Sunday, 2024-05-19, 1:22:29 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » Desync maybe?
Desync maybe?
God_Of_DeathDate: Friday, 2010-03-19, 2:04:45 AM | Message # 1
Stage 7
Group: Moderator
not sure if this has been said already but I've been awake for 30 hours after sleeping for 3 and I don't feel like checking.

Some people seem to think desync can be caused from sharing vision due to the lag from everyone fighting the creeps. Might wanna check up on this

CerritusDate: Friday, 2010-03-19, 6:09:32 AM | Message # 2
Stage 1
Group: Users
I have been playing lan with my second computer for a few days now with no issue (Bnet drops the host computer after ~8 hours every time for me, but the second computer doesn't). Share vision and control every game with one player was red, the other blue. When my blue player got a Dark Soul +2 and Abyssal Sword +2, he started to get disconnects on attack after it (random, not the first attack directly after the upgrade). I had a Abyssal Sword +1 for a few games and had no issue.

I tried loading the hero without red (red stayed a wisp), tried dropping the sword, the soul and both after loading then attacking. All times I disconnected (man that load screen gets annoying when you just need to test a load!). I moved the player slot to Yellow instead and had no issue at all with disconnects. I didn't try Teal, but I read else ware on here that someone else said Teal/Blue get the most disconnects and I now agree.

May be related to specific items in the blue/teal player slot, but who knows. If I start dropping in the new slot, I'll update here.

Message edited by Cerritus - Friday, 2010-03-19, 8:53:45 AM

ShakiDate: Friday, 2010-03-19, 9:33:31 PM | Message # 3
Stage 2
I have some desyncing reporting, as God_of_death said earlier, sharing vision. But there are specifics, which i think are regarding with the time of day. When you start you cannot share vision, or leave town until morning. This ALWAYS causes desyncs for me. TY smile

CerritusDate: Thursday, 2010-03-25, 6:56:10 PM | Message # 4
Stage 1
Well being something other then blue/teal for my second computer worked for awhile on LAN. I've been yellow/purple and just now orange and getting disconnected when attacked from the frost dragons on the east side of the map going for the Key of Redemption. Oh boy do I hope this goes away with the next release!

It didn't happen when the second account was level 903 Bandit King, but level 911 doesn't agree with getting attacked. I save twice each time, making sure there's a different amount of gold/lumber so the code changes a bit. Using both codes picked up at level 911 caused a crash when the dragon lands his hit.

Tried going over without sharing vision and not adding bonus stats from levels.

*edit - Had the primary account run over instead to see if it was due to being hit on that character and it wasn't. The game locked up on both computers for about 20 seconds, then the second one disconnected.

**edit - Didn't load the Bandit King at all (stayed a wisp) and ran over with the PR (916) and the second computer still disconnected - probably an issue with the red account not liking the attack and dropping a network connection due to it...

***edit - ugh.. second computer disconnected on load when I changed from being red/purple to purple/yellow slots (no red). Seems it's something to do with the 916 PR more then the 911 Bandit King. Current equipment: rare legion's sword, legendary thanatos's wings, rare satan's ace, rare abyssal sword, hell set, chaotic necklace

Loaded a different load code for the same level and no crash (only loaded PR, no shared vision, second computer was still a wisp)! If one of the bug testers would like the load codes/account name used to test this (the one causing crashes and the other which worked), post here and I'll PM it.

Message edited by Cerritus - Thursday, 2010-03-25, 7:43:58 PM

CraftyWeaselDate: Saturday, 2010-03-27, 11:55:25 PM | Message # 5
Stage 2
i know for a fact that sharing vision / leaving town before daylight does not cause de-syncs by itself... because i have played plenty of games where everyone shared vision and went off to grabbing keys for chaos and leveling up etc. before daylight...

Edit: it could possibly work in unison with something though... like sharing vision, and revealing a lot of the map, and then it turns daylight... idk o.O

1 Iron Buckler: 60% to block 20 damage ; 0.6 x 20 = 12 average

2 Iron Bucklers: 1 - (1-0.6)(1-0.6) = 1 - (0.4)(0.4) = 1 - 0.16 = 0.84 = 84% to block 20 damage; 0.84 x 20 = 16.8 average

Message edited by CraftyWeasel - Saturday, 2010-03-27, 11:56:38 PM

TharashkDate: Tuesday, 2010-06-29, 2:35:06 PM | Message # 6
Stage 1
Okay so I don't know if anyone else has brought this up but I know for a fact since my brother plays an Elementalist and when we are in the same game the Elementalist CAN NOT skill up or leave town until after first day light whenever he does and goes gets keys its auto desync when he doesn't we never desync.... I don't know why but whenever eles skill up it causes desync probably cause of their char is so huge i mean the loading lag from Elementalist is like 10x worse then pr....

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2010-06-30, 7:17:40 AM | Message # 7
Stage 9
Group: Moderator
You see for me it's more of PR desync than Elementalist. When I work on my PR desync happened a LOT more often than my Ele.

I don't think the Ele is the issue, he's small actually. Stat based skills are in all kinds of WC3 maps. However possibly the map could be started by scratch, maybe as a side project worked on little compared to the main map, and once it catches up we could start testing for other desync issues. Maybe it is a memory error from having so many values deleted and remade and changed over time. The map is the "Curse of Time", so perhaps something hidden in it's mechanics decided to make it true.

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » Desync maybe?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024