Sunday, 2024-05-05, 10:40:35 AM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Off Topic » Writings » William Omen PART 1 (just a short story)
William Omen PART 1
Mystic_ProphetDate: Tuesday, 2010-11-23, 8:42:12 PM | Message # 1
Stage 4
Group: Users
A lone figure sits in a brightly lit, padded cell. A youthful shaven face and clean pair of trousers match the white coat which binds his arms, and the short well kept strands of brown which adorn his head, yet his eyes glint with a chaotic intelligence foreign to his attire. Several voices bound off the walls. “Why? Why did Laura leave? Where is she? WAAAAAH!” “God William, would you shut the brat up all ready?” “Billy, we have been over this. Laura didn’t leave us, she died long ago.” “LIAR! I just saw her. She was here and now she’s gone” The inmate breaks out in a sobbing fit, which is quickly interrupted by a patient sigh. “Billy, that was…” “Damn you and your explanations old man. The kid was fine until that bitch put us through her hypnosis session.” “What are you suggesting?” “Oh that’s new. Is the all mighty William asking for my input?” “Just spit it out Omen.” “Simple, we remove the source of discomfort.” “Omen, we can’t just go around killing everyone who displeases us.” “Why not, who is going to stop us?” “She was just trying to help. It doesn’t make sense to retaliate against her for an accidental offense.” “Accidental offense? Have you gone senile old man? For the past week, that sadistic bitch has been prodding and poking us like some kind of lab rat. Are you suggesting we should simply acquiesce to such a life? Let’s do something for a change. If you recall, we‘re only in here because you always shut me down. Let’s stop being so passive and act!”

The conversation is interrupted by several sets of rhythmic thuds heard down the hallway. The cell door swings opens, while a tall woman in a formal business suit, with blond hair tied up professionally in a bun, enters the cell. One guard follows her inside while another waits outside the room and locks the door. The inmate rises with a smirk on his face. “Hello… Doctor.” “You must be Omen.” she replies. “How very perceptive of you. You made the brat upset.” “May I speak to William?” She asks politely. “Tell us Doctor Miller, did you think that a shave and some clean clothes would tame us? Like some kind of stray dog?” Dr Miller’s eyes widen briefly as she shuffles back a step. “We are not cattle to be poked and prodded, and we feel your lack of respect deserves punishment.” The doctor manages to stammer out a few words as the guard raises his hand gun. “W- we’re here to help you.”

The inmate grins. “I’m sure.” A swift crescent kick to the guard’s hand sends his firearm tumbling against the padded wall. Omen drives his shoulder into the startled guard and forces him to the ground before slamming the sleeves of his jacket into the guards mouth and grinding them violently against his teeth. The fabric tears after a few thrusts and the frenzied prisoner breaks free of his restraints. Dr Miller looks on in horror before attempting to reach the door. Omen lunges forward, grabs the doctor by her neck, and slams her head into the padded wall. “We’re not finished with our session Doctor.” “Please,” she gasps through frantic breaths, “I was trying to help.” “I think it’s time you let us go. Tell your friend out there to open the door.” The doctor screams at the guard to open the door. The latches swing open and Omen steps out of the cell with the doctor in tow.

A lone figure lies in a brightly lit, padded cell. A mangled face and stained clothing match nicely with the pool of blood and teeth on the floor, yet his eyes don’t betray a single glimmer of intelligence.

Jake digs frantically through his hamper. He’d slept through the alarm and was about to be late for work. Why did he have to go to a party on laundry day? He just hoped he had gotten a number or two to make it worthwhile. He pulls out his black security uniform, and quickly sprays it with febreeze before slipping it on, grabbing his handgun, and dashing out the door. Jake’s thoughts drift to his work while he drives. Shortly after receiving work at St. Claire’s Mental Hospital, he had been placed in the solitary section; the cells reserved for those patients who were more a danger to others than they were to themselves.

About a week ago, a strange new patient had arrived. Jake’s boss, Dr. Miller, seems obsessed with him. According to her, he has a case of split personality disorder, but it is unlike any she has ever seen. Usually patients develop multiple personalities as a means of escape from stress, by making it so traumatic events happened to some other person, or as a way of shirking responsibility for deeds they cannot accept; not so with this new guy. His personalities seem to be completely aware of each other with no memory loss and tend to flip back and forth instantaneously, even to the point of communicating with each other. Jake doesn‘t know anything about all that psycho babble, but he does know that the guy is one creepy son of a bitch, and he’ll be glad when he’s finally gone.

