Sunday, 2024-05-05, 12:06:18 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Off Topic » Writings » Short Stories.
Short Stories.
God_Of_DeathDate: Sunday, 2011-01-16, 1:21:54 AM | Message # 1
Stage 7
Group: Moderator
Rules are as follows.

1-5 paragraphs. Must make a reasonable amount of sense. Give it your best folks.

Mystic_ProphetDate: Sunday, 2011-01-16, 10:45:33 AM | Message # 2
Stage 4
Group: Users
Well my other story I posted is too long. Here's one that should fit the length requirements.

NATURE'S DANCE

The sleeper rests under layers of dust smothered rock. Falling raindrops mar his surface with cleanliness, eroding away the jagged rocks to show the smooth granite beneath. The drops coalesce into a young woman.

“Dance with me” she teases.

She leaps and twirls, flowing gracefully into each movement. The sleeper ponders the nature of this coquettish ballerina, fore these happenings are unfamiliar to him. With a laugh she grabs his arm, and entices the awakened sleeper to join her. Stumbling clumsily forward, the granite man engages the aqueous beauty. As they twirl and stomp, splash and hop, the Sleeper tears down monstrous mounds of earth. In turn the Ballerina flows over these huge depressions and smoothes out the edges with her gentle caress, forming lakes of nourishment. The Sleeper lifts the petite form onto his shoulder.

“Look what wonders we have created simply by dancing. You must stay here with me and continue this merriment.”

The liquid lass gazes at him with a pout on her lips, then giggles and kisses his cheek. “Oh Sleeper, I enjoy your company so, but alas, I cannot stay; I need to bring these wonders to all the world… come with me” she pleads. With these words she says adieu and slowly begins to evaporate, her misty form trailing up into the sunlit sky, leaving a faint aroma of morning dew. The Sleeper desires to follow, but his feet are rooted to the moist soil. This is his home and he knows of no other.

“Till next we meet,” he mutters as he lays down and lets the dust settle over him once again.

Forum » Off Topic » Writings » Short Stories.
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024