so you can change that but your unable to use the code since its altered material in his game. Simple solution to a simple problem. By the way the game is still in beta so the bugs are still being fixed, you would know this if you actually took the time to read the simple help menu in the game. 100 hours to get to lvl 300 is a bit over dramatic btw.

HorsemanDate: Wednesday, 2010-11-17, 6:28:44 PM | Message # 5
Stage 1
Well another simple solution to my ban is just as easily fixed so it is ok. I already have 2 different ways to play both on the banned account and not so it really does not matter either way.

God_Of_DeathDate: Wednesday, 2010-11-17, 6:29:56 PM | Message # 6
Stage 7
Alright then since this is solved and you do not care. Closed

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » General » Question
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024