Added (2010-11-23, 8:41:06 PM)
---------------------------------------------
Screeching tires protest as Jake swerves into the parking lot, accompanied by a whiff of burning rubber. He runs quickly to the door to find Dr. Miller standing stoically on the other side. Her face lifts for an instant before settling into a stern glare. “Nice of you to make it Jake. Your constant punctuality is refreshing.” “Sorry I’m late Dr. Miller, my alarm…” Jake’s excuse is cut off with a terse reply. “Let’s just see to the patients shall we?” On the way they meet up with Martin, who completes the security team. He lets out a resigned sigh and follows after the pair.
The rest of the day is filled with the same monotonous routine. Dr. Miller goes into one of the padded cells with Martin as security, while Jake stays outside and locks the door in case any of the patients happen to break free. That’s the idea anyway, keep the door locked and call for back up. The truth is, no one has ever been stupid enough to attack an armed guard while wearing a strait jacket, and Jake could easily see the outcome of such an attempt… but that’s his job, so for the sake of keeping up appearances Jake waits outside the locked doors with pistol in hand.
Finally Dr. Miller comes to the new guy’s cell and Jake can’t suppress the shiver that runs up his spine. Before he closes the door he catches a glimpse of the guy just sitting there, grinning. Jake's mind starts to drift to one of the girls he remembers from the party, before he blacked out. Long legs, slender body, flowing black hair. A guy like him didn’t stand a chance of catching a broad like that, but one could always dream. A loud thud from inside the room jars Jake from his fantasies. He starts to reach for his radio, but freezes when he hears a tearing sound mingled together with a sickening gurgle. Dr. Miller is screaming at him to open the door. Without thinking he pulls the latch.

The inmate bursts through the door, dragging a hysterical Dr. Miller with him. He turns towards Jake with a look of pure glee on his face. “Well hello Jakey. Nice radio you’ve got there. Let’s makes a deal. If you do me the favor of calling for backup, I’ll kill you and the doctor here free of charge.” He waits patiently for a response, but is granted only a look of utter terror and disgust by Jake. The inmate grins “No deal? How bout this one? I walk away, you shoot me in the back, and I fall to the ground.” Jake lets out confused sigh of relief, but the inmate continues. “Then… after I get back up, I eat both your hands.” At this the inmate licks his lips. Dr. Miller lets out a wailing plea “Omen, please!” Omen’s face contorts in puzzlement. “The Dr. doesn’t seem to like that plan Jakey. Oh you two are no fun.” Omen releases Dr. Miller and walks away pouting.
Dr. Miller runs sobbing into Jake's arms. He breaks free of his fear driven paralysis and does the only thing he can think of. He hugs her back. “It’s going to be ok Alice, he’s gone.” Dr. Alice Miller buries her face into Jake's chest and continues to sob uncontrollably. That Omen guy may be a creepy son of a bitch, but Jake has a feeling he’ll be thanking him later tonight.

Omen trods furiously down the asylum halls. William had prevented him from killing that bimbo Dr. and her incompetent guard, insisting that they would avoid more trouble if he let the two live. After a week of enduring boring psychobabble, in addition to the standard torture of putting up with Billy the brat and old man William, Omen wants bloodshed. The alarm sounds and Omen lets out of squeal of delight as heavy boots are heard against the tile floor.

A small squad of security personnel round the corner and point their weapons at the escapee. Omen begins to lunge, but suddenly stops. “I want to see Laura!” “God William, will you please shut that brat…” The sentence is left incomplete as a bullet passes through his abdomen. He looks down in shock, and receives several more in his shoulder leg and chest. He shuffles forward another two steps before a bullet hits him in the forehead, and everything goes black.

Approximately 28.76 seconds later, William Omen wakes up.

He sits up and smiles warmly at the guards. “Hi guys, those boom thingies are neat. Can I have one? What‘s wrong? You look scared.” He looks over to a guard’s outstretched hand and finger and begins to pout. “You shouldn’t point. It’s rude, but I forgive you. My name‘s Billy.”

