Tuesday, 2024-05-07, 5:55:36 PM

Main
Registration
Login
Curse of Time 2, Plains of Medea, Fires of Chaos Welcome Guest | RSS  
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » Fixing Desyncs and Disconnects (Need help testing solutions to desync and disconnect)
Fixing Desyncs and Disconnects
JackDate: Thursday, 2009-11-05, 3:00:07 PM | Message # 16
Stage 1
Group: Users
I don't know if it helps you, but playing that map on lan with, for example, the 1.20e-Patch works like a charm... I played the map with a friend about 10 times, at least 2-5 hours, without any dc.

dothackkingDate: Thursday, 2009-11-19, 12:09:54 PM | Message # 17
Stage 4
I just played a new game, it went fine for 2 or 3 hours, and then the moment I killed a forgotten one, he got d/c'd (the only other player) I say take out the forgotten ones, see if that helps. It's not like they make much sense anyway...lol

FayedDate: Friday, 2010-01-29, 2:14:51 AM | Message # 18
Stage 1
i played 7 hours and saved...then when i load, after some time a was disconnected...i try again and few minutes after loading a were disconnected again...i didn't have idea of what it is...can someone help?

bud-bus-Date: Friday, 2010-01-29, 2:25:53 AM | Message # 19
Lead Moderator
Group: Moderator
Restart wc3, then try joining another game and loading.

When faced with two choices just simply flip a coin. Not because it settles the question for you, but because that one second it is in the air you suddenly know what you are hoping for.

Sandman366Date: Wednesday, 2010-02-24, 3:55:14 PM | Message # 20
Stage 9
Personally, I've noticed it can differ from computer to computer. The mine with the devotion key? On my main computer, attacking them outright with a PR can make me desync. On another (a better one, lol) computer it usually wouldn't. xx

Also I've noticed certain heroes desync less than other heroes as well. When I used my elementalist, I rarely desynced. I was like, "It's been kinda a while since I desynced...lol." With my PR though, desyncs feel as common as people playing the map. wacko

I've heard many things that help desync, getting stats, staying in town near start, sharing vision, and others. I've noticed the frost dragon breath before too with my Ele. Tele to Ice troll, kill him, pick up the key, and as I get the key/get hit by frost attack, desync. angry

I think one of the strangest things I've noticed though, it is usually during the nighttime that you get desynced. It's rare if it ever happens at daytime, and the map can desync multiple times a game. (I think once I say like 3 waves of drops?) Also I've seen where the bot said the map split down the middle of players (like 4 in one game, 4 in another) and I'm the only player left. cry

Maybe some of these are just me, but considering how many games of this are played, I'm sure it's not just me.

Edit: I actually remember a time, after being the last person in a game with a bot (can host I'm just lazy :P) the game froze, as if I just desynced. No desync menu though, how could I desync if I'm the only one there? (Does the bot REALLY count? I mean really?) Anyway, it acted like I just desynced, and leaving the game made it go along as if nothing happened, as if it did it's little op then from when you leave....it was strange. Anyway, if anyone here played FFE RPG, they should know that map had desync issues as well, madly common, worse than plague or how many hours people send on a computer. (Heard something like, have 8 or more upgrades and attack something, you desync! 99% of the games I played were solo...)

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

Message edited by Sandman366 - Wednesday, 2010-02-24, 4:06:12 PM

geogeoDate: Monday, 2010-08-09, 5:12:36 AM | Message # 21
Stage 1
Best solution is reinstalling ur warcraft 3 game... i had same problem with desync,was disconecing all the time...i reinstaled w3 and never hapened again...and that port thingy idk if that has any effect at all...its a map problem or a w3 game problem...this thing happens 2 often so it cant be a connection problem...mostly its because of the map...

myrealDate: Monday, 2010-08-09, 11:54:18 AM | Message # 22
Stage 3
I played 1.04 last night with DC and another dude for like 12 hours then we disconnect. This was a manual hosting no bott. Looks like i can host 1.4 without being disconnected, with other versions all players get dc in 15 min or so.

geogeoDate: Monday, 2010-08-09, 3:01:46 PM | Message # 23
Stage 1
it doesnt matter if its u or another player...if some1 has a buged w3 game u might disconect 2...anyway the map is poorly made , thats the bigest problem