The guard captain recovers from his shock and barks order to his men. “Restrain the prisoner.” the guards rush in and begin to grab Billy’s arms and legs. “Hey! Stop it! Leave me alone!” Billy stops screaming and a grin slides over his face. “Now now boys, no need to fight over me.”

Added (2010-11-23, 8:42:12 PM)
---------------------------------------------
The inmate jumps up and plants a foot into the chests of each of the two guards restraining him. The guards release him as they go flying back into their comrades and knock them all to the floor. Omen leaps gracefully into the air: lands with a sickening crack on the neck of Guardsman Dan, executes a pirouette on the groin of Guardsman Dave, taps a step ball change on the spleen of Guardsman James, and lands on the other side of the hall in a perfect plie. The remaining Guards scramble to their feet and run down the halls. The inmate watches them with a frown. “Will that be enough Omen?” “Oh yes Old Man. I think this will suffice.” “Then let us finish this affair.” The inmate smirks, “Indeed.”

William walks calmly to the exit, pausing only to glance at a few terrified Guards as they scramble to stay out of his way. He throws open the double door entrance and feels the warmth of the sun strike his skin for the first time in weeks. “Feels good. Doesn’t it Old Man?” “Very well Omen, I’ll admit you were right this one time.” The inmate chuckles. “Always so reluctant to accept defeat, eh William?” “Perhaps if you weren’t so wrong every other time…” “You’re hopeless Will.”

The inmate begins to sniffle. “Willem? Where’s Laura?” “Laura’s gone Billy, but one of your old friends is here to visit you.” William reaches down and plucks something long and slimy out of the moist soil. He holds it up to his face. “Remember this little guy?” Billy’s lip begins to tremble and his eyes light up. “W…W…Wormy? How did you find him?” William chuckles softly, “I think he found you Billy.” Billy places Wormy on his shoulder and slowly strokes his slimy membrane. “It’s ok Wormy. I won’t leave you again.” Wormy wriggles merrily atop the inmates shoulder.

William gazes off into the horizon. “So Omen. We’re out. What now?” “We’re free Old Man. Try to enjoy yourself for a change.”

Jake holds Dr. Miller tightly as she watches with a mixture of awe and terror, while her patient walks slowly away from the asylum with a large earthworm perched on his shoulder. There is so much more she wants to learn about him, yet she hopes she never again has the opportunity.

Message edited by Mystic_Prophet - Tuesday, 2010-11-23, 8:38:21 PM

God_Of_DeathDate: Thursday, 2011-03-10, 6:30:35 PM | Message # 2
Stage 7
Group: Moderator
Part two coming to a store near you?

GhostWolf223Date: Thursday, 2011-03-10, 7:06:43 PM | Message # 3
Stage 9
i like wormy <33

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

Mystic_ProphetDate: Thursday, 2011-03-10, 7:25:23 PM | Message # 4
Stage 4
It's something I've been thinking about for a while. So far I have a rather extensive backstory, but haven't really thought out any goals for him to pursue in order to make an actual plotline.

Message edited by Mystic_Prophet - Thursday, 2011-03-10, 7:25:39 PM

God_Of_DeathDate: Thursday, 2011-03-10, 7:35:03 PM | Message # 5
Stage 7
I think you could work with it if you felt the inspiration. Although without proper inspiration a forced story generally sounds iffy and not very compelling.

Mystic_ProphetDate: Thursday, 2011-03-10, 8:19:35 PM | Message # 6
Stage 4
I've found inspiration to simply be that 15 minute period where the previous 15 hours of work come together into a cohesive whole. Anything I can write completely with inspiration is usually an allegory of some sort.

pretty much the only thing holding the story back is me not knowing what the character wants. If I ever figure that out, I should be able to write something.

God_Of_DeathDate: Thursday, 2011-03-10, 8:24:19 PM | Message # 7
Stage 7
When I think of a psychopath I think of someone who is aimless and is driven by character and ideas without a plot being too important. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy would be an example of something sort of like this.

GhostWolf223Date: Thursday, 2011-03-10, 8:41:56 PM | Message # 8
Stage 9
if hes a psycho make him do stuff a psycho would do....random things that dont make much sense surprised

wormy

Rest in Peace...Josey The DoG Wales...
http://www.youtube.com/user/hero12345333
Visit my youtube channel :)
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/GhostWolf223

Forum » Off Topic » Writings » William Omen PART 1 (just a short story)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024