Added (2010-08-09, 3:01:46 PM)
---------------------------------------------
well i gues is the map...played cot 104 with a guy and we desynced all the time , we reinstaled w3 had no efect ... on other maps it isnt hapening when i play with him ... not even once...

princepsDate: Monday, 2010-08-09, 10:23:45 PM | Message # 24
Stage 1
with 2 ppl on game. it never splits or d/cs. however if there's more than 2 players in the game. IT seems not stable and/or require some times to load up the map on the bnet. Also blink of god's aura seems the major problem. I guess the game cannot load up faster as we blinked to the desired point and reveal the map. 1 blink 1 hit to mino. then all splits like banana. lol.

also some ppl may wants to use right bottom base for chaos use where it has invulnerable gate at front. if you use zep to get there to get keys, also splits the game. and the top right corner, u need to go there to get keys during night. seems like if u wakes up all mobs in that area, it splits like shredded bananas. so get the key of dimension and do the sneaky blink to the point where top right corner key drops. then get the key, sneakily retreat to the base.

I;ve been using this methods and never splited in 1.01b though haven't tried this on 1.04b.

I get mass d/c when i colo with my friends in 1.04. dun no y. mayb too many mobs regen?

this problem needs to be fixed. or i guess it would be great if we can get rid of cinematic at the beginning. and increase the load time a bit so the map can be loaded fully in a stable way.

cheers. happy

FreakyDate: Monday, 2010-08-16, 4:26:19 PM | Message # 25
Stage 1
i can provide replays where people get desynced or disconnect..if u r interested i've plenty of them :/

CeshunDate: Wednesday, 2010-08-18, 12:38:55 PM | Message # 26
Stage 4
Group: File Master
Just fixing 1 2 3 4 5 - 99 desync issued regions/triggers/units that get mesed up in jass/coding the map etc... is 2 much work
Would be much simpel if you start from scratsh
Load terrain
add 999999triggers lol
add 9999 units + heroes
etc.. etc...

But outcome will come perfect
2x 5x faster load + no desync

Or am i wrong?
Were still in beta. Anything is possible.

FredDate: Wednesday, 2010-08-18, 10:51:23 PM | Message # 27
Stage 1
hm idk but for some reason when i would play this i would just sit in town for like 15-30 minutes or at least until it was day and i had no problems after that. thats hows its been for me in almost every game i play.

darkchaosDate: Wednesday, 2010-08-18, 11:23:26 PM | Message # 28
Mapmaker
Group: Lead Designer
Just fixing 1 2 3 4 5 - 99 desync issued regions/triggers/units that get mesed up in jass/coding the map etc... is 2 much work
Would be much simpel if you start from scratsh
Load terrain
add 999999triggers lol
add 9999 units + heroes
etc.. etc...
But outcome will come perfect
2x 5x faster load + no desync

Or am i wrong?
Were still in beta. Anything is possible.

No...just no...

This isnt just like a no...

This is a no... on like a completely different scale....

Its like...

CeshunDate: Saturday, 2010-08-21, 3:08:12 PM | Message # 29
Stage 4
Group: File Master
Quote (darkchaos)
No...just no...

1 no is egnuf... >.<
Ceshun feels smashed

Anyway ive been hearing that if you stay in Town till the daytime there woun't be any desync is this true?
I just did 8x game no desync ... was it realy becos evryone stayed in town till that time?

Sandman366Date: Sunday, 2010-08-29, 8:52:41 PM | Message # 30
Stage 9
For those who don't understand it, I believe desync is when some problem in the map freezes your game, you're then out of sync and WC3 compensates by, well, getting rid of you. Thus, desync occurs.

For the thread: I've seen one time using (I forget if it was tele staff or blood elf book) to get to someone someone up in the medean/existance mine caused desync.

Also, after first night or so most of desync issues seem to disappear.

By the way...Ceshun....think of everything in the map. Tooltips, skills, creeps, bosses, items, weather system, Sin's systems, experience system, all of it. Think of everything that'd have to be redone. Think if you made a list of it all, how big would it be? I'm betting like, nearly the size of the map. (Don't forget: everything has it's own tooltip, even normal WC3 items have special tooptips.)

Malevolent criminal I,
when the vision paints my mind.
Cross the invisible line...
...and you'll be paid in kind.

Forum » Plain's of Medea : Fires of Chaos » Feedback and Error Reports » Fixing Desyncs and Disconnects (Need help testing solutions to desync and disconnect)
Search:

Tag Board
Copyright MyCorp © 2024